Pens and Sabres to don retro jerseys.. on New Years at the Ralph.

lafountain

Looks like rumors are going around that the Sabres and the Penguins will wear retro jerseys when they play outside.

http://goingfivehole.blogspot.com/2007/11/...-retro-for.html

Yeah I saw that the other day. I like the idea. Those are some sweet jerseys too so the NHL had better put them up for sale because people WILL buy them.

Yeah I saw that the other day. I like the idea. Those are some sweet jerseys too so the NHL had better put them up for sale because people WILL buy them.

There are places where they are being offered, but in deference to our hosts I won't post links. I hope icejereys will offer them soon.

One thing I learned with the CCM Vintage brand line of jerseys is if you see one for the first time that you think you may want someday, buy it, they're not stocked forever. If you hunt hard enough, you can find almost anything somewhere in the world, but possibly not at your convenience.

One thing I learned with the CCM Vintage brand line of jerseys is if you see one for the first time that you think you may want someday, buy it, they're not stocked forever. If you hunt hard enough, you can find almost anything somewhere in the world, but possibly not at your convenience.

I am going to have to keep that in mind. I've been wanting to get one of the vintage Sabres jerseys for quite some time, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one, the blue or white. I got lucky when the alternates from last year became easier to find, but like you said, they're not stocked forever. Especially with that particular style being so popular.

Looks like rumors are going around that the Sabres and the Penguins will wear retro jerseys when they play outside.

http://goingfivehole.blogspot.com/2007/11/...-retro-for.html

Is this not "illegal" under the "no third jerseys this year" slogan? I guess a one game exemption is in order?

I went ahead and merged this with the other thread on the same subject.

I am not too happy with the fact that they put the EDGE template on the old style jersey but it really doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, no surprise the Edge template made it's mark on a vintage jersey here either. But it'll be nice to see an outdoor game on national television, regardless of what they're wearin'.

I don't the Edge jerseys but they made a bad choice with that Penguins jersey

Agreed, its hard to screw up that powder blue/old logo look to the jersey.

Agreed, its hard to screw up that powder blue/old logo look to the jersey.

Will IJ be selling the Winter Classic Jerseys? Here are the pics from NHL.com

p4174071reg.jpg

p4173986reg.jpg

There are places where they are being offered, but in deference to our hosts I won't post links. I hope icejereys will offer them soon.

Yes we will have them soon. But we don't like to put things up on our site and say "Ships in 7 to 9 weeks". In deference to our competition, I won't post links! :lol: