Islanders fisherman jersey?

Mnwildfan7000

EPS. Pretty sure they're the only place. I know Stitches NY does the current sweaters, but I don't think they can letter the Fisherman jerseys.

Hold on now, what's this about the crest? I know the went from the fisherman back to the old style, but were their 2 sized fishermen crests? Very confused....

The Fisherman crest made its debut in 1995-96, and was 16" wide at its widest point and 11" at the tallest. There were complaints about the size of it impeding player movement, so a huge number of game jerseys had the crest stripped off and replaced by a slightly smaller one the next year. The 1996-97 (small) Fisherman crest is 15" wide and 10" tall. On most of the gamers from that year, there's a visible strip of adhesive that goes all the way around the crest. My guess is that the glue residue from the old crests was used as a guide for where to place the new ones.

You can see the outline here:

96-97Taylorfrt.jpg

I am torn on where to send my jersey to have it customized. I have seen EPS's work and its decent, but off a bit. I talked to cutting edge, but am apprehensive about them doing it since I have not seen their work. I want it to look as close to on ice as I can get it.

Cutting Edge basically did them for the team, they have the proper fonts and materials since the previous owner actually created them. Their work isnt as good as EPS but if you want accuray go there. Its not like its terrible work, its just not super perfect usually.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, I dug up this thread to help me figure out where to get my fisherman jersey properly customized. I sent in a blank to cutting edge sports to get it customized into a Palffy and here are the results, I think they did a good job, but I'm interested in what you guys think. Thanks

2PEym4Fl.jpg

Af8e1C5l.jpg

R66qdYAl.jpg

SpWvYrjl.jpg

pkn2v8rl.jpg

100% Perfect. Spot on. I want to send mine to get done up soon. Just need to forecast my expenses. I want to get a Reichel fisherman, Cairns 98-99, and Czerkawski 2000 customized.

100% Perfect. Spot on. I want to send mine to get done up soon. Just need to forecast my expenses. I want to get a Reichel fisherman, Cairns 98-99, and Czerkawski 2000 customized.

Thanks for the feedback. I figure I post in case anyone else was looking to customize a fisherman jersey at cutting edge sports and wanted to see the finished product.

If one was interested in purchasing a blank Fisherman jersey...how much should they be willing to shell out?

Blank authentics? $175 max. Customized correctly? $250-300

Thanks for the feedback. I figure I post in case anyone else was looking to customize a fisherman jersey at cutting edge sports and wanted to see the finished product.

Any time man. It's a beautiful jersey. Cutting Edge did the Isles jerseys from 96-07, so they should be able to do it 100%