New Winnepeg jersey?

OR68

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris from Icethetics reported that TNS and Reebok both shot those designs down and said they look nothing like it. Personally, I wouldn't mind those jerseys. But as you said, they are fakes. As Brandon said, they have been available for weeks.

I'm ITCHING to see these new Jets jerseys. Is there any official word on when they're being released?

Probably September, authentics go on sale in October, replicas in November

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's not really close to the first pre-season game on Sept. 20th before the design is released.

Does anyone else find it amusing how all these people complain about the RCMP doing their part to stop the fake jersey shipments? I like to think that the people complaining that it's SO UNFAIR that fake jerseys were seized are the ones who won't be getting their counterfeit goods on their doorsteps. I just find it funny that people think the NHL/Reebok/teams have no right to try to crackdown on this debacle.

Good for them. Keep up the good work, you Dudley-Do-Rights!

Yeah exactly. At least the (jersey) boarder patrol is doing their job! :lol:

I have to agree with above, that the Jets jerseys won't be unveiled until the first preseason game. It sucks, but I'd rather wait than see tons of fakes floating around. Kind of unlike the 2012 WC jerseys, where there are Flyers fakes on ebay, but we don't even know the real jersey design yet.

The Jets officially suck, Reebok officially sucks. Nothing more than another boring blue jersey like the rest of the league. They had a chance to do something unique and instead they basically conform to Reebok's image of the NHL....boring and dull.

The Jets officially suck, Reebok officially sucks. Nothing more than another boring blue jersey like the rest of the league. They had a chance to do something unique and instead they basically conform to Reebok's image of the NHL....boring and dull.

What were you hoping for? I think they look really nice.

What were you hoping for? I think they look really nice.

I was hoping for something more creative than another blue jersey that the league doesn't need. I was always a fan of the original franchise's jerseys in the 90's up until they moved, I wanted to see something with a little more red than just the leaf. Two shades of blue on one jersey, with a white road version is not something hockey needs. There's too many uninspired jerseys floating around now, and this just adds to it with the lack of creativity, especially with that crest. I honestly would've given them a pass if they used just gone with either the alternate logo as the primary, or the "JETS" wordmark, but that crest really kills them for me with those colors.

I guess I'm also kind of annoyed that True North insisted the jerseys would look nothing like the fakes we've seen, and then they come out with something that side from a couple of minor differences is basically identical to the knockoffs.

Just as back in 2007, every team has carte blanche to do pretty much whatever they want as far as colors, logo, wordmark, and jersey design. What you see on the ice today isn't a result of Reebok creating things and saying "Take it or leave it", it's a result of what a co-worker refers to as "death by focus group". Teams are afraid of taking a stand and doing something unique because they're afraid of backlash from fans or the rest of the league (or, if you're an expansion team from the last 20 years not located in Minnesota or Ottawa, the Canadian media as well). The end result is that, rather than having a strong look and image that people either love or hate, they want some bland neutral ground that would score somewhere between a 4 and 6 on a 10-point scale if 10,000 people were surveyed.

It's like looking at an enormous menu that covers every type of cuisine and drink in the world, and instead settling for boiled cabbage and a Diet Coke. In the 1980s, no teams really cared about the look as long as it was somewhat consistent. In the mid-1990s, teams cared about whether or not it would sell. Since 2000, teams care about whether or not it offends.

I really like the away jersey. The home is kind of monotone, but I think the contrast of the two shades of blue and silver on white is great. Good font selection too, modern and fitting with the air force theme.

Just as back in 2007, every team has carte blanche to do pretty much whatever they want as far as colors, logo, wordmark, and jersey design. What you see on the ice today isn't a result of Reebok creating things and saying "Take it or leave it", it's a result of what a co-worker refers to as "death by focus group". Teams are afraid of taking a stand and doing something unique because they're afraid of backlash from fans or the rest of the league (or, if you're an expansion team from the last 20 years not located in Minnesota or Ottawa, the Canadian media as well). The end result is that, rather than having a strong look and image that people either love or hate, they want some bland neutral ground that would score somewhere between a 4 and 6 on a 10-point scale if 10,000 people were surveyed.

It's like looking at an enormous menu that covers every type of cuisine and drink in the world, and instead settling for boiled cabbage and a Diet Coke. In the 1980s, no teams really cared about the look as long as it was somewhat consistent. In the mid-1990s, teams cared about whether or not it would sell. Since 2000, teams care about whether or not it offends.

Unfortunately, that sounds about right. Just once I'd like to design a jersey for a new (or relocated team) - I can't claim it'll be good, but at least it'll be DIFFERENT. I don't care if a jersey is hideous, as long as it's DIFFERENT. You could throw a lugie-diarrhea colored jersey on the ice and I'd buy one just because it's different.