Question for icejerseys on sales numbers

lafountain

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if you guys had information on which teams and players were the top 10 in sales to this point of the season? I am guessing you don't have the information NHL wide, but from your sales alone is what I am wondering about.

I am mostly just curious to see what people are buying up this year.

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if you guys had information on which teams and players were the top 10 in sales to this point of the season? I am guessing you don't have the information NHL wide, but from your sales alone is what I am wondering about.

I am mostly just curious to see what people are buying up this year.

oh yes, that would be very interesting. I assume Crosby is not in the top ten because there are to many fakes out there. I also think that probably only jersey insiders. But IceJerseys is on of the best sources I know for having outdated jerseys customised. Just too bad they don't send out loose lettering kits. Will IceJersey change that one day?

Yeah I'd be interested in knowing, I would think the Caps jersey would be up there.

I would think Crosby would be #1 name although to go against the grain maybe I'd pick Ovechkin or LeCavalier.

For what it's worth, I found this info on the Penguins' official website...

TOP 10 SELLING PLAYER JERSEYS ON SHOP.NHL.COM (December 1-31, 2007)

Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins

Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

Daniel Briere, Philadelphia Flyers

Chris Drury, New York Rangers

Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres

Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo Sabres

Brendan Shanahan, New York Rangers

Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins

Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks

Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers

For what it's worth, I found this info on the Penguins' official website...

TOP 10 SELLING PLAYER JERSEYS ON SHOP.NHL.COM (December 1-31, 2007)

Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins

Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

Daniel Briere, Philadelphia Flyers

Chris Drury, New York Rangers

Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres

Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo Sabres

Brendan Shanahan, New York Rangers

Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins

Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks

Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers

It never ceases to amaze me how Crosby and Alex O are always on a list like this, but never Vincent Lecavalier. Don't get me wrong, they're all great players, but you'd think more people would be buying the league's point leader.

It never ceases to amaze me how Crosby and Alex O are always on a list like this, but never Vincent Lecavalier. Don't get me wrong, they're all great players, but you'd think more people would be buying the league's point leader.

Must be the Tampa jersey then :P ...

But was just thinking about getting a Lecavalier one yesterday when I came across a cheap blank authentic B) .

It is unfortunate but how many hockey fans out there do you think actually know WHO Vinny Lacavalier is? I'm willing to bet that he's not as well known as we would think. He plays for Tampa Bay; a team that not too many people even know about(a friend of mine didn't even know they had a team until last week) and it's not like the NHL markets him along with Crosby and Ovechkin. Yeah, he's in that EDGE commercial but so what? It's all about who knows you in this league and sad to say, outside of those ten up there, there's not much else for the average fan to grab onto.

It's Tampa Bay (no offense, TBLightningFan) and their jerseys are a little on the dark and boring side (they look way better in person). There are fans that can't even pronounce "Lecavalier". :rolleyes:

Now the NHL should really use him more in their ads and have his name repeated several times so there's never a question as to who he is. If he'd change his first name to LeBron, he'd sell more merchandise. ;)

It's Tampa Bay (no offense, TBLightningFan) and their jerseys are a little on the dark and boring side (they look way better in person). There are fans that can't even pronounce "Lecavalier". :rolleyes:

Now the NHL should really use him more in their ads and have his name repeated several times so there's never a question as to who he is. If he'd change his first name to LeBron, he'd sell more merchandise. ;)

I guess you're right. Being a fan of the Bolts, and quite admittedly a "beer swillin' hockey nut", I guess I don't know who the "average fan" is. Maybe it's that guy who doesn't know the difference between an authentic and a replica, what CCM stands for, what the real definition of a "game winning goal" is, and isn't a fan of the movie "Slap Shot" or "Miracle".

I'd like to think most people know we've got a team down here though...we won a Cup not too long ago...I was there for gawd sake!

Well he was popular enough to crack the top 3 in Eastern Forward voting, so there are people that know of him.

I guess you're right. Being a fan of the Bolts, and quite admittedly a "beer swillin' hockey nut", I guess I don't know who the "average fan" is. Maybe it's that guy who doesn't know the difference between an authentic and a replica, what CCM stands for, what the real definition of a "game winning goal" is, and isn't a fan of the movie "Slap Shot" or "Miracle".

I'd like to think most people know we've got a team down here though...we won a Cup not too long ago...I was there for gawd sake!

I like to consider myself an avid hockey fan...hell it makes up 65% of the conversations I'm in. I don't know what CCM stands for though...but I don't think that makes me any less of a hockey fan.

I do know all of the rest of the stuff you mentioned though. :stickhndl:

...me neither. I never asked someone about that. I know what BNWT, NNOB or NOBR means but what's CCM? Something dirrrrty? :P

You guys may not believe this one, but CCM stands for Canada Cycle & Motor Co. Ltd.

"CCM produced bicycles for many years in the area of Weston, Toronto, Ontario. They also briefly produced an automobile.

By 1905 with saturation in the bicycle market, CCM also began producing hockey skates and subsequently began manufacturing other hockey gear."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCM_%28The_Hockey_Company%29

You guys may not believe this one, but CCM stands for Canada Cycle & Motor Co. Ltd.

"CCM produced bicycles for many years in the area of Weston, Toronto, Ontario. They also briefly produced an automobile.

By 1905 with saturation in the bicycle market, CCM also began producing hockey skates and subsequently began manufacturing other hockey gear."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCM_%28The_Hockey_Company%29

Wow, I never thought the made bicycles more than 100 years ago and never thought that CCM exist that long.

Thank you for posting the info.

Wow, you guys didn't know what CCM stood for? I would've assumed otherwise.

Sorry if I embarrassed anyone! It's an interesting story to be sure...talk about an old, historic brand, eh?

In all honesty, I've never known what CCM stood for. All I knew about them were I loved their jerseys and their hockey equipment was pretty good!

As for Lecavalier, it is interesting that he's not among the top sellers in jersey sales. Its too bad too. I don't follow the Lightning to in-depth, but he's always struck me as a guy who'd be easy to root for.

Sorry if I embarrassed anyone! It's an interesting story to be sure...talk about an old, historic brand, eh?

Dude, don't be embarrassed. I'm just filled with useless information, that's all.

Okay guys, for the fun of it... lets see how good you are at ranking IceJerseys overall sales by team! I am putting together a list for sales rank of the 30 NHL teams (the list will include sales of vintage merchandise for teams that never moved (eg sabres, canadiens, oilers, etc. - as I believe it is fair to count vintage as part of a current team's overall sales - however Nordiques sales will not be counted as part of the Avs sales for example, since it is a team that moved). I will provide a rank 1-30 with % of overall sales starting Sept 1st, 2007 through Jan 14th. Keep in mind this is ALL apparel categories for each team (not just jerseys). I would say since we sell throughout North America and globally, our sales rank is a pretty good barometer of where fan interest lies for this season. So, just jot down all 30 current NHL teams by your predicted sales rank, and in a day or two, I'll post our list and we can see who is really on the pulse of the hockey marketing world!

Okay guys, for the fun of it... lets see how good you are at ranking IceJerseys overall sales by team! I am putting together a list for sales rank of the 30 NHL teams (the list will include sales of vintage merchandise for teams that never moved (eg sabres, canadiens, oilers, etc. - as I believe it is fair to count vintage as part of a current team's overall sales - however Nordiques sales will not be counted as part of the Avs sales for example, since it is a team that moved). I will provide a rank 1-30 with % of overall sales starting Sept 1st, 2007 through Jan 14th. Keep in mind this is ALL apparel categories for each team (not just jerseys). I would say since we sell throughout North America and globally, our sales rank is a pretty good barometer of where fan interest lies for this season. So, just jot down all 30 current NHL teams by your predicted sales rank, and in a day or two, I'll post our list and we can see who is really on the pulse of the hockey marketing world!

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?