2009 - 3rd Jereys Thread

akteon

Here's what I've seen from reading Icethetics ...

Bruins - yellow winter classic jersey pics leaked, official release tomorrow

Flyers - white/orange winter classic jersey released last week with black nameplate (yuck!)

Avs - blue 3rd jersey leaked, looks alot like their old 3rd

Preds - dark blue jersey leaked - looks like Toronto, but may have some minor details not yet seen (checkerboard?)

Wild - green 3rd released

Flames - 30th anniversary throwback 3rd jersey released

Devils - will wear throw back red and green for one game (St. Pattys day)

Hawks - switching to their winter classic from last year as a 3rd but with tomahawks on shoulders (boo!)

Panthers - listed as having a 3rd but nothing leaked yet and no set release date

Obviously some of this can change, especially with the ones that are just leaks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there no yellow? Those thin stripes might have looked ok in yellow.

They're not great, but they're not bad either.

I hate the edge bum flaps.

There's a nice little video on the Preds site re the 3rd jersey:

http://predators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?id=46641

I might be in the minority, but I really love the old mustard ones.

I might be in the minority, but I really love the old mustard ones.

I was not a fan until I saw one up close - the navy blue liner underneath the gold mesh is a really cool touch. I am still not a fan of the crest on those, but I'm glad I picked up an authentic old Preds 3rd before they become harder to find.

I don't think the Flyers ever wore a black nameplate with their original jerseys. Obviously, names were not permanently put on the backs of NHL jerseys until the late 70s. The Flyers wore white nameplates with black lettering, so maybe the creators of their WC jersey decided to switch it up...

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers wear that jersey with "Rangers" and the # on the front, I kind of like it and the color scheme.

I'm not big on the Preds new thirds, but they are fairly easy on the eyes color wise and as people above have said, similar to older Maple Leafs style. I really do like how the names and numbers are only 1 color tackle twill, just like Detroit's. But I much prefer Nahsville's old third, the mustard yellow jersey.

The Preds 3rd jersey looks pretty boring to me. Actually it's an untypical design for the team and would have rather seen (correct grammar?) the skull logo as their main crest. slime is right about the missing yellow but that would probably look more like a Sabres 3rd.

Predators unveiled their 3rds today.

_JR29604_1.jpg

_JR29608_1.jpg

And for the checkerboard part that was mentioned a few posts ago.

Copy_of__JR29604_1_medium.jpg

I like the subtle checkered pattern but they needed to dress up the numbers with an outline or something...that makes the jersey look way too plain...

I love the dark blue and silver. I really don't like dark jerseys with white at the bottom. My 2 cents.