Team or Player Collection?

Big A HG

Team or Individual Player Collection  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer individual player collections or team collections?

• I collect only specific player(s), don't care what team
    • I collect only specific player(s) from a specific team(s)
    • I collect only a specific team or couple of teams, doesn't matter what player
    • I'm undecided!

I have a 4 different Nike-era Sioux jerseys I need customizing, the style worn by Jonathan Toews. I have one white, one green, and two black authentics.

Should I get a Toews in each color and spare the second black for someone else? Or, should I get a different player on each jersey with guys like: Zach Parise, Travis Zajac, TJ Oshie, Ryan Duncan (Hobey Baker winner), Drew Stafford, etc.?

Also, does anyone know if EPS has the ability to embroider logos onto jerseys? Game-used Nike Sioux jerseys had the WCHA (conference) logo embroidered on the right shoulder, but the retail authentics did not have the WCHA logo embroidered on them. To make them as authentic as possible, I would like to have that completed as well. I plan on sending them to EPS for player customization, and was hoping to kill two birds with one stone with the WCHA logos as well.

:)

I would go with the different players. If Toews was your last name then it would be different. The variety of jerseys seems like a better collection and would show the range of your collection.

Player collections. That's my game anyway. Toews is so good I don't think you can have enough of his jerseys.

That's what has me undecisive. A) You can never have too many Toews jerseys, and one day I want one of each of his jerseys, so I'd need to find more blanks in the future and have them customized as well; B) Having a variety of players is also fun and gives you options if you are bored w/ Toews for a day. :)

With my Isles, I am starting to branch out to do a team based thing. However, I still have 2 Tavares jerseys and will have a third and fourth this season. However, I like variety. I also plan on adding a Witt and MacDonald in at some point to the already large collection of players. Its totally your call. I highly recommend getting a Brock Nelson at some point :thumbsup: .

But if you go with all Toews, you should definitely add in a Blackhawks SCF, a WC, and an Olympics jersey

I go with player collection.....I'm focused around Lindros and Roy, my faves....

of course I branched out to some of the past and current greats....

Also Leafs jerseys and since I'm a goalie, goalie jerseys......

Seems like you are pretty high on the UND Sioux. I'd go with a team collection. But if your favorite player played at UND, then go with the team AND the player. That's what I would likely go with.

But for me, I'm more about collecting teams. I have a few players who I like that I will get jerseys of, but I am more into themes for my collection, as in a Penguins part, etc. But since it's your collection, it's totally up to you! To each his own collection. :thumbsup:

I'm going through a similar ordeal, I kind of want one of every Giroux jersey, but I feel like I'm limiting myself and my collection. I have 4 different Phantoms' and he wore all of them, but it seems excessive. So weird, I was literally thinking about this last night...

I'm also doing the same thing with Adam Graves jerseys. I have a 94 SCF white and a white Pro Player. On top of that, I'm soon going to have a Blue and White Starter Liberty, and a blue Pro Player of him as well. Too much? X_X

Can you edit the thread to include a poll? I am interested to see the results. IMO, this is a good dilema to have (not knowing who to put on which jersey!).

Yea, do a poll. Because I'm worried about getting excessive...Phantoms and original Flyers Edge unis alone I'm looking at 9 Girouxs...that seems like a lot haha. This is ignoring the new sets, all star, Gatineau, international...UGH!

I'm kind of in the midst of doing both.... I mainly collect Hawks jerseys but have several (including other teams) of my favorites like Roenick and Savard. Toews is awesome, I'm looking to start expanding that area as well.

Yea, do a poll. Because I'm worried about getting excessive...Phantoms and original Flyers Edge unis alone I'm looking at 9 Girouxs...that seems like a lot haha. This is ignoring the new sets, all star, Gatineau, international...UGH!

Only 9? Pick it up Johnny!

Only 9? Pick it up Johnny!

Ugh I know man, I'm slacking. What are you at with Cody? Also...you need to tell me why Cody, because he's kind of random and I'm sure they're a great reason behind it.

My collection theme is current and former players in the Penguins organization, so I not only collect Penguins organization jerseys, I'll also get other teams if a player I like moves on (I have a Colby Armstrong Maple Leafs jersey, for example). So I don't really have a team or player based collection, but if I had to pick, it's closer to team based.

Poll has been added!

Toews will go down as the best player in UND history, and it was a pleasure seeing him play before he was a household name. Now that he is a superstar, having a Toews North Dakota collection would be awesome and unique. Once I am comfortable with where my North Dakota collection is, I want to have a Toews collection, so getting his Sioux jerseys out of the way would be a good start.

However, my main focus when I started collecting was a diversified collection of as many different styles of North Dakota jerseys as I can acquire and Toews isn't the only great player to play for the Sioux. I think I'm leaning in the direction of different players, and if I happen to come across any blank authentics in the future, they will become Toews jerseys.

I don't fit under any of those because I try to collect Patrick Kane and Blackhawks jerseys, but I would never limit my collection to the two.

I don't fit under any of those because I try to collect Patrick Kane and Blackhawks jerseys, but I would never limit my collection to the two.

Mine's not limited either, I think the poll is asking which you lean to, going for certain players or just teams in general.

Edit - maybe not, that's what I thought originally. Hmm yea those are pretty specific.

For your favorite team:

-Do you get a collection of the franchise player/best/your favorite player

-Diversify and get different players

-Mix

I collect Rangers jerseys and non-Rangers jersey of Rangers players.

As for a single player, I attempted to get all of the styles of jerseys Mike Richter wore, I currently have 8 Richter jerseys with another 6 or 7 I still need to get done.

I've also tried to get at least on jersey of every current NHL team customized as a Rangers player. Which allows some diversity.

The only exception so far to my "Rangers-only" rule is a AHL Iowa Stars jersey I'm going to have done of Joel Lundqvist, Henrik Lundqvist's twin brother.

Here's me extensive pecking order:

-Current Flyers, favorite players, on Flyers (EX: Giroux, Briere, etc.)

-Current Flyers, favorite players, minors, international or all star (EX: Olympiques Giroux)

-Ex-Flyers or retired, favorite players on the Flyers or something concurrent with tenure (all-star, Olympics, etc.) (EX: Richards, LeClair)

-Ex-Flyers or retired, favorite players on anything (EX: Canadiens LeClair)

-Favorite players on anything (EX: Selanne, Linden, Palffy, Ozolinsh, etc.)

-B-List Flyers, as in not my favorites, on Flyers (EX: Pronger, Bryzgalov although he might move up)

-B-List Flyers on anything else (EX: Coyotes alternate Bryz)

-Any team, except the following who are lesser in ascending order of offense (starting with most likely to buy):

----Any team we played in the playoffs the past year (EX: Bruins)

---Any team that beat us in the playoffs the past year (EX: Bruins lol)

---Blackhawks or Red Wings, essentially any team that beat us in the Stanley Cup that I remember

---Devils and Rangers

I should have worded it better. I meant it as what do you lean towards. I have a few other authentics, but 40 of my 43 jerseys are Sioux jerseys.

I was inspired by Shenanigans' Hodgson collection, but due to financial restraints, I have been unable to start a player collection. I am thinking about doing a Calvin de Haan, Nino Niederreiter, or a Ryan Strome collection. I have 2010 and 2011 Draft jerseys (could have bought 09 w/velcro as well, but wasn't worth it IMO b/c Tavares' name was sewn on, not velcro'd). If I find a deal on a Niagara Ice Dogs, Gens, or Winter Hawks jersey, I will start it.

I collect customized:

-Islanders jerseys (most of my customized jerseys are Isles). I tend to diversify...I only have multiple Tavares, DiPietros (I thought I'd be safe with DP :glare:), Palffys, and Berards.

-Deals (i.e. when Hockeygiant was clearancing out the Sundins, Hejduk, Naslunds, MGG blank that I got Sakic'd)

I was inspired by Shenanigans' Hodgson collection, but due to financial restraints, I have been unable to start a player collection. I am thinking about doing a Calvin de Haan, Nino Niederreiter, or a Ryan Strome collection. I have 2010 and 2011 Draft jerseys (could have bought 09 w/velcro as well, but wasn't worth it IMO b/c Tavares' name was sewn on, not velcro'd). If I find a deal on a Niagara Ice Dogs, Gens, or Winter Hawks jersey, I will start it.

I collect customized:

-Islanders jerseys (most of my customized jerseys are Isles). I tend to diversify...I only have multiple Tavares, DiPietros (I thought I'd be safe with DP :glare:), Palffys, and Berards.

-Deals (i.e. when Hockeygiant was clearancing out the Sundins, Hejduk, Naslunds, MGG blank that I got Sakic'd)

My work here is done. Don't forget their equipment either, gotta stock up on that!