Rbk 6100 Forsberg Avs Jersey Legitimacy Question + Sizing

Veritas0Aequitas

Hey guys, this is my first post but it seems like everyone here knows what they're talking about and I found this jersey on eBay. It looks legit and the seller has pretty darn good feedback from other people who bought authentic jerseys from him. The only thing is I'm wondering how its an RBK jersey of last years style when Forsberg never played for them while the Avs were making RBK Jerseys. (At least to my knowledge). Maybe he had it customized? Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-PETER-FORSBE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, I know this is a 56, but if a Small NEW RBK Replica jersey fits me perfectly how would a 46 in this version fit me? I'm about 5'6 145 pounds. Any help on both topics is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Andrew

Well, all jerseys last year were Reebok 6100's. They weren't RBK EDGE jerseys, but still Reebok. And yeah, Forsberg never wore that jersey with the Avs.

Any thoughts as to whether this is a real authentic then?

While it's only a stock photo, I do believe that ebayer only sells authentic, legit jerseys. You can always go through paypal if you have a problem.

Thank you for your response. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get it and put my 2001 Stanley Cup Patch on it even though he didn't play in the finals ;)

What he's trying to say that it's a BIG no-no to put a patch on the wrong jersey. The Avs wore white CCMs and dark KOHOs in the 01 Cup Finals.

Get a Wings jersey..... :D

Why is it a big no-no? It's for me and I'm probably not going to ever sell it. If you can find me a Forsberg CCM Authentic 46 I'll more than gladly buy it, but I am having a rather difficult time with that.

To the Wings fan... eat me!

Why is it a big no-no? It's for me and I'm probably not going to ever sell it. If you can find me a Forsberg CCM Authentic 46 I'll more than gladly buy it, but I am having a rather difficult time with that.

I like your style dude!....... :lol::thumbsup:

It's not really a true no-no, it is just that we have a lot of very picky people on this board. Plain and simple, it is your jersey, if you want to put a patch on it, feel free to do so. Some comments may come up, but for the most part we all respect that the decision is yours.

On another note, welcome to the boards, and I do hope you enjoy your time here.

I would love to post a picture of my 2001 Av´s jersey, but i can´t figure out how to resize the picture so i can upload it, can someone tell me how it´s done?

If you upload to photobucket, it gives you an option to choose the photo size to be stored on their site.

Thanks tomtucker! I'd love to see that 2001 Championship Jersey if you can upload it. Thanks also lafountain for the welcoming. I'll look forward to posting some more on here. Do you know how the 46 last year authentic would fit? I tried on the 46 new authentic and it fit me perfectly.

Also, do you know where I might be able to find a CCM Authentic 46? I'd love to get a CCM Forsberg, but I think I just might have to settle for this. I found the new authentics on sale for $170, but I'm really not a huge fan of the new style so I passed.

Thanks tomtucker! I'd love to see that 2001 Championship Jersey if you can upload it. Thanks also lafountain for the welcoming. I'll look forward to posting some more on here. Do you know how the 46 last year authentic would fit? I tried on the 46 new authentic and it fit me perfectly.

Also, do you know where I might be able to find a CCM Authentic 46? I'd love to get a CCM Forsberg, but I think I just might have to settle for this. I found the new authentics on sale for $170, but I'm really not a huge fan of the new style so I passed.

Based on the size of yourself in the original post, I would be pretty sure that a 46 would fit you quite well.

The CCM 46's are possible to find, but it just takes some patience. Ebay is likely your best bet to find it.

These are the style you are looking for.

Avalanche1.gif

EDIT: As soon as I made this post, I went and checked ebay. There is a 46 in CCM/KOHO available in both the white and the dark.

Dark Jersey

White Jersey

Both are blank and you would have to send it out for customization.

Just to clear things up, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, Veritas. Like lafountain said...I'm just one of those picky people! :D

lafountain!!! I love you officially. I already bought the White jersey and am about to buy the Dark one... now I just have to decide which one to put Forsberg on and which one to put Bourque on! :) Would I be able to send it to IceJersys to customize it or would I have to go elsewhere?

Dr. D. No worries, I wasn't trying to be a jerk back either. Just stating my opinion :)

lafountain!!! I love you officially. I already bought the White jersey and am about to buy the Dark one... now I just have to decide which one to put Forsberg on and which one to put Bourque on! :) Would I be able to send it to IceJersys to customize it or would I have to go elsewhere?

Dr. D. No worries, I wasn't trying to be a jerk back either. Just stating my opinion :)

Icejerseys would be able to do the customization. Just make sure if the font has changed, you specify what it is you want. Pictures can always be helpful.

I also wasn't trying to be a jerk either. My English is just not the best. :D

Congrats on your purchase. To help you with your decision wether to go Bourque or Forsberg... go with Bourque! You have more jersey options to put Forsberg on like a nice Starter Authentic.

This is what your jersey could look like:

2333632440054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

2884670530054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

I love the Bourque in white. Especially since it was his last year and he won the cup. That was a cinderella season for him. I agree with Victim on this one.

I also wasn't trying to be a jerk either. My English is just not the best. :D

Congrats on your purchase. To help you with your decision wether to go Bourque or Forsberg... go with Bourque! You have more jersey options to put Forsberg on like a nice Starter Authentic.

I imagine since he bought both the Maroon and the White he is gonna do one of each, the only question really was who is gonna go on the white and the other will go on the maroon.

I imagine since he bought both the Maroon and the White he is gonna do one of each, the only question really was who is gonna go on the white and the other will go on the maroon.

I'm looking for a dark Koho version too to be a Bourque jersey with the 2001 All Star Patch.