Bauer to bid for NHL Jersey License in 2016

NYIJM29

I quite like the 2.0's. But my Moose Bauer jersey is pretty ###### sturdy.

I'm all for a change so as long as they don't try and pull some Indo sh*t on us to save a few dollars.

Exactly, the indo cash grab ruined it for me on the new jerseys. I would love to have new Preds jersey but I am not getting an indo. If they sold Canada made 2.0s it would be all well and good.

I wouldn't mind seeing a change in who makes the jerseys myself. However, I don't want to be a downer but I honestly do not think the jersey collecting scene will improve with any manufacture. Reebok has set the tone and I'd be willing to bet anybody who gets the contract has taken note and will follow that business model because in the end it's all about the almighty profit. It's sad that I can go to a USHL or NAHL game and buy a better product than what the biggest hockey league in the world can and is willing to provide. Reebok can be thanked for anything that happens in the future.

PLEASE GOD, MAKE IT SO

Reebok's reign as the licensed manufacturer has been a complete abortion that has gone from OK to bad to godawful in a very short period of time. They ran their other licensing agreements into the ground (NFL,NBA) and lost them, the same thing should happen here.

I am particularly enthusiastic about the prospect of Bauer because Nike would be the front runner and odds are they would want to impose some Swift cut crap on the league. I think the Swift design has some things going for it as a game jersey, but nothing that would outweigh its complete lack of appeal in terms of fan apparel. It's made for people who are very fit and it's made for pads to be stuffed under it in a way that's more pronounced than its predecessors.

If Reebok were even remotely concerned with quality and fan experience, they would have offered the Edge 2,0s for retail and/or done what Majestic did with retail versions in Cool Base and Double Knit (either with a 1.0/2,0 or a 1.0/6100 initially). They obviously do not as their prices have continued to increase as their quality decreased. Their response to the total flop of the 1.0 as an on-ice item was not to re-do their retail jerseys as being the real deal, instead they made them even flimsier and moved production overseas. That was the last straw, outside of gamers I have never kept a Reebok Edge jersey in my collection, I would rather wear a replica in the old air knit and ultrafil styles than those.

Bauer is an actual hockey company, so I'd expect some real hockey jerseys from them - tough polyester knit with whatever type of weave they use. But I'd like to echo the sentiment from above, Bauer is a smaller comapny. Will they actually have the cash to shell out in the bidding process to overtake Reebok/Adidas?

I don't know what the status of the negotiations are. Reebok bought HHIC or whatever the umbrella company was called that owned Koho Jofa and CCM at a cut rate. Took on their debts, got their manufacturing infrastructure and got the licensing around $200M. They seemed to be doing it as a low-risk proposition and of course later they were not even using the same factories (the Indonesia ones are not from the old company).

So who knows ReebAdidas's level of interest? It may not be all that high, and judging from what they paid to acquire the entire company and its licensing, the price not be all that high this time around, especially if they are lukewarm about renewing. I do think Nike would be an interested party, but just because they have billions doesn't mean they will overpay for the rights.

I am particularly enthusiastic about the prospect of Bauer because Nike would be the front runner and odds are they would want to impose some Swift cut crap on the league. I think the Swift design has some things going for it as a game jersey, but nothing that would outweigh its complete lack of appeal in terms of fan apparel. It's made for people who are very fit and it's made for pads to be stuffed under it in a way that's more pronounced than its predecessors.

Does the league have no standard of quality or no say in quality and appearance of the on ice jerseys that represent it?

outside of gamers I have never kept a Reebok Edge jersey in my collection, I would rather wear a replica in the old air knit and ultrafil styles than those.

Amen

I strongly doubt we'd see the Swift in NHL stores, simply because the actual production cost is way too high. We'd either be shelling out more money than a retail Edge costs, or they'd be taking a massive hit.

I greatly enjoyed Bauer's old IHL and AHL designs from the 1990s, and can see a handful of bland teams wanting to go with something creative if it can be done. Also, sublimation is the great jersey anti-counterfeiting measure; if you ever see a Reebok that's supposed to have sublimated trim, the bootleggers can't replicate it.

Bauer would be a great supplier for the jerseys.

Can we all agree that the best cut is the 6100 series? Or is that a dead topic! CCM/Koho, pro player/starter or Nike. Loved them all. Why can't the league just say, here is the shape of what your allowed to wear and leave it up to the team's equipment manager to decide what's best for the team as far as supplier. Kind of like the jeep during world war 2.

Can we all agree that the best cut is the 6100 series? Or is that a dead topic! CCM/Koho, pro player/starter or Nike. Loved them all. Why can't the league just say, here is the shape of what your allowed to wear and leave it up to the team's equipment manager to decide what's best for the team as far as supplier. Kind of like the jeep during world war 2.

Definitely not, I prefer the edge cut much more than the 6100

If youre referring to the Reebok 6100, yeah its probably the worst cut of all time. Any size of those things is phenomenally goofy. The standard cut of Koho/CCM is a great jersey but Reebok 6100, they suck.

If youre referring to the Reebok 6100, yeah its probably the worst cut of all time. Any size of those things is phenomenally goofy. The standard cut of Koho/CCM is a great jersey but Reebok 6100, they suck.

Huh? The RBK 6100s were pretty much the same as the previous Koho/CCM 6100s. For many teams they were identical.

For me it depends- if my jersey is pushing the limits of length, the EDGE works b/c since it has that curvy bottom, the sides aren't as long and so it doesn't look as bad. A CCM, if it's long, it's long all the way around.

But I probably prefer a good fitting CCM (not to rehash old discussions , but I've had 3 CCM's in the same size that most certainly were not the same size. The tags should've read "44-ish")

"Bauer to bid for NHL Jersey License in 2016"

I'm Jeff and I collect jerseys and I approve of this message.