Anti Indo-Edge Facebook Movement

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just say no to Majestic too because they'd whip out something like the CoolBase crap they're already churning out. I'd never felt a more flimsier material than EDGE until the first time I felt a CoolBase jersey. It's like a shammy cloth.

Just say no to Majestic too because they'd whip out something like the CoolBase crap they're already churning out. I'd never felt a more flimsier material than EDGE until the first time I felt a CoolBase jersey. It's like a shammy cloth.

While I agree it's flimsy, it is far more useful as a baseball material. I couldn't imagine trying to pitch on a 100 degree summer afternoon with the double knit uniforms.

That's a solid point. It does work for baseball because it's not a contact sport. I would just hate to see another example of it used for an NHL jersey.

The 7187 is the original EDGE 1.0 with the stretchy crap on it. The 2.0's are 7287 I believe(someone correct me if I'm wrong). Those aren't available at retail. The 2.0 is a player-only jersey so they only see the light of day inside the locker rooms. You can sometimes grab a leftover one from MeiGray or maybe pry one away from the team itself(VERY difficult) but other than that, we, as collectors, are stuck with the new ones. All the more reason for me to ditch the retail and go with game-worn.

So basically our options are:

A)Get an edge 1.0 that the players no longer wear but was once the same as the on ice product.

B)Get an indo-edge which looks like the 2.0s the players wear currently but is not the same as the on ice product.

C)Get a Premier replica.

D)Game worn 2.0.

So basically our options are:

A)Get an edge 1.0 that the players no longer wear but was once the same as the on ice product.

B)Get an indo-edge which looks like the 2.0s the players wear currently but is not the same as the on ice product.

C)Get a Premier replica.

D)Game worn 2.0.

E)Team issued blank 2.0

F)Hope a retailer sells your teams jersey in 2.0 someday.

Does anyone know what Adidas's hockey polyester knit is like in terms of build quality and design? I'm not sure how I'd feel if they were to take over jersey manufacturing with a poor-quality material. Though I guess it can't be much worse than what Reebok has been putting out for retail sale...

...And for player-use for that matter!

Im sure since Adidas and Reebok are apart of the same company, the quality would be the same (2 years ago those A'holes accused me of selling knockoffs and the company that sent me a letter which i laughed at was from "Adidas Group" so im assuming they are part of the same company).

Im sure since Adidas and Reebok are apart of the same company, the quality would be the same (2 years ago those A'holes accused me of selling knockoffs and the company that sent me a letter which i laughed at was from "Adidas Group" so im assuming they are part of the same company).

Correct. Adidas is the parent company of Reebok.

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to the black friday sale. Sadly all the reebok word mark sweaters were indo edge. The fight straps are so pathetic and flimsy. If this is all that will be available for retail from now on, it's team issue or GTFO for me. Sadly no players wear a 50 on ice for the sabres so my new sweater days are done.

• 3 weeks later...

So for shits and giggles I threw on an Indo last night at the Garden. I don't know if it's because I've lost a bunch of weight since the last time I tried on an EDGE jersey, but the 54 I threw on was HUGE. It didn't feel tapered at all like the 1.0's they were selling last season. There was a lot of room in it, it basically had the same cut as the replicas IMO.

Even more reason not to buy one. What's the point if they fit exactly like the replicas are basically feel the same material wise? Why would anyone pay an extra hundred bucks for a sorry excuse for a fight strap?

So for shits and giggles I threw on an Indo last night at the Garden. I don't know if it's because I've lost a bunch of weight since the last time I tried on an EDGE jersey, but the 54 I threw on was HUGE. It didn't feel tapered at all like the 1.0's they were selling last season. There was a lot of room in it, it basically had the same cut as the replicas IMO.

Even more reason not to buy one. What's the point if they fit exactly like the replicas are basically feel the same material wise? Why would anyone pay an extra hundred bucks for a sorry excuse for a fight strap?

Did you see my post about the Flyers one in the edge 2.0 thread? Im not a supporter of shipping the production overseas to Indonesia but the one i got for my little brother is really nice, almost feels like air knit and the fight strap is on twill and doesnt have one lose thread on the jersey. I swore when i opened it that it was a 2.0 I was very surprised. Not that my brother could tell the difference but im happy that its way nicer then described. And this is from me having it in my hand. The cut is the same as an edge cut and the material is def a lesser quality but i personally think its nicer then a 1.0 but not as nice as a 2.0.

Did you see my post about the Flyers one in the edge 2.0 thread? Im not a supporter of shipping the production overseas to Indonesia but the one i got for my little brother is really nice, almost feels like air knit and the fight strap is on twill and doesnt have one lose thread on the jersey. I swore when i opened it that it was a 2.0 I was very surprised. Not that my brother could tell the difference but im happy that its way nicer then described. And this is from me having it in my hand. The cut is the same as an edge cut and the material is def a lesser quality but i personally think its nicer then a 1.0 but not as nice as a 2.0.

I thought the same thing about it feeling kind of like air knit, but to me it didn't fit anything like the 1.0's, it was definitely bigger but like I said, that could just be because I'm not as fat as I was last year. It honestly fit just like a replica, and to me it's not worth the price difference just to have a fight strap when IMO the EDGE and premier jerseys fit pretty much identical. Hopefully next season we'll get 2.0's and it'll be a moot subject.

Im in Montreal for the weekend and was at the Habs/Devils game last night so I decided to check out the new Indo edge and see them for myself. The jersey itself to me felt like a replica with a fight strap, and the price tag, $300. Definitely wouldn't pay that much.

On another note, throughout the game they had Guy Carbonneau on the jumbo-tron doing some advertisements to prevent purchasing counterfeits and instead buy the real deal from the Habs store. Yet at the Habs store, they charge $139 for a blank replica and a $249 for a customized replica with stitching that looked like it had been done by a 2 year old. Its no wonder that half people just opt to buy a counterfeit

The jersey itself to me felt like a replica with a fight strap, and the price tag, $300. Definitely wouldn't pay that much.

I agree, they feel and fit almost identical to the replicas. I'm just gonna wait and see if MSG has another 60% off sale at the end of the season and buy two or three replica depending on who they have at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

when does the reebok expire ?....nike and majestic are the best ....american companies... :thumbsup: ....adidas-reebok, german british shiat....... :angry::noway:

i

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL (JERSEYS)? PREPARE TO GET ARSE PLOUGHED . . .

“If there is a jersey they want, they should buy it now. We have some inventory left,” Hogan said. “Whether from us or anybody else, they should do it now.”

Nike will raise prices when it introduces its lineup in April, Walters said.

The cheapest Nike jersey will be $100, up from $75. Authentic Jerseys will be $250, a $60 to $75 increase for Packers fans.

The price increase is not unprecedented. Walters said that 10 years ago Reebok spruced up the jerseys and raised the price from $45 to $60.

SOURCE: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111228/GPG0101/111228096&located=rss