New Winnepeg jersey?

OR68

Guess they didn't have one big enough for Byfuglien!

Sorry I couldn't resist the fat joke.

Also, they look fine. For all those who are up in arms, please do not stop. Its just really funny hearing all the outcries of "OMG THIS IS TOO BLAND" In the end these things are going to sell and your life is going to move on.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the away jersey. The home is kind of monotone, but I think the contrast of the two shades of blue and silver on white is great. Good font selection too, modern and fitting with the air force theme.

I agree completely. I really like the road jerseys.

If Columbus hadn't come out with their recent 3rd, no one would even think they new Jets jerseys looked anything like the Blue Jackets.

0906-wpg2011h.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1315330136172

0906-wpg2011r.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1315330156061

I was hoping for more. I guess I wanted a little old school Jets incorporated with the new jersey. I was excited because I was going to buy one, looks like I'll wait till they come out with a 3rd jersey, and wear my old school Selanne when they come to the Xcel center.

I think making the area where the NHL shield is on red and adding red piping down the sleeve of the away would have made the jerseys look much nicer. It is an average jersey, nothing special, not bad, not great. I like the font though...not as good as Atlanta's but at least it isnt boring

I don't like the overall look of the Reebok jerseys to begin with, which is why I've never bought one... Well, that and because I'm a huge hockey traditionalist in all respects. But having said that, the away one is okay, but the stripes on the home one look absolutely terrible. I have no idea what they were thinking. Hopefully this is just a temporary design and they come up with something better in a couple years.

Edited by coure_azzurro

The fakes looked amazing (other than the fact that they were fake.

Here's the jerseys rendered.

WinnipegJetsJerseys.png

Here they are with red instead of blue.

WinnipegJetsJerseys2.png

Here's a simplified version (that I didnt finish d'oh)

WinnipegJetsJerseys3.png

See, now I could go with the two in the middle, even with that crest. Replace the crest with either the secondary logo or the wordmark they're using on the pants, and I'd probably buy one of those. I do think that red needs to be a little darker to match the color of the leaf, but you're definitely onto something and I'd love to see those middle two on the ice.

That's why I'm a fan of what Nashville did this year. It's loud, it's obnoxious and it's UNIQUE.

Agreed, I love the Nashville jerseys, especially the home. If I had money to spend on a jersey I'd never be able to wear, that'd be the one I buy. That and an eggplant Mighty Ducks jersey, which I may still buy one day because those are by far my favorite non-Rangers jersey ever.

That second shade of blue bothers me. Home jersey just looks like a Florida/CBJ alternate rip-off.

Jersey is bland and unimaginative. It looks like some house or beer league team's jersey. The people who are running this team is off to a bad start. They didn't want the team to be named the Jets, but they caved due to public pressure. Now this. They should have started a contest and let people submit their jersey design ideas. I'm sure there would have been many submissions better than what the designers came up with.

Jersey is bland and unimaginative. It looks like some house or beer league team's jersey. The people who are running this team is off to a bad start. They didn't want the team to be named the Jets, but they caved due to public pressure. Now this. They should have started a contest and let people submit their jersey design ideas. I'm sure there would have been many submissions better than what the designers came up with.

You are spot on.

It's not normal that guys on Icethetics came up with better designs, it's just bland and don't get me wrong I don't think it is terrible, I just think it is like very other jersey out there , the baby blue is distracting and I believe the circular logo is very ordinary all in al MEH

I like them more and more each time I look at them. I think they took the Jets name and ran with it in the right direction.

The lighter blue color (doesn't look baby blue to me) seems to match the lighter blue in the Royal Canadian Air Force badge:

Canada_air_force_command_badge.png

As for the round logo, it also seems based on one used by the Royal Canadian Air Force:

300px-RCAF-Roundel.svg.png

Personally I think it's cool they took a concept and stuck with it.

Reebok on the front? "A" on the right side??

I think these look pretty sweet.. regardless!

FroMoJets_slide.jpg

Those are actually the teams practice jerseys that they added shoulder patches to and used in the rookie tournament. The real game jerseys wont have "reebok" on the front.