Ebay 2.0

JeffB

:blush:

LOVE a long essay on his shipping but forgets to put a size in description!

:thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

:rolleyes: FYI.. he emailed me back saying it's a sz 50, figures, another mini jersey! :o

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That link doesn't work. Did you use the wrong number maybe? It says the auction doesn't exist or has been removed.

:rolleyes: FYI.. he emailed me back saying it's a sz 50, figures, another mini jersey! :o

Talk about mini jersey - did you see that the 1964 Mikita jersey I linked above is a size 40??!! I've met him, and he is a little guy, but I was stunned to see it was that small.

You can't always go on the size when it comes to those old ones though. In the older days, the jerseys were cut differently AND the equipment was much smaller. I've seen PLENTY of old dureen and wool game-worns out there that are size 44, 42 and even 40.

So, this morning I decided I would go through a bunch of old jersey related messages in my email, and clear out anything I don't need. Going back to May 28th of 2009, I found a message and discovered who ebay member boy_can_he_dangle is (he's been selling a lot of jersey kits recently)

Member id boy_can_he_dangle ( Feedback Score Of 420iconTealStar_25x25.gif)

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/boy_can_he_dangle/m.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_trksid=p3911.c0.m283&_rdc=1

Long story short, back in '09 he had opened an ebay account (I don't remember the username), and was selling a bunch of nice authentics. I purchased a KOHO Sens Spezza rookie jersey from him. Here's an old pic I have of the jersey -

2963055840105778501S200x200Q85.jpg

Anyways, I received the jeresey no problem, but unfortunately it had a lot of bleed threw on the rear and arm numbers. It doesn't really show in the pic, but the numbers were pretty pink and there was even some red spots in certain areas. I messaged dangle about it, and he replied that I could return the jersey for a full refund, or that I could return it to have it corrected. Because I wanted the jersey for my collection, I opted to send it back to him to have it corrected.

Well, after waiting a few weeks, the jersey never returned. I had tracking and delivery confirmation, and we had been back and forth messaging each other, and dangle had confirmed the jersey's arrival at his shop. At the same time, as his feeback grew from 10 to 20 to 30, etc, I noticed he started getting a few negative feedbacks. Shortly after, he started getting more and more negative (mostly of items not showing up), and then he ditched his ebay account, and I stopped hearing from him all together.

Needless to say, the Spezza was never returned, and I was out about $180 + the shipping I spent to send it back to be corrected.

The last email I have is from Erik Noren, telling me not to worry because my jersey was on it's way.

Erik Noren <boycanhedangle@gmail.com>

Received: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 3:09 PM

"No it's on it's way."

I never heard back from him.

I know some of you have probably done business with him recently without any problems, but this is just a warning in case you do run into some trouble.

- Slim

You can't always go on the size when it comes to those old ones though. In the older days, the jerseys were cut differently AND the equipment was much smaller. I've seen PLENTY of old dureen and wool game-worns out there that are size 44, 42 and even 40.

Even some of the early 80s stuff; I have a Devils mesh jersey from Cosby's that's marked 42 on the collar but it fits close to a 52-54.

Yeah I bought something from him once and never got it. He's overall pretty shady and only replies when he wants. I wont be back.

That link doesn't work. Did you use the wrong number maybe? It says the auction doesn't exist or has been removed.

:rolleyes:

maybe removed...i got the link from slims last post, about 4 avove this.

:P

So, this morning I decided I would go through a bunch of old jersey related messages in my email, and clear out anything I don't need. Going back to May 28th of 2009, I found a message and discovered who ebay member boy_can_he_dangle is (he's been selling a lot of jersey kits recently)

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/boy_can_he_dangle/m.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_trksid=p3911.c0.m283&_rdc=1

Long story short, back in '09 he had opened an ebay account (I don't remember the username), and was selling a bunch of nice authentics. I purchased a KOHO Sens Spezza rookie jersey from him. Here's an old pic I have of the jersey -

Anyways, I received the jeresey no problem, but unfortunately it had a lot of bleed threw on the rear and arm numbers. It doesn't really show in the pic, but the numbers were pretty pink and there was even some red spots in certain areas. I messaged dangle about it, and he replied that I could return the jersey for a full refund, or that I could return it to have it corrected. Because I wanted the jersey for my collection, I opted to send it back to him to have it corrected.

Well, after waiting a few weeks, the jersey never returned. I had tracking and delivery confirmation, and we had been back and forth messaging each other, and dangle had confirmed the jersey's arrival at his shop. At the same time, as his feeback grew from 10 to 20 to 30, etc, I noticed he started getting a few negative feedbacks. Shortly after, he started getting more and more negative (mostly of items not showing up), and then he ditched his ebay account, and I stopped hearing from him all together.

Needless to say, the Spezza was never returned, and I was out about $180 + the shipping I spent to send it back to be corrected.

The last email I have is from Erik Noren, telling me not to worry because my jersey was on it's way.

"No it's on it's way."

I know some of you have probably done business with him recently without any problems, but this is just a warning in case you do run into some trouble.

- Slim

I don't like dangle. I returned a jersey that I bought from, and the only way I got him to reply to my messages were threats of opening a case.

White Liberty Replica Leetch. It would had been a deal since i saw when this originally went up it was 50 BIN but someone thinks it could be had for less and now will probably be burned for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-York-Rangers-Leetch-2-Jersey-White-Alt-Liberty-/230626837843?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35b26

I believe the seller is trying to cash in on the Canucks run to the Cup.

Also would a team signed jersey be worth this much?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/R...=item1e63f504ec

0.99? Yes, it's about worth that much...

But if you're scared that someone may bid more than a buck, hey, you can buy it right away for $3,800....love it!!!

"No it's on it's way."

- Slim

This is the same guy who sold kits on ebay also.

I think a few members here got a kit from him.

Cant say if they where ok or not.

White Liberty Replica Leetch. It would had been a deal since i saw when this originally went up it was 50 BIN but someone thinks it could be had for less and now will probably be burned for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-York-Rangers-Leetch-2-Jersey-White-Alt-Liberty-/230626837843?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35b26

Too bad it's wrong and needs to be stripped. The nameplate needs to go and the lettering needs to be arched on the jersey like it should be. Also, maybe it's the way the jersey was thrown into a heap for the picture, but the 2 looks crooked also.

:blush:

LOVE a long essay on his shipping but forgets to put a size in description!

:thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

is it the black one you asked him the size about? edit, got a response from him and it is a 50 on that black stars sweater.

I am torn on taking a shot at it or not, i wear a 2xl in CCM and Koho, but have no clue on how these older ultrafils work as far as fit and stuff. thought i read somewhere on here that they just doubled the number of the armpit to armpit and got the tag size that way?

Too bad it's wrong and needs to be stripped. The nameplate needs to go and the lettering needs to be arched on the jersey like it should be. Also, maybe it's the way the jersey was thrown into a heap for the picture, but the 2 looks crooked also.

thats a factory customed one so thats why its like that.

My latest purchase:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250830140496&si=F%252BmCjWfaEw7fmIPs3pot6rk5S%252B8%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3AOC%3AUS%3A1123#ht_500wt_922

Authentic, Bauer, Size 48, IHL Cleveland Lumberjacks Jersey

This is the home jersey the team wore in 92/93, 93/94, and 94/95.

Now to decide who to put on it.....

Jock Callander (IHL's All Time leading scorer)....

Markus Naslund (appeared in 12 games over the 93/94 and 94/95 seasons)

or

Patrick Lalime (played in 23 games the 94/95 season)

MARKUS NASLUND!!!!

Greatest player to ever lace them up.

WHAT!?!?! HAHAHA. Little bit of a overstatement don't you think?!?!

First off he's a EURO! That has NO cups. NO hearts. NO scoring titles. etc etc.... You would figure to be the best of all time you would at least have a cup or a NHL trophy on his case right?!?! What do I know!

I would put a list of Euro over him any day for best of all time. like ummmm say Lidström?!? Hasek?? Fedorov?? Sedin?? OVY?!?! Sundin?!?

Hell he isn't even the best Swed of all time! Not even close!

As far as best that ever laced them up is just ludicrous. I know he's you favorite player but come on now.

First off he's a EURO! That has NO cups. NO hearts. NO scoring titles. etc etc.... You would figure to be the best of all time you would at least have a cup or a NHL trophy on his case right?!?! What do I know!

I would put a list of Euro over him any day for best of all time. like ummmm say Lidström?!? Hasek?? Fedorov?? Sedin?? OVY?!?! Sundin?!?

As far as best that ever laced them up is just ludicrous. I know he's you favorite player but come on now.

Correction: He has one heart, zero harts.

Glad to know my opinion means nothing to you, and just gets your panties in a twist.

Who F(&^*** cares what I think, go back to staring at Mario Lemieux posters all day.

Who F(&^*** cares what I think, go back to staring at Mario Lemieux posters all day.

*Insert Zenon Konopka joke here*