Need help with 94-97 All Star Customization

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I think I finally put my finger on what was bugging me about my 97 LeClair, and I need some help. I think the font is correct, but a few things are putting me off:

-Is the backing of the numbers/name silver, or gray? In most pictures I see it looks almost dazzle, but the gray makes sense since it matches the jersey.

-What is the width of the gray outline of the letters? I think mine's a hair thin and it looks off.

-Are my letters the right height, or are they supposed to be more condensed?

The nameplate is not a concern, since I asked for it to make up for any blemishes. Thanks guys, I want this one to be perfect. Here's mine, and it's following by a Messier gamer.

HPIM2634.jpg

HPIM2635.jpg

HPIM2295.jpg

Messier:

img8831407.jpg

cowboys, I don't think LeClair had a little "e" in his name in the 1996 All Star Game.

If you fast forward that to 6:41, you can see when LeClair and Lindros are celebrating the goal that the "e" is the same size as the rest of the letters in his last name.

Johnny, the letters definitely look thin to me. Whether or not that's because they have a stretched look by being a little too tall, or whether its because the gray outline isn't thick enough, I'm not sure.

Yea he had the big E I believe. Cowboys, is your second layer gray or silver? Also could you tell me the measurements of your letters/borders if you can? I appreciate it man.

I also need an expert to decide if my letters are supposed to be condensed or if it's just the border. It's blowing my mind.

Will measure in the morning and post my signed jerseys are away so I will dig it out .

Thanks man I appreciate it.

I think Johnny wanted to know the measurements of the letters. On mine the silver layer is only 1/8" out from the white layer, and I'll bet his is the same since we both got them done at EPS. The numbers on the arms are 1/4" on mine, and the back numbers are almost 3/8", but I don't think the numbers are the problem.

Sorry, if you meant the letters were 1/4" too, then my bad.

Edited by LAK74

My Western was done by EPS as well and had the same issue, the silver layer just has to be done a little thicker.

Link to a gamer

Leclair All Star

Looks like mine just have to make the E large I have three blanks from 94 I will use my guy here as I see EPS has a problem with the lettering

here is my 97 Mario

jerseys227.jpg

jerseys226.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. So, is it a combination of the border needing to be thicker and the font being squished, or just the border? I can't tell.

We're not gonna know for sure until someone with a gamer actually measures each part of the letters. I think it's just the gray border needs to be expanded. If you compare the "R" in your LeClair to that of the Messier, the center hole and lower notch are much smaller on the gamer. Even if you condensed the white part of the "R" on the LeClair you would still have the larger hole and notch- it's the expanded gray border that makes the Messier look different.

Two things:

1) Is the back layer silver, or gray?

2) I'll take excruciating meausurements on the "E," Cowboys can you do the same? Or someone with an accurate one? Thanks guys this means a lot to me, sadly this is my grail lol.

LAK74 you're right, I agree, I just want to be sure and it's killing me because I'm insane.

LAK74 you're right, I agree, I just want to be sure and it's killing me because I'm insane.

LOL- So are we all!