Sportsk.com?

ShipWreck

Anyone dealt with Sportsk.com before?

I am considering buying a Flyers jersey from them, and having the name and numbers of a player sewn on.

I've been looking at a lot of different places that will do a Jagr jersey - they had a decent price, and they do have an example of what it looks like with his name on it.

There was a vendor on ebay I was considering, but his nameplate is almost too small for "Jagr" - the real jersey Jagr wears had a little bit more extra space at the beginning and end of his name. The one shown at Sporsk.com seemed to look better....

Edited by ShipWreck

Anyone dealt with Sportsk.com before?

I am considering buying a Flyers jersey from them, and having the name and numbers of a player sewn on.

I've been looking at a lot of different places that will do a Jagr jersey - they had a decent price, and they do have an example of what it looks like with his name on it.

There was a vendor on ebay I was considering, but his nameplate is almost too small for "Jagr" - the real jersey Jagr wears had a little bit more extra space at the beginning and end of his name. The one shown at Sporsk.com seemed to look better....

sportsk.com is solid. Good customer service. Like most vendors, they are at the mercy of their customizer. Tell them what you want. Howard there has been very good.

I've heard horror stores on this forum about the work SportsK does. They can't be as bad as EPS, though.

I've heard horror stores on this forum about the work SportsK does. They can't be as bad as EPS, though.

Really? Like what?

Now ya gotta me rethinking an order....

Anyone know about their patches? Are they authentic?

The patches I ordered from them all came in official National Emblem packaging and looked good to me. I'm not necessarily saying that they are original patches, but they're at least official and legit.

Really? Like what?

Now ya gotta me rethinking an order....

Just that their customization can be very poor, since they don't do anything in-house. When I first joined here I was told by I forget who that I shouldn't bother with SportsK unless I want my jerseys done wrong. I don't know if that's changed, but I personally wouldn't send my stuff to them.

Ok... I was trying to go no higher than $170 or so.

Locker Room Sports is where I first started looking, as they have Jagr Jersey's on ebay. However - as you can see here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270777568798&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

The nameplate is cut short sorta abruptly after the last letter in his name.

The Jagr jersey showing in the Sportssk ad on their page looked pretty good to me - visually. The nameplate looked like it was done better...

Locker Room Sports is where I first started looking, as they have Jagr Jersey's on ebay. However - as you can see here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270777568798&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

With Locker Room, it's probably a stock photo they used. It says they customize the jersey after you order it, so maybe you could specify you want a longer nameplate. With Flyers jerseys though, you have to be careful, since it seems there's so much variation in customization between different customizers. If they get the font right then the plate material might be wrong, etc. It must be a pain to be a Flyers fan...

Ok... I was trying to go no higher than $170 or so.

The Jagr jersey showing in the Sportssk ad on their page looked pretty good to me - visually. The nameplate looked like it was done better...

If thats basically what the jerseys look like, the font on the Locker Room is pretty off. As well, I'm pretty sure that LRS does not use a twill nameplate. The Sportsk.com one doesnt look too bad, the name font is closer to the way they are done on the ice.

If you're good with ordering online, call the Flyers Skatezone in Voorhees, NJ. The jerseys they stock are customized by Philly Express, the same company who customizes the Flyers on ice jerseys. That way, you dont have to worry about the customization being off

If thats basically what the jerseys look like, the font on the Locker Room is pretty off. As well, I'm pretty sure that LRS does not use a twill nameplate. The Sportsk.com one doesnt look too bad, the name font is closer to the way they are done on the ice.

If you're good with ordering online, call the Flyers Skatezone in Voorhees, NJ. The jerseys they stock are customized by Philly Express, the same company who customizes the Flyers on ice jerseys. That way, you dont have to worry about the customization being off

Ok, thanks. I may do that.

EDIT - Ok, I called them. They didn't have one in stock, but I ordered it. About 3 weeks + shipping time. Should have it in a month. He stated that it would look exactly like the real deal with the font and what not.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by ShipWreck

Unfortunately, with shipping, it was $195....

Yeah that's a lot for a replica. I'd hope for that kind of money they're using this year's jerseys with the wordmark and not last year's with the vector.

He said it was this years jersey...

I'm done for jerseys now. I have one of those blacks ice Giroux jerseys and now this Jagr road jersey...

Edited by ShipWreck

Yeah that's nothing lol. I've got 9 hockey jerseys and that's not even a lot, there's guys on here with like 40 or more.

Well, I do have two cheaper reebok jerseys. A Luongo and a Giroux one. They were $79 ones that I got for around $30 at the end of last season from the NHL store.... They are thinner, but are still official.

And, a Giroux black ice jersey....

41u8yzggmlaa300.jpgp10893530p275w.jpg

But, this Jagr one will be the clsest to what the players wear.

I won't spend the $300 or more for the actual ones. Replicas are good enough for me...

I also have a Penguins and a Flyers baseball jersey (blank on the back) and 3 baseball team jerseys...

Edited by ShipWreck

SportsK will do a fine job on your jersey. Just explain EXACTLY what you want done - customization, fonts, materials, etc. They did a Penguins EDGE I own and it was customized very well.

But honestly, any customizer can suck if you aren't SPECIFIC with how you want your jersey customized. I mean, you are paying for it, right? So you should list everything you want done, how you want it done, etc. If you put a little research and prep work in, it can go a long way.

SportsK will do a fine job on your jersey. Just explain EXACTLY what you want done - customization, fonts, materials, etc. They did a Penguins EDGE I own and it was customized very well.

But honestly, any customizer can suck if you aren't SPECIFIC with how you want your jersey customized. I mean, you are paying for it, right? So you should list everything you want done, how you want it done, etc. If you put a little research and prep work in, it can go a long way.

Agreed, SportsK has always done a good job for me.

It's all a moot point though, any jersey with "JAGR" on it will suck balls no matter who does the customization.

Don't worry, There are more of us Flyers fans on here than anybody else... :thumbsup:

Just what we need. More Flyers fans (and rangers fans) facepalm.gif

Just kidding. Welcome aboard ShipwWreck (that would be an appropriate name for an Isles fan) :thumbsup:

Just what we need. More Flyers fans (and rangers fans) facepalm.gif

Just kidding. Welcome aboard ShipwWreck (that would be an appropriate name for an Isles fan) :thumbsup:

Haha, I knows... Its all good natured teasing :)

Not many flyers fans down here in Texas :)

I'm headed to the flyers carnival in Feb too. I'll probably wear my Jagr jersey when I get my pic with him taken :)

I'm headed to the flyers carnival in Feb too. I'll probably wear my Jagr jersey when I get my pic with him taken :)

Good call on the Skate Zone for the customization job. The do the on ice jerseys for the Flyers. You will be happy with it. Nice player choice as well. Post pics when it comes in. Welcome aboard!

Did you get orange or white?