2008 All-Star Game Jerseys REVEALED! YUC!

iggygoalie

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/family/index.js...&cp=1919741

I really do feel like throwing up right now.

p3904300reg.jpgp3904346reg.jpg

HA!! Dude, I'm right with you. I got the catalog in the mail today and when I got home from work today, I was reading it while taking care of some business on the throne. When I saw them, I literally said, "WHAT??" They are hideous! For the better part of ten years now, the All-Star jerseys have always had some sort of interesting quirk that was added to it every couple years. These have absolutely no individuality to them whatsoever. At least last years had the new conference crests on them. These jerseys don't even use the Atlanta colors! Terrible.

I had just gone to shop.nhl.com to look at something and saw these. Came to post it here but you beat me to it. I gotta agree that they don't look very good at all (Sadly will probably end up with an East one if Kovy makes the team). All-Star jerseys have had their ups and downs, but this is very down.

I really don't get the hatred of them...what's so bad? Sure, they're a lil' bland, and I'd like some conference crests on them, and they look like practice jerseys...

Ok, so they're not perfect, but they could be much worse, no? Am I really missing it here?

I really don't get the hatred of them...what's so bad? Sure, they're a lil' bland, and I'd like some conference crests on them, and they look like practice jerseys...

Ok, so they're not perfect, but they could be much worse, no? Am I really missing it here?

I don't think you're missing it, since you listed the fact they are bland, need better crests and look like practice jerseys, but I don't think you've connected all the dots you've laid out in front of yourself since that all adds up to dull jerseys that look like they are for a high school prospects camp.

I don't think you're missing it, since you listed the fact they are bland, need better crests and look like practice jerseys, but I don't think you've connected all the dots you've laid out in front of yourself since that all adds up to dull jerseys that look like they are for a high school prospects camp.

I don't know, I have seen some pretty cool jerseys for prospect camps. This is slightly below those. :rolleyes:

HA!! Dude, I'm right with you. I got the catalog in the mail today and when I got home from work today, I was reading it while taking care of some business on the throne. When I saw them, I literally said, "WHAT??" They are hideous! For the better part of ten years now, the All-Star jerseys have always had some sort of interesting quirk that was added to it every couple years. These have absolutely no individuality to them whatsoever. At least last years had the new conference crests on them. These jerseys don't even use the Atlanta colors! Terrible.

Last year's didn't include Dallas colors. The 2004 jerseys are the only ones in the expansion era that used the hosting team's colors, so in the NHL, that was a new concept. These are more or less the same as last years' except for the crest and who wears white and who wears dark (red now instead of blue). Also, notice 'East' and 'West' a la the NBA as opposed to 2004's 'Eastern' and 'Western'. I don't hate these jerseys, but grade a D- to Rbk for creativity.

• 3 weeks later...

They look better with the number on the front. When I have a numbered replica on, I'll probably have a positive opinion of them. Is IceJerseys going to carry them (or is that a silly question)?

• 3 weeks later...
Any update on when Ice Jerseys will be getting these? I'm going to the game and was wondering if I might not be better off buying from you guys than dealing with it during that weekend...

EDGE Authentic and Premier Replicas are on the site now: NHL All-Star Jerseys

Excellent. I just bought one to show it off for a few weeks and then send it back up there with my Coyotes shoulder patch to apply and purchase customization when the roster comes out. I did that last year and everything came out wonderfully. :thumbsup:

Excellent. I just bought one to show it off for a few weeks and then send it back up there with my Coyotes shoulder patch to apply and purchase customization when the roster comes out. I did that last year and everything came out wonderfully. :thumbsup:

I guess that is one way to do it. Makes sense if you think about it, voting ends on the 2nd (I think), game is on the 27th. Won't have it customized in time for the game, but will have it shortly thereafter. So did you go replica or splurge on an authentic (if you don't mind me asking)

Since the front crest ('**WEST**') is not planned to be the screened thing like the shoulder patch and last year's Western Conference crest, I'm going replica. I don't like the white edge jerseys, so I'm going the more economical route. I'm more concerned about the overall look from above the waist, even if the All-Star Game logo will be that one-layer screened-onto-twill logo. The IJ numbering job will help balance out the negatives of the replica, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting closet to the game, any idea if these will be available in size 58 &/or 60? I managed to get my hands on a regular Thrashers goal cut, and the sizing is just like the old jerseys. Would love to have a chance at more of them, but an all-star shirt in either 58 or 60 would suffice!

Getting closet to the game, any idea if these will be available in size 58 &/or 60? I managed to get my hands on a regular Thrashers goal cut, and the sizing is just like the old jerseys. Would love to have a chance at more of them, but an all-star shirt in either 58 or 60 would suffice!

The only place I have seen a 60 is on ebay, but have not seen any from any of the official retailers.

The only place I have seen a 60 is on ebay, but have not seen any from any of the official retailers.

I was able to pick up a 60 from Philips Arena, and have seen a few on different websites. Seems like some teams are easier to find than others. Wondering if these authentics will be of the "new" old materials, or of the failed early on edge fabrics.

Well, I've ordered a Kovalchuk off of ebay. Someone is selling authentics, customized for 299.99. This is pretty much a steal to have it before the game. Anyways, who can help me find the Thrashers logo patch for the sleeve? Any leads?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atlanta-Thrashers-Pro-...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is who I got my Thrashers shoulder patches from.