NHL OWNERS APPROVE JERSEY ADS FOR 2022-23 SEASON

JunkyardAthletic

I'd rather have ads on jerseys than the TV advert breaks 3 minutes at a time in the middle of a period, it's a joke. Can you guys really not go that long without being told to buy something? The ad breaks kill any momentum in a game and can sometimes turn the tide of the game. Team A under the cosh and penned in their zone for 5 minutes, about to concede and they get a TV time out, regroup and go and score the other end.

3 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

I'd rather have ads on jerseys than the TV advert breaks 3 minutes at a time in the middle of a period, it's a joke. Can you guys really not go that long without being told to buy something? The ad breaks kill any momentum in a game and can sometimes turn the tide of the game. Team A under the cosh and penned in their zone for 5 minutes, about to concede and they get a TV time out, regroup and go and score the other end.

Interesting way to look at it.  I have never thought of it that way!

Pretty good idea to be honest.  I would rather eliminate broadcast ads in favour of in-game advertising (advertising is a beast you will never get rid of)

Now the elephant in the room.......how do we get our hands on those advert patches for accuracy??

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

I just don't know how it is acceptable to stop the game and show adverts, you have 15 minutes between periods for that.  

But then we’d miss the usual predictable interview consisting of “we have to play our game and blah, blah, blah” between periods. 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, DJ Rhea said:

And now you will have both.

Sh it, i am slowly losing interest in the game and the uniforms........ NHL are pushing their luck imo.

The movie BASEketball  is starting to look more real by the day