Leafs To Alter Game Jerseys

JustAnothaVictim

Death of the Buffaslug?

BUFFALO is doing away with the so-called “slug” logo on both its home/blue and road/white jerseys, presumably returning, full-time, to the club’s original “cross-swords” logo, now in use on the throw-back third jersey.

Thank god.

Personally I loved the Bufflaslug ... I still plan to try and nab one of the 2006-07 pre-Edge versions sometime to make into a Drury.

I'm glad to see the Leafs adding a much needed waist stripe. I'd like to see the "TML" patches come back. They grew on me.

Good call on the first two accounts but I don't like the loss of the blue Penguins jersey. That one is great. I wonder what direction they go now...maybe an all yellow model of the original Sunday jersey? That'd be pretty wild.

Good call on the first two accounts but I don't like the loss of the blue Penguins jersey. That one is great. I wonder what direction they go now...maybe an all yellow model of the original Sunday jersey? That'd be pretty wild.

I'd respect them so much more if they went CHECKERBOARD!!! But, just kidding about the respect thing, totally serious about the checkerboard though. I want to see it, the Predators are a good start...but I want like Euro craziness when it comes to jerseys.

I also want to see Philly change to their WC jerseys as an away, and then find some way to rock a "Philadelphia" third jersey with Spectrum influence like the phantoms did last year for one of their specialty jerseys.

I liked the blues for the WC game since they added so much to the atmosphere being outside in the snow and all...but after seeing them in those in person at that game, watching them wear the same thing inside for a 3rd just over did it for me. They are a WC thing for me and that's it.

Whatever they do for a new 3rd, I just hope they don't redo one of the 90's versions with their new Vegas Gold. I'd say that's pretty close to blasphemy. Big fan of the Sunday jersey remake, though! I'd buy an authentic version of that in a heartbeat.

As for the Buffalo jersey - it's about time! I LOVED the black/red jersey choices in the late 90's through early 2000's; I wish they'd go back to that. I like the color scheme of the current ones, but those black ones just looked so sharp.

Amen, Liked the home Buffalo red and black the best, even the third was good in my opinion. All i can say is thank you to the teams that realize the absolute crap they were trying to sell when they originally released the Edge jerseys. Toronto, Im looking at you. Just adding the previous shoulder patch and waist stripe will make everything much better.

Now though I'm torn on whether Phoenix should follow suite with their Home jersey. The away has the shoulder yoke now which offsets the waist stripe IMO. Their home is still pretty bland. If they do its just going to put me one jersey back on completing the Phoenix Collection.

Im glad to see Pittsburgh get rid of the Baby blues, even though the rumor is that they are still going to use light blue. Not fond of the color at all.

I don't think the news of the death of the slug was unexpected but still its nice that is closer to being confirmed. I refused to buy any merch with it and that has limited my options over the last few years to say the least. Always loved the colors though, those combined with the swords/buffalo logo would be a good way to go.

I think the Sabres would do well to make better use of the "B with sabre through it" shoulder crest. It would look great as a primary crest since the vertical emphasis would be unusual in the NHL and it's a strong, simple image.

Regarding the Edge jersey changes, I wish I could get excited about them but until the silly curved hem goes away I'm sidelined.

I'm curious to see what the Preds do with their jerseys. I'm actually tempted to buy their third jersey, I've grown to like it. If I notice their third jersey starting to be worn more and more (especially in the playoffs), I'll know what to expect for next season.

Not too surprised on the Sabres either, that was pretty much expected, I just hope they make the "B with the Sabre through it" their shoulder patch. About time, is all I can say.

Count me as one hoping they bring back the TML in Toronto and I'm thrilled to hear about the addition of a waist stripe.

Personally, I'm really curious to see what kind of changes are going to come next season after year three of the Edge jersey program. Once I saw the Flyers unveil their Winter Classic jersey, I pretty much expected that one to become their primary road jersey (and thankfully they are back in orange!). Then I've heard off and on that the Islanders were gonna make their current alt their new home for next season and likewise the Oilers. I'm really interested to see whose all going to make changes again.

I'm curious to see what the Preds do with their jerseys. I'm actually tempted to buy their third jersey, I've grown to like it. If I notice their third jersey starting to be worn more and more (especially in the playoffs), I'll know what to expect for next season.

Then I've heard off and on that the Islanders were gonna make their current alt their new home for next season and likewise the Oilers. I'm really interested to see whose all going to make changes again.

I completely forgot that the Preds were thinking redesign. i hope they dont get rid of the yellowish gold they have completly. From what i have been hearing its all but certain that New York is making the switch to the retros which is a shame.