2009 - 3rd Jereys Thread

akteon

3rdcutout250.jpg

Looks like the Blackhawks WC template, pretty decent looking jersey if you aren't the type that would be bothered by a 10 year old franchise having a "retro" looking jersey.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rdcutout250.jpg

Looks like the Blackhawks WC template, pretty decent looking jersey if you aren't the type that would be bothered by a 10 year old franchise having a "retro" looking jersey.

Well it looks a lot better than our retro Pittsburgh inspired mess of fugliness from two years ago:

goligoski-allrook_200.jpg

I swear that they had to give these things away just to get them off the shelves b/c no one wanted them.

Or there's the not as ugly but otherwise boring jersey from this past season...which still isn't exactly flying off the shelves:

2776555525_21ba5efbb3_o.jpg

I'd love to see the Bruins bring back the old brown and gold bear jerseys. That would be awesome. Although, my gut tells me that both teams will go with jerseys matching what they wore during the 1974 Finals.

Amen to that, my favorite Bruins jersey of all time is their sweaters from 1926, the brown and white sweaters with the gold cuffs along the sleeves. I wonder if the brown had anything to do with bears being brown.... :rolleyes: hehe

I hope, you're talking about the one from 1928 - Eddie Shore era because that's the one I'd love to see :D

Been there, done that.

2324631910100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2328468030100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

The number on the back is felt too. :thumbsup:

As for the Flyers, what choice to they have? They've had one basic jersey since forever. They just have to decide on which variation of it to go with, unless they pull a "Minnesota Wild" and create a fake throwback in a 1920's style they never actually wore.

Been there, done that.

2324631910100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2328468030100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

The number on the back is felt too. :thumbsup:

As for the Flyers, what choice to they have? They've had one basic jersey since forever. They just have to decide on which variation of it to go with, unless they pull a "Minnesota Wild" and create a fake throwback in a 1920's style they never actually wore.

I agree with the Flyers potentially using a Philadelphia Quakers jersey, but like others have said above, their uniform / logo has not really changed since 1967. I also think it would be sick if Boston used the brown and gold sweater from the 1920s.

I can see some inspiration for the much older jerseys for this year's WC because for the 2009 WC Detroit's jersey was from 1926 and Chicago's was from the 1930s.

Apparently Timmy didn't get the memo. I saw a smaller less clear pic on icethetics. That one pretty much confirms it in my opinion. I think its decent, I just don't get why they have to "invent" a vintage sweater though - comparing from NHLUniforms.com, it looks like they took the yellow jersey from 1958 but are using the "B" logo that looks more like their original from 1948. I don't know why they couldn't just pick a jersey from their past instead of frankenstein-ing one together.

Then again that's what I expect the Flyers to do, but what choice do they have?

I personally think the Flyers one is pretty ugly, I mean, what year did they match it from? Or was it a stupid newly invented jersey?

I like the Bruins one (if that picture above is true) much better... although I am a little surprised to see them going with a gold jersey.

Oh sweet! I really like the Bruins' jerseys. That's an homage to the 25th anniversary team unis from 1949 I think. That funky fonted B was the first spoked wheel they ever wore. I'm digging that one. The Flyers one too but the black nameplate is strange. I think maybe it's just in contrast to the black-letters-on-white-nameplate that's on their current 3rds.

I was a fan of the Rangers Liberty jerseys - even the white one from '99 grew on me. But I doubt we'll see it again because apparently vintage is the new cool. I figure the Rangers won't have a 3rd jersey until they get a spot in a winter classic (probably sooner rather than later) and then they'll have a vintage jersey.

I was a fan of the Rangers Liberty jerseys - even the white one from '99 grew on me. But I doubt we'll see it again because apparently vintage is the new cool. I figure the Rangers won't have a 3rd jersey until they get a spot in a winter classic (probably sooner rather than later) and then they'll have a vintage jersey.

Since they already did the original with the TBTC do you think they'd have the balls to pull this one out

Rangers_40s.jpg

Since they already did the original with the TBTC do you think they'd have the balls to pull this one out

Rangers_40s.jpg

That's exactly what I am hoping for.