Who Makes Good/Affordable Custom Patches?

LouMarcon

I've hit a snag with the patch that is part of a custom replica jersey that I've ordered from a reputable vendor.

I won't bore you with the details, but as a fall back I asked for bids last night from four vendors that I randomly found via Google. The patch I need is 6-color, fully embroidered, 3.5 inches in size. I requested no backing on the patch, which I plan to have sewn directly onto the jersey. Needless to say, I need an exact reproduction or the jersey doesn't work.

Three vendors have already responded, but I know nothing about the quality of their work. One will do a minimum run of six at a $19.19 per-piece price that I can handle. Anyone who has dealt with any of these guys, I'd appreciate your opinion of their work, service and cost. And, if you've dealt with another vendor, I'd be interested in their names and your opinions.

The four that I requested quotes from are:

* Custom Patches

* Stadri Emblems

* Patch Superstore

* American Patch & Emblem

This link was posted in the patch thread - http://dorholtcustomsports.com/hockey.html

I think it was slimcutta who posted it, he vouches for them and the work on their website looks pretty good.

I had a good experience with Stadri. I had a batch of the following patch made through them for my 1984 Cubs jersey. This patch is quite simple so I cannot tell you about more complicated ones, but the people were very good about communicating and sent a photo of the "test" patch before you ok the final order.

This link was posted in the patch thread - http://dorholtcustom...com/hockey.html

I think it was slimcutta who posted it, he vouches for them and the work on their website looks pretty good.

I don't necessarily "vouch" for them...I've had them make me a patch in the past that turned out pretty good

I've also seen them replicate a whalers patch -

2729069300105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

and while the workmanship is ok, the patch doesn't really follow the dimensions of an original -

2823659410105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

Dorholt seems to do good work, and they're really great to deal with, but no matter who you get to do the work, I would suggest you provide them with as many pics and details as possible, of an authentic patch, so that they can replicate it as accurately as possible.

• 3 months later...

I went with Dornholt and I'm satsified with the end result. As you said Slim, they were easy to work with but the end result was a little smaller than what I asked for. But overall, a quality reproduction. The patch is 90-95% accurate. I will do business with Dornholt again.

Olypatch.jpg

Take a look at my post on the International Hockey Forum (My Latest Holy Grail: ... ):

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4350

And, thanks for the Dornholt tip Dropkick.

Edited by LouMarcon

Anyone feel like going in together on an order to get some All Star USA Flag patches made?