Islanders fisherman jersey?

Mnwildfan7000

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have a dark authentic fisherman jersey and what gets me is the hardness of the main crest logo. Its "rock" hard compare to other authentic uniforms logos which are nice and smooth and bendy. Even majority of other replica jerseys got smooth crests. This one is solid and It makes it uncomfotable and makes me think its not genuine or they used one for replica jersey. Please what material is on yours guys? Is it suppose to be like that or it should be smoother?

Thanx.

Hi,

I have a dark authentic fisherman jersey and what gets me is the hardness of the main crest logo. Its "rock" hard compare to other authentic uniforms logos which are nice and smooth and bendy. Even majority of other replica jerseys got smooth crests. This one is solid and It makes it uncomfotable and makes me think its not genuine or they used one for replica jersey. Please what material is on yours guys? Is it suppose to be like that or it should be smoother?

Thanx.

Actually, that is the right crest. During the Islanders tenure with the fisherman jersey, the players complained about how uncomfortable the logos were, so they removed the original logo, and installed a smaller one. If you look at some game worn fisherman jerseys, you can see some glue residue from the original logo. Edited by thebiggoalie

Always loved this jersey. I got into hockey around the time it came out, so I had no knowledge of the history behind the old (new?) Islanders uniform, but this one stood out as different and cool.

I honestly think it could've survived as a third if it weren't for those impossible back numbers and nameplates. Though I will agree with others who've said that it seems like every new team and/or redesign that came around in the early 90's had to have teal somewhere.

I like it myself and I am a fan of the traditional jersey piping but its got its magic. I certainly wouldnt class it as a disaster, unlike the modern vertical paterns designs on some of the clubs jerseys. They look like average third german league clubs. All they lack its adverts. Its a dead road in jersey design but I suppose it have to be walked through to go back to traditional.