Your most expensive jersey...

JustAnothaVictim

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$250 on an Indianapolis Ice game worn jersey from 98-99 of Mike Vukonich, of course I bought half of it as I asked my parents to help me on the other half for my birthday present that year. Got it signed in 2002 by the man himself.

I recently bought a $135 Anaheim Ducks Authentic jersey and spent $130 on a Buffalo Sabres Curtis Brown jersey at the Sabres store in 2000. Those were my highest prices on any jerseys I've bought. I normally collect replicas so, I haven't spent too much on most all the jerseys in my collection except for the ones I mentioned.

I spent $325 incl shipping on my 1984 Gretzky All Star Authentic. The Auction ended very early in the morning for US and Canadian bidders, lucky for me. 2 bidders who missed the auction sent me offers via email and one of them offered $800 for the jersey

Most I've spent was roughly $330 for my Edge Home Black Lightning #19 Richards Authentic. Got it right here at icejerseys.com, with free shipping! It's not here yet, but I'm sure it'll be gorgeous, I've wanted a Brad jersey for many years now, I love the guy and the way he plays.

I actually haven't paid any more than standard(last year anyways) authentic prices off of IceJerseys.com so I guess it'd be $274. The majority of my jerseys were purchased off of eBay and many of them were steals.

I bid a shade over $800 on this style game worn Minnesota Gophers one year only throwback and did not win.

Then I got a offer some someone else to sell me this one for an even $800 outside of ebay, saving them all the fees. It was twice what I paid for any other jersey, having spent $400 two or three other times for a game worn jersey, like my game worn Minnesota Wild jersey since that was as cheap as they came, but this was a "grail" of mine. Being a one year only style, there are no more than 25-30 of them in the world.

I felt like I had gone over the top, but then I saw one sell on ebay not too long ago for $2100, so now I don't feel nearly as bad.

2347070450100337552PBXuNI_th.jpg 2553148680100337552QzLYjf_th.jpg

(click to see larger)

Other than game worn jerseys, I can't recall ever spending even $200 for one. I've certainly bid that much, but never was the winner that I can remember. I know I've spent $150 on things now and again, like my replica Cleveland Barons.

JeffB

Steve Rucchin Game Worn jersey. It was the jade jersey that was worn throughout the playoffs on their way to their first Stanley Cup Final. Paid $550 for it, I ordered it from Meigray right after Rucchin got the assist on the Game Winning Goal in the Third OT of Game 1 in the First Round.

I've been thinking about this and I don't really have one that stands out. Mainly because I prefer blanks. I have two Edge's, both Lake Erie Monsters, home (Saturday purchase) and road. But with my STH discount, I was under $200 tax in each.

In 1996 my LA Ice Dogs authentic cost $186, and I paid about the same for my first Coyotes road authentic in 1997, so with inflation, I guess they would cost more. I've been lucky, with Value City, and my trips to Toronto when the exchange rate was $1.60, not like now when the Can. $ is worth slightly more. Maybe that was why I couldn't pull the trigger on a CBJ Edge for $250 last month when I had the chance.

Of course you are not the only two crazy people, I mean we are all on a forum that is run by a jersey sales store. So of course we are all crazy for jerseys.

• 3 weeks later...

200 on a Vsetin Jiri Hudler game worn jersey. He only played 7 games that year because he went home due to his father being sick. I luckily got his attention at a AHL game and he gladly signed it for me.

• 1 year later...

BUMP! Its a tie $250 for an authentic Marcel Dionne '86 LA Kings jersey had to pay extra to get it customized correctly so total around $300

and

$250 for my Wendel Clark TBTC Leafs Jersey. That was a gift though :D

So far $325 for a game issued Colorado Avalanche 95-96 Warren Rychel. That will be so topped i'm buying a NJ Devils 83-84 home game worn with Meigray paperwork. I bought a game worn David Wright rookie for $800 but flipped it for $1500.

$295 for my Ash Goldie Long Beach Ice Dogs gamer. I could have gotten it for less, but at the time I didn't know that Meigray had sales all the time.

I paid $275 for my CCM Theo Fleury Calgary Flames Authentic size 54 with the Flaming Captains C

I have suspecions that it may be game-worn, but am unsure. There are a acouple of puck marks and board burns, along with a repair that looks like a 'team repair' its also a 54 which is what Fleury wore for his jerseys. I got it autographed a few months back, should of asked if it looked familar :rolleyes:

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg