What counts as a rookie season?

AngeloS76

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeppers, but in a wave jersey.

njuK.jpg

Are you sure that's regular season? I see a few empty seats in the background, maybe it's pre-sea....oh, wait, Islanders...nevermind.

Are you sure that's regular season? I see a few empty seats in the background, maybe it's pre-sea....oh, wait, Islanders...nevermind.

Zinger!

I actually think you are correct about preseason: http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=26791.

Personally, I don't count pre-season or training camp jerseys as the players "rookie jersey".

For me it is the first jersey they wore in the first regular season or playoff NHL game.

To each his own I guess. If I saw a Luongo 40 on a wave jersey I wouldn't consider it a foul considering Luongo himself wore it. It would be one of the rarest jerseys around (whoever owns it would probably be one of the only ones, if not the only one) which would be cool. If anyone ever questioned it, could always tell them that he did in fact wear that era jersey with that number during the 1998-99 preseason and pass on the knowledge.

IMO those rare numbers/jerseys that players barely wore are much cooler to own than, say, a Luongo 1 with the Panthers or a Luongo 1 with the Canucks.

Matt, if I ever find a blue wave like that, I was seriously going with Luongo (or Jonsson, or whoever I am in the mood for that day lol). I was thinking that would be a pretty sweet jersey as well.

If Boston wins I'd probably make my white one into a Chara and sell it. :thumbsup:

You can do that or make it a JONSSON! There aren't enough Kennys around.

Since I was away and couldn't post pictures I gotta go back to the multiple numbers and rookie question.

Josh Green (not a star but in my Kings collection) played 27 games in his first year for the Kings thus officially making it his rookie year.

For some reason his number changed from 47 to 21 both being used in the regular season as shown on Hockey Reference.

So which is his rookie jersey or do both count? I can't figure out which he wore last or which he played most of his games in. I ask since I own a gamer with each number.

I bought the 21 (my first Kings gamer and since my last name is Green it was really kinda cool) and then found the 47 so had to have it as well. Never really even wondered about the rookie jersey issue until I read this thread.

GreenJersey21.jpg

greenjersey47.jpg

Greenjerseyboth.jpg

Yup, verified Edge 1.0 in white, I believe against Montreal. I am like on of those indy band types, shows I was a fan before he sold out with his regular number and a multi-million dollar contract ;)

Ottawa :stickhndl: I dont think Iv ever seen a rookie Giroux. That will be sweet!

Thanks! I saw that...I don't think I can offer any where near what he wants for it. I am also looking for one when he wore the number 29

Yup, verified Edge 1.0 in white, I believe against Montreal. I am like on of those indy band types, shows I was a fan before he sold out with his regular number and a multi-million dollar contract ;)

He just divided 56 by 2. That should be a very cool jersey when you get it done. According to the 07-08 Meigray population report, his #56 debut jersey was definately a 1.0. Can't wait to see that completed.

Looks like they put the nameplate up too high on the Giroux and the Briere in that link above. The nameplate is actually placed over the arched seam on the rear of the jersey. Not bad though just looks like everthing in the rear should be moved down a 1/2 inch to 3/4 of an inch. Typical problem when EPS customizes Flyers jerseys. The best thing to do is order the name and number kit from EPS and have someone sewn it on right.

Yep even the Carter jersey has the nameplate and numbers too high. The top of the nameplate is almost touching the black stripe.

My link

He wore it in preseason, right?

Side note: I would have loved to have Gudbranson on the Isles. It is a shame the Panthers and Gudbranson could not work out a contract. Though, I am extremely pleased with Nino Niederreiter. Also, no one gave me an answer on the Nino! Is it alright (not a foul and awesome) to get Nino on one of my royal blanks from MGG?

Had this done a few months ago, just after he got sent down.

Too early???

Not really since that was the only number he wore. If he does change his number, you will probably have something not many people would probably have. :thumbsup: