Blackhawks Collector - New to this Forum

blackhawks27

I've been a fan of this Board for quite some time and thought I'd finally take the time to sign up. I've been collecting jerseys since 81/82. I love game worns and am a member of the gameworn.net forum, but like yourselves I am an avid collector of authentic pro jerseys as well.

My collection is posted on Webshots ...

<http://community.webshots.com/user/blackhawks27>

Would love to hear from fellow Blackhawks fans and jersey collectors.

I've been a fan of this Board for quite some time and thought I'd finally take the time to sign up. I've been collecting jerseys since 81/82. I love game worns and am a member of the gameworn.net forum, but like yourselves I am an avid collector of authentic pro jerseys as well.

My collection is posted on Webshots ...

<http://community.webshots.com/user/blackhawks27>

Would love to hear from fellow Blackhawks fans and jersey collectors.

Nice and Welcome!

I've been looking for 52 Hawks blanks for a while now. You wouldn't be interested in selling your blanks, would you? I'd be your best friend, lol.

welcome!

You have some great Hawks jerseys in there. Love the reverse tomahawk and gunzo jerseys.

If you're ever interested in selling that blank white ultrafil, I'm more than willing to take it off your hands. I've been looking for one forever!!

Welcome! From one Hawks collector (have I mentioned their 8 game winning streak!!??) to another, glad that you are here! There are way too many Flyers fans on the boards...

My "Holy Grail" is a 1958 Hawks with the tomahawks below the numbers on the sleeves. I love your collection. Used to live a couple blocks from Gunzos and still think of all the jerseys I could have had ...

What's your address and at what times are no one home? :ninja:

What's your address and at what times are no one home? :ninja:

The Rottweilers in the yard have all that info waiting for you.

Wow man! WELCOME.

Talk about Zero to Hero in your first post! not that you where a zero before hand or anything.

Best Intro Collection post ever!

lots of new Hawks fans here lately, welcome! and very nice collection :stickhndl:

You are my new hero!

If it's OK I'd like to look to you for a little help seeing as how you seem like an expert, I have a Red Hawks Ultrafil with - as you look at it - the CCM / NHL embroidered the right tail and the Gunzo's with the goalie screened on the left, would you know what season they wore something like that?

It had #'s on it but they were stripped off(looks like it was 13 or 18 from what's left)

I've had dreams of making it a Larmer but want it to be period correct, S.Larmer or just plain ol' Larmer.

Thanks for sharing your collection and welcome.

You are my new hero!

If it's OK I'd like to look to you for a little help seeing as how you seem like an expert, I have a Red Hawks Ultrafil with - as you look at it - the CCM / NHL embroidered the right tail and the Gunzo's with the goalie screened on the left, would you know what season they wore something like that?

It had #'s on it but they were stripped off(looks like it was 13 or 18 from what's left)

I've had dreams of making it a Larmer but want it to be period correct, S.Larmer or just plain ol' Larmer.

Thanks for sharing your collection and welcome.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2610

http://www.gameworn.net/project/blackhawks.html

Read about halfway down the page.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001134

Looks like in 85-86 the goalieman/gunzo was embroidered and in 86-87 it was screened. But you say it also has the NHL logo embroidered? That's odd. I didn't think the NHL logo was on the tail until 89-90. Maybe it was an authentic simply sold by Gunzo's?

I appreciate the suggestions and I have been through the "Tags n Tails" guide (shoulda mentioned that) but I have not seen anywhere where the Gunzo's with the goalie man was on the same jersey as the NHL / CCM.

I have not seen what MDWSTA listed before, thanks, and yeah, I was thinking it might have just been one sold by Gunzo's.

Oh well, still one of my favorites.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the kind words folks.

There are alot of really sharp jerseys that I've seen on here as well ...

- J. Towes Blackhawks white Edge 2.0 with SCF patch (WOW!)

- R. Kesler Canucks 40th Anniversary Gamer (Awesome! ... even from a Hawks fan)

Thanks to those that have sent me notes. Please be patient as I have a pretty busy schedule.

A follow up to the previous Blackhawks jersey inquiry ...

Gunzo stopped providing jerseys to the Hawks with set 2 of the 87/88 season. The Gunzo's on the tail never appeared with the CCM & NHL Shield logo. As mentioned earlier this must have been an authentic sold thru their store likely 91/92 timeframe.

Gotta run.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my collection.

I tried to post a reply last night but haven't seen it show up. I'm obviously a rookie to this board.

I've seen a bunch of nice jerseys on this board so kudos to you folks as well. Tip of the cap to owners of ...

- Jonathon Toews White Blackhawks Edge 2.0 conversion with SCF Patch

- Ryan Kesler 40th Anniversary Canucks gamer (nice jersey! even from a Blackhawks collector)

I'm a collector just like you guys. My Blackhawks gamers and a large majority of my Blackhawks authentics stay as part of my collection. When I get a chance I'll try to post some pics on my Webshots page of other blank authentics that I have. Always fun to talk jerseys and I'm always in the market for other jerseys as well. To the folks that passed along inquiries ... thank you. Please be patient in my getting back to you as I have a pretty busy schedule.

Following up on the previous Blackhawks jersey question, the Blackhawks never wore a jersey with Gunzo's and the CCM w/NHL Shield logo on the tail of their jersey. As mentioned earlier, this must have been an authentic sold from the Gunzo's store in the early 90's after they were no longer had the contract to supply the Hawks jerseys. Last Gunzo's set was the Set 2 "Playoff" set from the 87/88 season.

What I'm in the market for ...

- Blackhawks Edge 2.0 jerseys blank White or Red, sz 56, 58, 58+ or 58G

- Blackhawks Gunzo's era authentics, Secord, Larmer, D. Wilson

- Blackhawks Antti Niemi gamer (Will have to wait for Blackhawks Convention and possibly beyond for that)

- Blackhawks Corey Crawford gamer or team issue (Should have taken advantage of those before the season started)

- Canucks 40th Anniversary Edge 2.0 or gamer (I know the team has a few, ahhh but no funds)

- Kings Vintage purple jersey gamer worn this year with NNOB (Again, I know the team has a few)

Gotta run.

Yeah and I'd totally be interested in the Richter Pro Player if you ever wanted to sell that one ^_^

Not looking to move my White Pro Player Richter. Would consider offers for the Blue one but looking for top dollar. Pls send me a PM.

Awesome Bannerman jerseys! Seriously feeling a bit of jealousy! Just out of curiosity, did you get the Panger mask at Gunzo's? I remember that mask sitting behind the front counter when I would go there as a kid (early 90s). I remember being so stoked to see hold an actual pro goalie mask. Good times. Go Hawks.

Edited by MrZero29

Awesome Bannerman jerseys! Seriously feeling a bit of jealousy! Just out of curiosity, did you get the Panger mask at Gunzo's? I remember that mask sitting behind the front counter when I would go there as a kid (early 90s). I remember being so stoked to see hold an actual pro goalie mask. Good times. Go Hawks.

I ordered my mask directly thru Eddy Mask. The design was mine with some obvious inspiration from Pangers Harrison mask worn during the later part of the 87/88 season and playoffs. I preferred the tan headdress version much more so than the red team color aligned version in which Pang had it changed to at the start of the 88/89 season. I'm thinking the version you saw behind the counter at Gunzo's was a "replica" version of Pang's red headdress mask made by VanVeldon. I tried that mask on myself. Cool but nothing compared to a custom made Greg Harrison mask.

2378403770106169334NdQwdM_th.jpg

2024732080106169334xwaLbb_th.jpg