Fantasy league

flyhighguys94

I'd say we should probably shorten the rosters by a bit. Right now, as a league, we're going to draft 432 players. That's an insanely high amount. If people don't care we can do it, but most leagues I've played in have 2 or 3 of each forward position, 4 defenseman, 2 goalies as starting positions. Starting so many right now is just a lot. We'll actually be drafting fourth liners most likely. I don't care, just saying. Thats a lot of players.

I kind of agree, that's a lot of players. I've never been in a league with more than 8 or 12 teams, and even still, we draft a lot of players there too. Not nearly as many as this league is going to have us draft, but I do think the number of players is going to be a little insane.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rosters are going to have to be trimmed down. I don't want to sound like I want to run your league lol but just some suggestions on the settings, any positions that are at 3 slots should be reduced to 2, defense should be reduced to 4 and with 18 teams, goalie minimum starts should be at 2.

As for stats, can you please add faceoffs and save%. On that note, I'm really looking forword to playing, I haven't played in a big league like this before so it should be fun :).

The rosters are going to have to be trimmed down. I don't want to sound like I want to run your league lol but just some suggestions on the settings, any positions that are at 3 slots should be reduced to 2, defense should be reduced to 4 and with 18 teams, goalie minimum starts should be at 2.

As for stats, can you please add faceoffs and save%. On that note, I'm really looking forword to playing, I haven't played in a big league like this before so it should be fun :).

Absolutely, thats why there is so much time before the draft lol...so little things can get worked out. I reduced it some last night when i was looking over it again, so i will go back and work some things out. And you want faceoffs and save%...what should i set their values?

I joined up, my first one ever so I'm sure I'll mess up horribly lol. Should be fun can't wait!

My roommate would join if we need a player. He's an experienced poolie.

Were still 3 people short so if we cant get more people from this forum i think thats a great idea.

I am down with doing the free one, but I am also interested in doing a pay league as well.

Yo whats up man, i made the one everyone is joining a free league. I never win so i didnt want to pay haha, the draft is set for sunday night October 2nd at 9pm.

Is it too late to suggest some changes?

First, can we expand it to three forward lines?

Also some stat change suggestions

Remove SHA - somewhat useless stat....

Remove SOG - Jason Blake would be my first overall pick then......close second is Sergei Berezin.....

Add SH% - Reward more accurate players vs. players who shoot more....

I joined. I think I was the last one.

Ah very nice our league is full now.

And HockeyMusic i had 3 lines and someone did the math and we would be drafting an insane amount of people so i lowered it. You made an excellent point on the stat changes and i will fix them. Personally im fine with having a higher amount of players as i think it makes it more competitive, like whoever can get the right people to fill out those lines.

Im game with 3 offensive lines, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, 4 bench spots, and 1 IR

SH% as well as Save% isnt an option unfortunately. I did take away shorthanded assists and instead added powerplay goals, i missed that one :blink: I also changed some point values on the blocked shots and hits and the total shots on goal. I took away the utility spot and made it a solid 3 lines up front.

If anyone else wants some small things changed around let me know, mostly everything can be changed until the start of the season.

HockeyMusic... I'm surprised you're requesting 3 forward lines.

I mean, I'm fine with whatever, but I think that's going to end up pretty ridiculous, with people actually drafting 3rd liners.

This is going to be a 19 round draft, involving 342 players. I've never been in a league where many people want to draft that many players.

Like I said, I'm game for whatever, but I think that's silly to bother including 3rd line players like that.

I guess i set it at 20 teams lol, so we need one more person now which shouldnt be a problem.

And i feel with 20 teams we should only do 2 offensive lines..i dont think anyone feels like doing a draft for 4 hours.

I guess i set it at 20 teams lol, so we need one more person now which shouldnt be a problem.

And i feel with 20 teams we should only do 2 offensive lines..i dont think anyone feels like doing a draft for 4 hours.

Without a doubt.

20 teams x 19 players per team is 380 players. Does anyone seriously want to sit around for the last few rounds while people are drafting the Hagman's, Sobotka's, and Del Zotto's of the league?

Without a doubt.

20 teams x 19 players per team is 380 players. Does anyone seriously want to sit around for the last few rounds while people are drafting the Hagman's, Sobotka's, and Del Zotto's of the league?

Those last rounds are for Goons, Thugs, and Matt Cooke. Points for PIM ya know.