Penguins sky-blue alternate

PensFan77

Also, can you explain kiss-cut a little bit more in-depth, just so I have a more thorough understanding when I go get it customized.

Kiss-cut just refers to the way the twill layers are cut and stitched together. Here is some detail from one of my Kings gamers:

gamer_detail.jpg

If you look at the number from far away it might look like there are 3 twill layers stacked one right on top of the other, with the black layer being on the bottom, the silver layer stitched next on top of the black, then finally the purple layer on top. If they were this way, with each successively smaller layer being added on top of the previous one in ascending order (like a pyramid), then this would be called layered (or stacked) customization.

But if you look closely at the photo, you'll see it's not like that. The black layer is the bottom layer, but the next layer to go on top is the purple one, and finally the last layer is a thin silver strip (an outline) which is stitched over the seam between the black and purple layers. The layers are not in ascending order from outside to inside, and this is called kiss-cut.

• 2 weeks later...

I should be receiving my jersey from dsl135, hopefully, tomorrow. I'm probably goibg to go with House o' Hockey in Pittsburgh as they seem to do pretty good work.

Incidentally, I stumbled upon this jersey that they did that is done up as a Rick Tocchet Pens alumni game jersey. Can anyone tell me if it's accurate, font/numbers/EDGE nameplate, etc.?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=400326392000&index=12&nav=SEARCH&nid=60797833335

I'm posting from my phone, so I apologize if the link isn't hot/doesn't work correctly.

Thanks all.

I should be receiving my jersey from dsl135, hopefully, tomorrow. I'm probably goibg to go with House o' Hockey in Pittsburgh as they seem to do pretty good work.

Incidentally, I stumbled upon this jersey that they did that is done up as a Rick Tocchet Pens alumni game jersey. Can anyone tell me if it's accurate, font/numbers/EDGE nameplate, etc.?

http://item.mobilewe...nid=60797833335

I'm posting from my phone, so I apologize if the link isn't hot/doesn't work correctly.

Thanks all.

Looks good to me but I can't tell what material was used for the nameplate. Just make sure you get a kiss-cut lettering.

Lettering looks good to me too. If you want to see samples of the gameworn lettering to compare, just go here:

http://jjdistributing.weebly.com/2010-11-alternate-blue-2008-wc-style.html

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped the jersey off at House of Hockey in Murraysville about a week or so ago. It's been a fairly smooth process, I've been kept informed of what's been going on. Case in point: he thought he had all the letters already there for the name, but it turns out that he didn't. Rather than just keep me out of the loop, he called me on Saturday to explain the situation and gave me a slightly longer time frame. When I dropped it off, I was quoted at 2 week turnaround time, but because of having to order the letters, he figures it'll take another week. Very satisfied so far, can't wait to get the jersey back. Suffice to say, if he delivers on the customization like he said he could, he'll see a lot more business from me in the future. I want to add a bunch of jerseys from the 1991 and 1992 Cup seasons to my collection.

######, this hobby is going to cost me a lot of money.

• 9 months later...

Lettering looks good to me too. If you want to see samples of the gameworn lettering to compare, just go here:

http://jjdistributing.weebly.com/2010-11-alternate-blue-2008-wc-style.html

Looks to me like the customization is 2 color. White on navy blue for the numbers and letters, no?

Looks to me like the customization is 2 color. White on navy blue for the numbers and letters, no?

Nope. Their kiss-cut w. the dark blue on the white. I actually just sent one of those to Cutting Edge last week, but unfortunately, they already started working on the NHL uniforms they do, so it will be a while until I get my order back.

Nope. Their kiss-cut w. the dark blue on the white. I actually just sent one of those to Cutting Edge last week, but unfortunately, they already started working on the NHL uniforms they do, so it will be a while until I get my order back.

Thanks for correcting me. This is useful information. I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Did you just order one from JJ?

No, I am considering a purchase. I wanted to find out what the exact on-ice specifications are.

No, I am considering a purchase. I wanted to find out what the exact on-ice specifications are.

I just sent one of each 2.0 WC to CE, a week or so ago. Called them yesterday to confirm they got them, but apparently they already started doing the NHL teams they do, so it will probably be another 6 months until I see them. :/

I just sent one of each 2.0 WC to CE, a week or so ago. Called them yesterday to confirm they got them, but apparently they already started doing the NHL teams they do, so it will probably be another 6 months until I see them. :/

Are you sure about the 6 months or guessing? I sent a box 2 days ago and when I called to ask if it was okay to send, they said now would be better than waiting and they would be starting NHL next month.

Are you sure about the 6 months or guessing? I sent a box 2 days ago and when I called to ask if it was okay to send, they said now would be better than waiting and they would be starting NHL next month.

Just guessing, but they made it clear I wasn't a priority. First time I used them, so I was a little put off.

I inquired yesterday about special modifications on a kit they just did for me, and they said they were starting their team jersey rush, and so they wouldn't be able to get to it until around November, and that I should try back then. I doubt Tom's jerseys would take 6 months, though.

I inquired yesterday about special modifications on a kit they just did for me, and they said they were starting their team jersey rush, and so they wouldn't be able to get to it until around November, and that I should try back then. I doubt Tom's jerseys would take 6 months, though.

Sounds about right. I sent a jersey to Cutting Edge a few years ago in late August/early September. I got it back in early December, I think.