Vintage Capitals

ZoomZoom18

440e_1.JPG

capitalsthrowjersey1.jpg

I didn't realize they were making this particular vintage jersey. This one looks good too. Any word on any new vintage jerseys which may be unveiled?

I hope that someone from icejerseys can let us know the answer to this one.

It's been a long, long time since they have come out with any new CCM Vintage jerseys and, while they've done a lot of them over the last 8 years or so when they started making them, there's still a few really desirable ones they have never made, such as the 91-92 white Penguins and some old All-Star jerseys.

I hope that someone from icejerseys can let us know the answer to this one.

It's been a long, long time since they have come out with any new CCM Vintage jerseys and, while they've done a lot of them over the last 8 years or so when they started making them, there's still a few really desirable ones they have never made, such as the 91-92 white Penguins and some old All-Star jerseys.

Oh I agree, I'm looking for a Vancouver Canucks skate jersey from the 94 era and a North Stars black jersey from the 91-93 time frame before they moved to Dallas. I was thrilled to see this new Capitals one show up.

I have a red Capitals throwback made for me back in the 90s (when it was their regular design). The word 'capitals' was sewn on tackle-twill letters, those look so much nicer than that patch. I had #8 put on there for Dimitri Khristich, but I never put a name on it, so, I backed into an Ovechkin throwback jersey. I'd put a picture up, but I'd have to dig it out of storage.

I used to have a red authentic Capitals #32 Hunter but somehow I didn't like the design of it. It always looked kinda cheap to me. I sold it about a year ago and became the most expensive jersey I have ever sold.

Oh I agree, I'm looking for a Vancouver Canucks skate jersey from the 94 era and a North Stars black jersey from the 91-93 time frame before they moved to Dallas. I was thrilled to see this new Capitals one show up.

I have to agree with you- those jerseys are pretty sweet!

thb_hatcher.JPG

We will be carrying the Capitals 1985 Road Jersey (which we have had in the past too), pictured here:

away_jersey-1985_big.jpg

They should be coming in soon.

In the past we have had these, but they are not currently available:

Capitals 1993 Home Jersey:

home_jersey-1993_big.jpg

Canucks 1989 Home Jersey:

home_jersey-1989_big.jpg

As for the reason for no new jersey introductions this year, there is this little thing that Rbk seems to have been working on called the EDGE jersey, which is supposed to have resulted in new jerseys for all 30 teams (home and away), as well as Adult, Youth, Kid's and Women's replica versions of the new designs, which means about 300 different jersey patterns for production.... I think they are just a tad pre-occupied right now to be able to add even more designs into production! :wacko:

I would expect that for next season, once production gets somewhat back to normal, we might get to see some more Vintage jersey introductions to the line... so just hang in there!

I have to agree with you- those jerseys are pretty sweet!

thb_hatcher.JPG

Nice! That's a very old Hatcher. He switched to #2 once they moved to Dallas didn't he?

Thanks for the info CryWolf. I honestly didn't even think about Reebok being focused on the Edge program and since they bought out CCM, that explains everything. I hope the vintage program continues, its great to see old jerseys coming back.

Nice! That's a very old Hatcher. He switched to #2 once they moved to Dallas didn't he?

Thanks for the info CryWolf. I honestly didn't even think about Reebok being focused on the Edge program and since they bought out CCM, that explains everything. I hope the vintage program continues, its great to see old jerseys coming back.

No problem - and btw.. my EDGE sarcasm wasn't directed at you or anyone else in the thread... it was just making light of the whole EDGE program.

Are there going to be any authentic vintage jerseys available? I'd LOVE one of those Caps and Canucks.

Not sure... they have always offered them in the past, but that was while regular 6100's were being made for game use, and some teams even wore vintage 6100 authentics. Now that the 6100 is pretty much a thing of the past, I'm thinking we may not see vintage authentics again :(. Unless in the future some teams add back Vintage models to their game rotation (which might happen in a couple of years). Or... horror of all horrors... they do an EDGE Vintage Authentic! :o

No problem - and btw.. my EDGE sarcasm wasn't directed at you or anyone else in the thread... it was just making light of the whole EDGE program.

Oh no! I didn't think it was and I seriously didn't even think about the EDGE program probably putting the vintage program on halt this year. The vintage program has been really neat the last few seasons and I like seeing the 550s available in vintage designs, other than the old Maskas, which I wasn't a big fan of. For me, the 550s have been the greatest thing to hit hockey jersey collecting in my world other than them making jerseys available with players names and numbers on the back.

For me, the 550s have been the greatest thing to hit hockey jersey collecting in my world other than them making jerseys available with players names and numbers on the back.

I agree. The 550's make up the bulk of my collection and not much has excited me as the vintage line.

There have been some real poor efforts in the player names and numbers though. Many examples of wrong fonts being used.

The sleeve numbers on the Lemieux Penguins were wrong and don't even get me started on the North Stars Modano jerseys with the "drop shadow" numbers that are all screwed up. Certainly not all of them, but too many careless mistakes.

I agree. The 550's make up the bulk of my collection and not much has excited me as the vintage line.

There have been some real poor efforts in the player names and numbers though. Many examples of wrong fonts being used.

The sleeve numbers on the Lemieux Penguins were wrong and don't even get me started on the North Stars Modano jerseys with the "drop shadow" numbers that are all screwed up. Certainly not all of them, but too many careless mistakes.

I agree about the Modano jersey, the numbering on that particular one looks all weird.

I agree about the Modano jersey, the numbering on that particular one looks all weird.

The big, big problem with the Modano North Stars is that they took the white layer of twill for the number and put it in the lower right of the yellow layer instead of the top left.

The result is the "drop shadow" goes up and to the left instead of "dropping" down and to the right. What drives me totally crazy is the ###### "N*" logo on the front is correct! Can't they even maintain any consistency from the front to the back side of the same garment?!

Another way to look at it is that they put a "6" on upside down instead of a "9". Turn a picture of a CCM vintage (or your monitor!) upside down to see it as a 6 and the drop shadow suddenly falls the right way.

minniesota-modano.jpg

By the way men, do a search on google images for "Modano North Stars jersey" and check out the photo that starts row two. Yowzers... A freind of Mike's perhaps? Gotta love The Internets

Modano Google Search NSFW!

The big, big problem with the Modano North Stars is that they took the white layer of twill for the number and put it in the lower right of the yellow layer instead of the top left.

The result is the "drop shadow" goes up and to the left instead of "dropping" down and to the right. What drives me totally crazy is the ###### "N*" logo on the front is correct! Can't they even maintain any consistency from the front to the back side of the same garment?!

Another way to look at it is that they put a "6" on upside down instead of a "9". Turn a picture of a CCM vintage (or your monitor!) upside down to see it as a 6 and the drop shadow suddenly falls the right way.

Wow I did not know that about those jerseys. I was actually looking for one of them. So is it possible to find a correct one anywhere?

minniesota-modano.jpg

By the way men, do a search on google images for "Modano North Stars jersey" and check out the photo that starts row two. Yowzers... A freind of Mike's perhaps? Gotta love The Internets

Modano Google Search NSFW!

Ha, that is a 6, that's always looked funny to me. I'd like to know why that stayed that way. That green North Stars jersey IMO, is one of the nicest looking ones of the vintage line. Its too bad the personalization came out like it did.

That Mrs. Modano in the pic? I heard that he was with Willa Ford.

minniesota-modano.jpg

By the way, I didn't even point out that THE STAR IS LEANING THE WRONG WAY ON THE FRONT!!

The top of it is supposed to point to the right, running at the same angle as the arrow leading up to it, but they managed to put it on backwards so it leans to the left. <_<

Ha, that is a 6, that's always looked funny to me. I'd like to know why that stayed that way. That green North Stars jersey IMO, is one of the nicest looking ones of the vintage line. Its too bad the personalization came out like it did.

That Mrs. Modano in the pic? I heard that he was with Willa Ford.

Modano is married to Willa Ford, according to the picture that is her.

http://www.oddsnark.com/2007/09/14/dollar-...ith-willa-ford/

By the way, I didn't even point out that THE STAR IS LEANING THE WRONG WAY ON THE FRONT!!

The top of it is supposed to point to the right, running at the same angle as the arrow leading up to it, but they managed to put it on backwards so it leans to the left. <_<

That thing is all jacked up. I'm gonna take a look at mine and see if they did anything to it. I hadn't even noticed the star was wrong. The number always stuck out to me.