2009 - 3rd Jereys Thread

akteon

Instead of resurrecting the 2008 version, I decided to create a new thread.

Early leak of the new Wild 3rd (from Icethetics.info of course)

Wild3rdLeak.jpg

It's really close to the 2004 All-Star jersey from when the game was in Minnesota, but I don't know if you could do a vintage style jersey in green that didn't look close to that (the shoulder piping looks different atleast). Overall I think it's great, my only caveat being that's it's an Edge. I know it's too much to hope that like some of the Canadiens throw backs from last season it be cut the old style. I'm just happy it's green - I never liked the Wild's red jerseys, made it look like Christmas all the time.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that jersey. Love the vintage approach they took to design the jersey. It also has a college hockey feel to it which makes sense considering how many people in Minnesota follow the Gophers and Duluth religiously. Any else think the jersey reminds them of the Michigan State jersey?

Is the star above the "i" suppose to be a nod to the North Stars?

That's nice...logo's a little boring though IMO. I'm not a fan of the whole "let's only write our team name and/or city on the jersey". Come on, DESIGN SOMETHING!!

That's nice...logo's a little boring though IMO. I'm not a fan of the whole "let's only write our team name and/or city on the jersey". Come on, DESIGN SOMETHING!!

:blink:

nhl_g_jagr_300.jpg

Eh...it's a little too similar to the Mighty Ducks 3rd from years back. I'm not crazy about it. And just for the record, the diagonal 'PITTSBURGH' jerseys were one of the best they ever had.

the writing is boring, logos are better. At least it isn't red, and at least they didn't create something hideous like atlanta.

and I don't like the diagonal pens jersey, pittsburgh has too many letters to write it ranger style. It looks far too cramped and when you wear one without pads it ends up looking like ITTSBURG

I think that jersey looks awesome. Too bad it's an Edge jersey, though. Otherwise I would definitely own one ASAP.

In related news, the Devils announced today that they will wear their red and green throwbacks when they face the Penguins on St. Patrick's Day. This is huge news for the Devils considering they have never worn anything but their normal home and away jerseys. I'm really hoping that somehow the retail ones won't be Edge jerseys.

In related news, the Devils announced today that they will wear their red and green throwbacks when they face the Penguins on St. Patrick's Day. This is huge news for the Devils considering they have never worn anything but their normal home and away jerseys. I'm really hoping that somehow the retail ones won't be Edge jerseys.

I can only hope they will be a throwback style and not be an Edge. That would be awesome. If that were the case I would actually break down and buy a Devils jersey.

The Wild third looks rather nice until you realize that it has that silly Edge curved hem. That cut always looks so wrong with traditional straight striping. It's not quite so bad if the stripe pattern follows the curve but in cases like this it's clearly two design elements that are incompatible. Once again Reebok is trying to shoehorn together hockey sweater tradition and their modern corporate template. Boo.

I think it's nice looking, and I much perfer it to the red circle logo jersey they wore last season, but when I see this new jersey/uniform, the first thing that came to mind was "college team"...

I like the Wild third, its simple and has a nice vintage look. and I also hate the red ones, so at the very least its a huge improvement.

the only thing I truly hate on thirds is the recent trend of putting the teams shortened nickname on the jersey (Bolts, Sens, etc). it looks stupid, its not creative, and hopefully no more of those pop up this season.

I can only hope they will be a throwback style and not be an Edge. That would be awesome. If that were the case I would actually break down and buy a Devils jersey.

You won't be the only one

I'll be in the minority as I often am...I like the red Wild jerseys.

But, red is my favorite color. I'm biased. LOL.

I'm pretty sure that's their home jersey now (though I'm sure you knew that!)

I'll be in the minority as I often am...I like the red Wild jerseys.

But, red is my favorite color. I'm biased. LOL.

I agree. Still waiting for my Wild home jersey to arrive from IceJerseys.com! Then again I actually also like the Lightening 3rds.

Not sure if there are any Canes fans here...but does anyone know if they are going to use their black third jerseys again next year? I'm thinking of getting a Tom Kostopoulos one. He's been a favorite player of mine forever.

Here are pictures and video from today's introduction of the Wild's new third jerseys, exclusive to my blog.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2009...-jersey_30.html

• 2 weeks later...

According to Icethetics - the Flyers will unveil their Winter Classic jersey this Friday, and Boston will unveil their Winter Classic jersey next Thursday.

I wonder what the Flyers will come up with, as their current three jerseys pretty much encompass most of the variations they've worn historically. The Bruins have a bit more leeway to pull out a truly classic style/logo.

I'd love to see the Bruins bring back the old brown and gold bear jerseys. That would be awesome. Although, my gut tells me that both teams will go with jerseys matching what they wore during the 1974 Finals.

I'd love to see the Bruins bring back the old brown and gold bear jerseys. That would be awesome. Although, my gut tells me that both teams will go with jerseys matching what they wore during the 1974 Finals.

I hope, you're talking about the one from 1928 - Eddie Shore era because that's the one I'd love to see :D

Bruins should do one that looks kind of like the TBTC jersey from the '30s. With the B and no circle around it. The Flyers should just forfeit because they suck. But if they have to play I guess they should do an inaugural season kind of thing.