Adidas MiC Practice Jersey Crest Removal

KB67

I know it had been talked about in the past, but I’m not sure if anyone had been able to successfully remove the rubber type crest from the front of the MiC practice jersey? I want to do a project, so stripping the rubber crest would be ideal, but I guess buying a new crest large enough to cover up the rubber one would also work......

5 hours ago, KB67 said:

I know it had been talked about in the past, but I’m not sure if anyone had been able to successfully remove the rubber type crest from the front of the MiC practice jersey? I want to do a project, so stripping the rubber crest would be ideal, but I guess buying a new crest large enough to cover up the rubber one would also work......

Or buy a blank one. 

https://revupsports.com/adidas-3-stripe-practice-jersey-men-s-hockey?CAWELAID=120056460000092754&CATARGETID=120056460000081684&CADevice=m&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2pyCrf_L5wIVypyzCh0lRgrtEAQYASABEgJDafD_BwE

Tried the rubber of an Indo and the less-rubber MIC. Not successful with either. I wish there was a way. Even asked a few professionals and they were at a loss as well 

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Tried the rubber of an Indo and the less-rubber MIC. Not successful with either. I wish there was a way. Even asked a few professionals and they were at a loss as well 

Ok, thanks. That’s what I thought. I’ll just get a patch large enough to cover the entire rubber crest. Do you know the approx. width and height in inches of that rubber crest?

I’m out of town so I can’t measure it, but the Blackhawks WC crest was the perfect size. The base of this project was a MIC Bruins practice jersey

4dL7d3U.jpg

23 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I’m out of town so I can’t measure it, but the Blackhawks WC crest was the perfect size. The base of this project was a MIC Bruins practice jersey

4dL7d3U.jpg

So the Blackhawks crest is over top of the Bruins rubber crest? Is it detectable at all?

9 hours ago, KB67 said:

So the Blackhawks crest is over top of the Bruins rubber crest? Is it detectable at all?

Correct. No, it covers the rubber 100% perfectly 

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, mdwsta4 said:

I finally got a chance to work on the Adidas MiC Practice Jersey, expecting it to be a massive pain and a long job. Couldn’t have been further from the truth. Stripped the crest off (2) jerseys in a grand total of 15 minutes. Acetone in to a spray bottle, jersey turned inside out, sprayed the rear of the crest, and then flipped it right side out, and the crest peeled right off. Did a quick scrub of the residue with the acetone, and it came out spotless. Here’s the end result:

Adidas MiC Practice Jersey

whaaat?!!? SO spraying on the inside and letting it sit worked? I was attempting to remove from the outside on the crest itself. Well I'll be ! What kind of spray bottle are you using? 

22 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

whaaat?!!? SO spraying on the inside and letting it sit worked? I was attempting to remove from the outside on the crest itself. Well I'll be ! What kind of spray bottle are you using? 

I didn’t even really need to let it sit. I sprayed about half the logo at a time, then flipped the jersey over and it just started peeling away. 

Just bought an HD Clear Spray Bottle from Home Depot, and it works like a charm.

Spray Bottle

, that's great! Going to have to buy a few and try it out. Shame I can't find any 54's. I'm surprised that soaking acetone on the front didn't have the same result, but clearly it works

11 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

, that's great! Going to have to buy a few and try it out. Shame I can't find any 54's. I'm surprised that soaking acetone on the front didn't have the same result, but clearly it works

I guess when you go from behind, it just does the job better, going right at the sticky stuff.

32 minutes ago, KB67 said:

I guess when you go from behind, it just does the job better, going right at the sticky stuff.

TWSS