Classic Auctions Fall 2011

slimcutta

I feel like I should know who Pierre Larouche is, aside from just his name. :unsure:

Slim I was at Classic last week doing some work for them, it really is a great auction coming up, some very solid stuff, one of my favorite peices is a photo matched 91-92 messier rangers, a first year pens , a great #31 Belfour littered with blood.

Going to be a good one

Well Larouche has a couple of claims to fame

-While playing junior hockey in Sorel he had a season for the ages scoring 94 goals and 157 assists in 64 games

-he was traded for Pete machavolich which was a big deal in montreal

-had a 100 point season in Pittsburgh and 50 goals with Montreal

- was ran out of Montreal for bein a crappy defensive player and only caring about scoring

I only remember him with the Ranger towards the end of his career think Danny healthy without the speed

He was talked a lot about in Ken Dryden's book the Game.

I'm excited for this auction, but I have another acquisition coming up (just need to get PAID) so looks like I won't be bidding. Would love me some international gamers.

Slim I was at Classic last week doing some work for them, it really is a great auction coming up, some very solid stuff, one of my favorite peices is a photo matched 91-92 messier rangers, a first year pens , a great #31 Be four littered with blood.

Going to be a good one

Well Larouche has a couple of claims to fame

-While playing junior hockey in Sorel he had a season for the ages scoring 94 goals and 157 assists in 64 games

-he was traded for Pete machavolich which was a big deal in montreal

-had a 100 point season in Pittsburgh and 50 goals with Montreal

- was ran out of Montreal for bein a crappy defensive player and only caring about scoring

I only remember him with the Ranger towards the end of his career thin Danny healthy without the speed

Yeah and Peter Mahovlich didn't do $hit for the Penguins.... while Larouche turned into a decent player with the Canadiens. Way to go Penguins management! :lol:

Well Scotty Bowman actually hated Larouche and was one of the catalysts to run him out of town, he did well when he got those pp minutes but was a disaster in his own end, i was way to young to even notice him. I really could only start to understand the game when i about 8 by then he was gone from Montreal.

It's funny people sometime talk about him as could have been hall of famer but just never had the commitment to become a 2 way player.

He was talked a lot about in Ken Dryden's book the Game.

I'm excited for this auction, but I have another acquisition coming up (just need to get PAID) so looks like I won't be bidding. Would love me some international gamers.

OOH, I read that... when I was 11 years old. :unsure: Needless to say, I've forgotten most of it and then I lent my copy to someone in high school and predictably never got it back. So it goes.

And now for a completely naive question from someone who knows nothing at all about the world of auctions; why would the families of Kharlamov and Dzurilla auction off these virtually priceless artifacts of their careers? If it was my father or grandfather's Olympic medals, Cup rings, etc, I'd keep them in the family, or possibly donate them to the HHOF, unless I was in incredibly dire financial straits.

You're probably right. That's an awesome Propp, and a ridiculously low price for a gamer, but even if I had known about it in August of 2009, I didn't have any money at that time to buy it with anyway... :glare: I still want an 84-87 Flyers jersey though.

From the pictures alone it is difficult to say the prop is good, but the federov and leech looked pretty solid. The lack of wear on the prop bothers me.

I bought a shirt from legendary once but it was a baseball shirt

BINGO. My guess is the family can use the $$. These guys died early on, and I doubt they made much money to begin with.

So, speaking of auctions, I just recently stumbled on to 'Legendary Auctions', and found some crazy gamers that went super cheap:

1983-84 CCM Road Mesh Propp, $474!!!

2001-02 Road Fedorov, $563

1991-92 Home Leetch, $563

Yikes!

That auction ended two years ago.

I have noticed from past auctions prices were more reasonable than they are today, at least in what I am interested in.

Wish I was collecting a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely, but cannot afford, at the prices those start at. :unsure: AND there's still 28 days to go...

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! i'll have to wipe the drool off the keyboard.

Ya ill take it..

From the winner, in the parking lot! :)

Good god it's even the orginial "Switched" jersey.

Thats PURE Hall-Of-Fame-In-My-House Type jersey.

So which one of you beat me out for the Orr Canada Cup? Slim, was it you? :D

Ha! I'm lucky if I can afford a youth sized replica these days...

I didn't get anything, but some of these went super cheap, especially this Belfour rc jersey, wow! -

http://www.classicau...id=63&lotid=528

http://www.classicau...id=63&lotid=793

http://www.classicau...id=63&lotid=801

http://www.classicau...id=63&lotid=806

88-89 Pens Cullen for only $484?!?

http://www.classicau...id=63&lotid=824

http://www.classicau...id=63&lotid=834

Well I think this auction reflected the economy with virtually every jersey except the messier, Lafleur, Yzerman, and a hand full of other jerseys going below recent market value, I had 4 shirts and I did super well except for my Tony twist jersey which I lost 500$ on but I more then made it up on the other 3.

Having seen all the jerseys up close and helped authenticate them I was surprised with the fact a few sold so low:

The Cullen was a beauty and had almost no flaking I think it a shame it sold for so little.

The Jimmy Waite is such a unique jersey I wonder no one went for it even for the simple novelty!

The gellinas and Carson were great jerseys with nice wear and also should have garnered more attention.

as for the muller it used to be a don lever and muller maybe wore it for a handful of games, a recycled jersey without a match so I am not surprised it sold low

The be four has a couple of problems one being that for a jersey with so much blood no one can find one match for it, the jersey is obviously good but at best this jersey was worn 5 times. People were maybe turned off by that personally I think it sold close to it's value considering how much it was worn.

The leeman was a solid jersey , hey and so was the twist I guess that the value now!

As for what I won.......nothing I was going hard for the Lafleur but it got out of hand , I am pissed because I had a photo match for it but I guess so did the guy who won it oh well