Jersey Sighting Frequency

jjjoejr

Man I love the 90's jerseys and wow with today's win I hope they keep pushing foreword. Now we have to wait over a week before they start playing again and I hope that does not slow them down. I still feel like these guys are not getting credit for being 8-1 in the playoffs.... Just amazing. I've been a Kings fan ever since we came to the US in the early 90's and if we win the cup I think I'll cry. So till then I'm not going to get over my head because playing against the Preds or the Coyotes will be a tough series :lol:

Those Kings jerseys nowadays are badass and I hope that they win the cup! (how can you not cheer for a team (besides Detoilet) that has beaten the Canucks and the Blues?!)

I'm sure I'll see a bunch of jerseys today, most of which will be fake, because all the bandwagon Ranger fans should be out en masse at school again. I'm debating between just throwing a t-shirt on or rocking one of my jerseys.

I'm sure I'll see a bunch of jerseys today, most of which will be fake, because all the bandwagon Ranger fans should be out en masse at school again. I'm debating between just throwing a t-shirt on or rocking one of my jerseys.

My girlfriend did a substitute teacher gig at one of the high schools here and she told me there was a kid wearing a Pens jersey. She ended up talking to him about it and he said that his dad found a place to get them "cheap" and he knew it was probably fake but still liked it.

And a couple months back I made a trip to Indianapolis to get a little ice time. There was a kids hockey tournament using the other sheet of ice and they were having a silent jersey auction. Thought it was a pretty cool idea until I got to looking at them and they were all fake minus a couple legit replicas. And people were bidding like $150 for the fakes and they weren't even remotely "good" ones.

I saw an amazing jersey at last night's Caps game. My season tickets are in the same section where the Caps family and friends sit. I saw a guy with Alex Semin's Game Worn 2008 IIHF World Championship red Team Russia jersey. It had the IIHF 100 Anniv patch on the back hem. Probably a friend of Semin's who he gave his IIHF jersey too.

I saw an amazing jersey at last night's Caps game. My season tickets are in the same section where the Caps family and friends sit. I saw a guy with Alex Semin's Game Worn 2008 IIHF World Championship red Team Russia jersey. It had the IIHF 100 Anniv patch on the back hem. Probably a friend of Semin's who he gave his IIHF jersey too.

sounds awesome :stickhndl: ...........you need to follow that guy to the bathroom at intermission.............( to get the jersey )

I saw one that made me very sad at game 5. I was down by the glass waiting for warmups, and this lady strolls down with an authentic home jersey, customized with the weird font they used for 2 games in 2008 when the jersey debuted. I ask her if it's a gamer, and she says yep, her husband is a collector.

It was a Timonen. She then proceeded to eat cheese nachos in it.

If you're a member on here, husband, I'm sorry, but if that was my wife...we'd have problems.

I saw one that made me very sad at game 5. I was down by the glass waiting for warmups, and this lady strolls down with an authentic home jersey, customized with the weird font they used for 2 games in 2008 when the jersey debuted. I ask her if it's a gamer, and she says yep, her husband is a collector.

It was a Timonen. She then proceeded to eat cheese nachos in it.

If you're a member on here, husband, I'm sorry, but if that was my wife...we'd have problems.

Maybe the nachos were just that good.

######, I only have one jersey and its an edge and I don't even eat or smoke when I'm wearing it.

I'd probably cry a little if someone got cheese on it.

If you wear your gamers out, I don't see the harm in eating in them. Everything could be washed out, while leaving puck/stick marks. Hockey jerseys are made to be abused and washed after every game

I went to Stockholm last weekend to see some games and there were buttloads of game worns because for the smaller countries, good replicas don't exist. It was actually great to go and talk to the people who were wearing them, like how they got it, if they know the player, etc. I was also sporting a game worn to the games I went to and lent out a few to my friends. No damage came to them but I said no smoking and no eating in them. Everything went fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Helsinki the other day, and I managed to come across a sports bar that had a vast collection of jerseys on display. Here's some of the highlights:

Jari Kurri jersey from his pre-NHL career in Jokerit Helsinki. Looks game worn.

526114_10150906191027299_183933391_n.jpg

Jari Kurri's All Star jersey and skates from the 1984 All Star Game. Probably game worn also.

301896_10150906200097299_1494036883_n.jpg

Wayne Gretzky's 99 All Stars jersey #99 Gretzky. Double tagged, so it's probably the real thing.

392381_10150906200602299_523827298_9471921_253117579_n.jpg

Teemu Selanne's Winnipeg Jets jersey #8. Looks game worn.

148945_10150906201217299_1810888106_n.jpg

Teemu Selanne World Cup jersey. Possibly a gamer, not sure.

484338_10150906201392299_523827298_9471934_1184364608_n.jpg

Also one sighting from the Finnish Sports Museum.

Jari Kurri's Oilers jersey, gloves, helmet, stick, skates and the fifth Stanley Cup ring. The jersey, stick, helmet, gloves and skates were worn in the 1990 Stanley Cup Finals.

30335_402021157298_4298006_n.jpg

Dude I've been looking for a white Selanne #8 gamer for months now, I want to compair it to the one I have and see if mine is game worn. Did you possibly see the sleeves on it and if they were cut because the one that I have they are shortened instead of being cut.

Dude I've been looking for a white Selanne #8 gamer for months now, I want to compair it to the one I have and see if mine is game worn. Did you possibly see the sleeves on it and if they were cut because the one that I have they are shortened instead of being cut.

No, sorry. The jersey was placed so high and it was framed so it was pretty hard to figure out the sleeves. Plus the golden skate seen on the pic was in the way of the other sleeve.

I see people (well saw since i graduated this past friday :D ) at school every so often. Yesterday, at Dave and Busters, I saw someone wearing a Pavel Datsyuk EDGE 2.0 dark.