Non-airknit 6100 jerseys

LAK74

I was looking at Krendelev's Koho Habs jersey for sale in The Trading Post and was intrigued that it was made of ultrafil. I was under the impression that all CCM/Koho/Reebok 6100's from 2000-07 were airknit only. After doing a bit of research, it seems to me that the Habs wore ultrafil all the way until the last season before the Edge era (2006-07), when they switched to airknit. I have since found that Ottawa and Vancouver also wore ultrafil for a few seasons, but switched to airknit sometime before the lockout. Does anyone know if any other teams wore 6100's of any material besides airknit?

Actually, I found quite a few Reebok Habs gamers from 2005-06, and they were all ultrafil. Whether they were rebranded leftovers from before though, I don't know.

Actually, I found quite a few Reebok Habs gamers from 2005-06, and they were all ultrafil. Whether they were rebranded leftovers from before though, I don't know.

Yeah the 05-06's were rebranded leftovers. On some of the Meigray gamers there is the Meigray tag that states 04-05 season and then has a small tag that says 2005-06 beside it.

I think Ottawa (home/away/alt) began wearing air-knit in 2002-03 and Vancouver (home/away) began in 2005-06. I'm not sure what the name of the double-mesh material is that was used on the Atlanta light blues and Nashville mustards.

Right, I had totally forgotten about the Preds and Thrashers mesh jerseys! And I believe you're completely correct about the dates of the Sens and Canucks airknits. I did find that the last season for Canucks home and away ultrafils was 2003-04, and that they were already using airknits on their red 3rds as early as 2001-02, I think, and also on those vintage jerseys starting in 2003-04.

Thanks to all for the help!

When Reebok took over post-lockout, all 6100s were air knit

I had a 2003-2004 6100 Habs jersey and it was Ultrafil.

Montreal wore ultrafil in 2005-06 only I believe. Vancouver may have too now that I think about it. I've seen some of the old CCM rebranded ones that had the vector and old shield on an ultrafil jersey. Who knows? Montreal was definitely the last holdout though.

Montreal wore ultrafil in 2005-06 only I believe. Vancouver may have too now that I think about it. I've seen some of the old CCM rebranded ones that had the vector and old shield on an ultrafil jersey. Who knows? Montreal was definitely the last holdout though.

Well the reason I said 2004 is because the jersey still had its original tags on it and the price tag had a date back from 2004. So it might have been an 04/05 too.

Montreal wore ultrafil in every season during the 2000's up to and including 2005-06, so your 2003-04 would be expected to be ultrafil. I think Mike meant that Montreal was the only team to regularly wear ultrafil during the entire 2005-06 season. Remember that 2004-05 was the lockout year and nobody played.

• 10 months later...

Interesting that it's ultrafil; I would have expected it to be air-knit. Regardless of the material though, if it's a Reebok I'd pick someone on the roster from 2005-07.

It's a re-branded jersey from 2003-04 when the Canucks still used ultrafil. It should have the old shield on the hem too; whether still visible or covered by the new one.

It's a re-branded jersey from 2003-04 when the Canucks still used ultrafil. It should have the old shield on the hem too; whether still visible or covered by the new one.

yes,now I see it as re-branded as it has the shield on the rear hem and also,a tag sewn on the inside below the armpit that says sport maska !!

imag0235m.jpg

They left the old shield on.