Your most expensive jersey...

JustAnothaVictim

I don't spend much on jerseys, I would rather have 10 second hand jerseys than one new one. I've been trying to get at least one from every NHL team. I live in New Zealand and there's not much on offer here. I browse the local auction site almost every day and have managed to get some good deals on there to the point where I have over 20 jerseys, all replica and only a couple with names/numbers. It's hard to get anything but a blank replica here... until last week when I spotted the first authentic I've ever seen here, which is apparently game worn . It started at only $5 but I battled it out with someone and won the jersey for just over $120. This is my most expensive jersey to date and I think it was a bargain. I haven't received it yet but I will post pictures when it arrives. Stay tuned Rangers fans :thumbsup:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one...

9091LemieuxSCFf.jpg

You should really get that thing cleaned. :D

Seriously though, that's an amazing piece. Well worth the small fortune it probably cost. Congrats.

You should really get that thing cleaned. :D

Seriously though, that's an amazing piece. Well worth the small fortune it probably cost. Congrats.

True that. Along with Brilliant!'s Colorado Rockies gamer there have been some really awesome jerseys being showcased on this forum recently!

My biggest single transaction was when Starter went under and Value City bought their inventory back in 1999. There was one store I stopped at after work and there was an entire wall of jerseys, authentics for $50 and replicas for $20. I think I put about $600 (or more, times were good) on my AmEx card and left with a big bag slung over my shoulder like a demented Santa Claus. Good times.

HA!! That's awesome! They probably thought you were crazy for buying so many lousy hockey jerseys and there you are scoring an amazing deal. Those were the ones with the bagged up nameplates inside too right?

HA!! That's awesome! They probably thought you were crazy for buying so many lousy hockey jerseys and there you are scoring an amazing deal. Those were the ones with the bagged up nameplates inside too right?

Correct. Most had nameplates. You and Jeff benefited from that.

• 1 month later...

$325 on a Game-Worn AND autographed 1996-97 IHL Eastern Conference All-Star Jersey of Michel Picard. I regret it slightly, because I could have gotten a Game-Worn Jiri Hudler Grand Rapids Griffins one for the same price or I could an even better gamer for that price these days. However, I do love the Picard jersey.

I paid $285 for my most expensive jersey, a Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby RBK EDGE authentic from SportsK. I really wanted an EDGE authentic and I know I may have overpaid a little, it's worth it. The jersey has the "Pittsburgh 250" patch and the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals patch sewn on, which was free with my order. Sid will be with the Penguins for a LONG time so the value of the jersey will be there.

Here's some pictures:

2711502930104971539gybYGg_th.jpg

2453981190104971539lDFqlk_th.jpg

My most expensive jersey was also a Crosby jersey. This one was from the 2007 NHL All Star game and cost me $204.95 from an Ebay win.

I think I'm gonna be regretting that one for a little while, but I really wanted that jersey. It was worth it.

Sheeeeesh a 42? Didn't know they made those.

Neither did I until I found this. Normally I get jerseys size 48 and up, but in this case I wasn't one to be picky

Where did you find this beauty?

I found it on eBay about 5 months ago. No one bid on it at $400, so i offered the seller the money and he took it.

For a while I was confused though. I didn't know what to think of it when I got it to be honest. I never knew Rawlings made jerseys.

I was hoping this was legit, but couldn't confirm. But then I saw a WHA Oilers gamer on someone's webshots album and it was a Rawlings. So I was happy, but I needed more.

Then came a trip to Chapters with my wife and it was then I picked up THN's "Greatest Jerseys" issue. And in those magic pages I saw a collection of WHA jerseys and the first thing I saw was that Rawlings neck tag. When I picked up my jaw from the floor, I saw what that neck tag was attached to and it was an Oilers away jersey. I had my proof that my jersey had some legitimacy to it. And the jersey in the pic looked like it was made of durene like mine was too!

Best $5.65 i ever spent! I saw a WHA gamer go for $800 on eBay a couple of weeks ago, once again, Rawlings neck tag in place and durene material.

So all in all, best pickup I'll ever have. I want to be buried in that jersey! Gretzky is not my fave player, Eric Lindros and Patrick Roy are, but a jersey like this of the greatest player there will ever be trumps all.

$325 on a Game-Worn AND autographed 1996-97 IHL Eastern Conference All-Star Jersey of Michel Picard. I regret it slightly, because I could have gotten a Game-Worn Jiri Hudler Grand Rapids Griffins one for the same price or I could an even better gamer for that price these days. However, I do love the Picard jersey.

I would love to see pics of that jersey, as Picard was my favorite Griffin along with Pokey Reddick. Also, that all star game was the first hockey game that I ever went to.

I found it on eBay about 5 months ago. No one bid on it at $400, so i offered the seller the money and he took it.

For a while I was confused though. I didn't know what to think of it when I got it to be honest. I never knew Rawlings made jerseys.

I was hoping this was legit, but couldn't confirm. But then I saw a WHA Oilers gamer on someone's webshots album and it was a Rawlings. So I was happy, but I needed more.

Then came a trip to Chapters with my wife and it was then I picked up THN's "Greatest Jerseys" issue. And in those magic pages I saw a collection of WHA jerseys and the first thing I saw was that Rawlings neck tag. When I picked up my jaw from the floor, I saw what that neck tag was attached to and it was an Oilers away jersey. I had my proof that my jersey had some legitimacy to it. And the jersey in the pic looked like it was made of durene like mine was too!

Best $5.65 i ever spent! I saw a WHA gamer go for $800 on eBay a couple of weeks ago, once again, Rawlings neck tag in place and durene material.

So all in all, best pickup I'll ever have. I want to be buried in that jersey! Gretzky is not my fave player, Eric Lindros and Patrick Roy are, but a jersey like this of the greatest player there will ever be trumps all.

Nice job man! You can always finds diamonds in the rough, and this amazing story proves it.

$595 on a Philadelphia Flyers 2008/2009 game worn Orange Third Set / Playoffs jersey. The first year the orange was bought back. Bought an authentic 1.0 that same year but was'nt good enough. Had to have the Orange 2.0. Now I'm having dreams about owning a winter classic game worn. Can''t touch one for less that $1250.00. Yikes!

Holy crap dude! That one is fantastic! Too bad they got smoked in that series.

lol, tell me about it...but i guess that's also what kept the price in a place where i could actually grab it

was that another series where the other team scored a controversial goal. Actually if I have my years right it shouldn't have been controversial as the puck went through the side of the net.

Just today I found out that my Holiest of Holy Grails, a George Morrison Minnesota Fighting Saints jersey was actually available for sale by a person I know, who I clearly told if he ever let it go to let me know, which he did without telling me.

For $3,500, I would have put it on the plastic and paid it off over the next 100 years, but it would have been mine.

This has just not been my week.