New Meigray Grab Bag

orangecrush8

Not something I will be entering, but thought I would give a heads up to everyone.

$500 entry fee

Crosby Grab Bag

IM IN!

Should I? Especially seeing my recent luck with their grab bags.......should I?

With your luck in the previous grab bags you should definently get in on this.

Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to grab bag, I tends to stay away.

Another collector put it perfectly on gameworn.net before: Why don't you spend $500 on a jersey that you REALLY want, rather than something that might end up virtually worth even less than half of what you paid for?

Plus, grab bag basically is disadvantage to Canadian. When it is all said and done, $500 + $40 shipping, + 13% tax = probably $600+...

Nothing against Barry or Meigray. They are the best when it comes to gamers, and I still ###### that they didn't get the Leafs agreement this year.

It is simply a way to get rid of some old stock jerseys that are literally unsellable...

I can't resist. I like lots of the gamers in that bunch.

The $40 is way over priced and yes it is a way too "get rid of some old stock jerseys that are literally unsellable."

I just feel lucky today :)

To all my fellow Canadians, the e-mail stated UPS shipping to Canada. Be prepared to pay a hefty fee when the UPS guy shows up at your door.

they will claim it at a $500 dollar value at least.

not good. :(

Hmmmmmm. Didn't know that.

I have bought at least half a dozen time from meigray, EACH TIME UPS EXPEDITED, and one package is $2000+. All I paid is 13% of what the declared value.

I was worried as everyone else when I heard "UPS", but Barry assured me "IF" UPS charges brokerage fee, give him a shout and he will take care of it.

So far so good for me. :thumbsup:

Don't worry about me. I don't have the dough for it. There isn't too much in there that I'd be interested in anyway. I'd just end up turning the Crosby around for a profit.

I have bought at least half a dozen time from meigray, EACH TIME UPS EXPEDITED, and one package is $2000+. All I paid is 13% of what the declared value.

I was worried as everyone else when I heard "UPS", but Barry assured me "IF" UPS charges brokerage fee, give him a shout and he will take care of it.

So far so good for me. :thumbsup:

Good to know. Thanks bud.

This grab bag makes me want to be a fat cat lawyer so I could drop $10K to make sure I get the Crosby, then videotape me burning it. Or even worse, I'll strip it and turn it into a LeClair. Actually that second one sounds awesome...

This grab bag makes me want to be a fat cat lawyer so I could drop $10K to make sure I get the Crosby, then videotape me burning it. Or even worse, I'll strip it and turn it into a LeClair. Actually that second one sounds awesome...

Really? To a gamer?

Sounds good to me. Should I drop 10k on it too so we have a 2 in 5 chance of winning or do we go splits? If we go splits, we would compromise on turning it into a Palffy.

We can't let XCDude hear us though :fight:

Sounds good to me. Should I drop 10k on it too so we have a 2 in 5 chance of winning or do we go splits? If we go splits, we would compromise on turning it into a Palffy.

You two are bad. :fight:

######. I'd easily pay $1k for the Marc Denis CBJ inaugural. Shame they didn't have it up on the site for sale prior to this!

If anyone wins it, PM me. Not sure I really want to enter myself...yet!

Haha my math was awful, I thought they were $100. How about this, I'll just drop $50K, and hopefully we get a white Penguins so we can split them up, make those beautiful home/away jerseys, and you can have Palffy and I'll have LeClair! That'd be classy.