Question for icejerseys on sales numbers

lafountain

I am actually working on my rankings. Anyone else working on their guesses?

I knew I could count on you Laf! I actually have the results done and ready to upload. So, maybe to make it easier (and quicker), members can just give us their guess at the top 5 or 10 selling NHL teams. I'll give a couple hints to make it interesting:

1) There are 3 Canadian teams in the top 10, but their order of rank might be a bit of a surprise

2) The first place team has almost double the sales of the second place team

I'm working on mine as well...its kinda difficult towards the middle 10-15 teams.

Just go for the top 10 then... it is pretty tricky after that anyhow.

My guess at the Top 10.

1: Penguins

2: Red Wings

3: Canadiens

4: Sabres

5: Senators

6: Rangers

7: Capitals

8: Ducks

9: Maple Leafs

10: Blackhawks

Figure Crosby helps push Pittsburgh to #1. So there it is my guess at Top 10 in sales.

For what it's worth, I found this info on the Penguins' official website...

TOP 10 SELLING PLAYER JERSEYS ON SHOP.NHL.COM (December 1-31, 2007)

Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins

Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

Daniel Briere, Philadelphia Flyers

Chris Drury, New York Rangers

Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres

Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo Sabres

Brendan Shanahan, New York Rangers

Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins

Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks

Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers

Was reading on the Sharks board and someone mentioned something I hadn't even noticed until it was said. Of the top 10 selling jerseys, all but 1 are from the Eastern Conference.

Was reading on the Sharks board and someone mentioned something I hadn't even noticed until it was said. Of the top 10 selling jerseys, all but 1 are from the Eastern Conference.

I'll keep that East Coast bias in mind when predicting IJ's top sellers. B)

The Rangers have to be up there too. Drury, Gomez, Lundqvist and Shanahan will sell some jerseys. I'm also gonna say that the Canucks are up there as well. The new style combined with Luongo and the Sedins and Naslund and everything else equals jerseys sold.

Here are the results as promised. The 'NHL Sales %' is that team's percentage of our overall NHL sales for current and vintage when applicable. The next two columns just show how much of each team's sale come from current vs. vintage merchandise. Teams in bold had sales coming from current and vintage merchandise, while others only generated sales from current merchandise. We ommitted sales from other vintage teams that are defunct or moved (eg North Stars, Nordiques, Jets etc.). A factor to keep in mind... sales are sometimes limited by supply... so a team can perform slightly better or worse depending on whether supply sufficiently meets demand. I don't think this is a huge factor this year however. Last year, it was a different story though as Buffalo accounted for more than 15% of our sales as the top performer and could have been probably 20 to 25% if we had as much supply as we needed!

post-2-1200628929_thumb.gif

The Eastern conference is definitely stronger taking 8 of the top 10 spots. Big surprises to me?

-Perennial top selling Red Wings way down at number 9.

-Habs at number 2... they used to be just above the middle of the pack.

-Leafs as the #3 Canadian team and only #6 overall - I guess their struggles this year aren't only on the ice.

-Though not a surprise to us, some of you might find it odd that last year's Cup finalists can't even break the top 15. They just aren't very big sellers overall.

Here are the results as promised. The 'NHL Sales %' is that team's percentage of our overall NHL sales for current and vintage when applicable. The next two columns just show how much of each team's sale come from current vs. vintage merchandise. Teams in bold had sales coming from current and vintage merchandise, while others only generated sales from current merchandise. We ommitted sales from other vintage teams that are defunct or moved (eg North Stars, Nordiques, Jets etc.). A factor to keep in mind... sales are sometimes limited by supply... so a team can perform slightly better or worse depending on whether supply sufficiently meets demand. I don't think this is a huge factor this year however. Last year, it was a different story though as Buffalo accounted for more than 15% of our sales as the top performer and could have been probably 20 to 25% if we had as much supply as we needed!

post-2-1200628929_thumb.gif

The Eastern conference is definitely stronger taking 8 of the top 10 spots. Big surprises to me?

-Perennial top selling Red Wings way down at number 9.

-Habs at number 2... they used to be just above the middle of the pack.

-Leafs as the #3 Canadian team and only #6 overall - I guess their struggles this year aren't only on the ice.

-Though not a surprise to us, some of you might find it odd that last year's Cup finalists can't even break the top 15. They just aren't very big sellers overall.

Well the Penguins being first shouldn't surprise anyone. The items that surprised me, the fact that the Kings vintage items almost account for 50% of their sales. I figured the Senators were much higher than 19th. Though the bottom 5 are not very surprising.

Well the Penguins being first shouldn't surprise anyone. The items that surprised me, the fact that the Kings vintage items almost account for 50% of their sales. I figured the Senators were much higher than 19th. Though the bottom 5 are not very surprising.

I agree about the bottom 5, although I was expecting the Avalanche to be a little higher. I'm also surprised the Red Wings were down in 9th.

I don't even know if a Sharks Thornton can even really count as a Western Conference jersey, since Boston fans are STILL pretty upset about that trade... :)

(y'know, all 6 of us? :D)

The entire Pacific Division (except San Jose, of course) is upset about that trade. :angry: