Your most expensive jersey...

JustAnothaVictim

Just today I found out that my Holiest of Holy Grails, a George Morrison Minnesota Fighting Saints jersey was actually available for sale by a person I know, who I clearly told if he ever let it go to let me know, which he did without telling me.

For $3,500, I would have put it on the plastic and paid it off over the next 100 years, but it would have been mine.

This has just not been my week.

Oof man :( Sorry to hear that. Everyone has their misses, but then they get a hit of a lifetime. For every up there is a down, you'll find one someday I know you will.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1988 game worn Paul Coffey Pens jersey. I paid $400 at the time. One of the hardest jerseys for me to find was an authentic 93-94 blank Pens Road jersey. Once I found I had it customized with McSorley's name and number.

Edited by midd

• 4 weeks later...

:fight:

i went to the Lightning's "garage sale" after they won the cup in 2004 and they had the usual stuff there, sticks, pants, helmets etc... i had arrainged to come in a little early before they opened it up to the general public, and after picking up a few items for myself to wear playing, i also found a Dino Ciccarelli gamer helmet in the boxes of used lids... i then asked my "tour guide" if there were any jerseys available which i recieved a yes reply to... she took me to a room where they had some promotional items stored and there on the wall was a rack of jerseys.. i searched thru them and although most were replicas, which i don't collect, there were 15 gamers from various years.. most were of non-star players and i decided to buy them all (for $100 each)... i came home, put them on ebay and sold them all for a minimum of $150 each... i wasn't trying to gouge anyone, just passing on the deal that i had just recieved.. oh yeah, i did keep one of the bunch... a black Khabibulin gamer size 58G... i guess that makes up for the Indianapolis Racers Gretzky i "gave away" after he was sold to Edmonton.

:wacko:

Paid $500 for authentic. Nike Oilers - White / Gretzky 99 & paid $399 for authentic. CCM Kings - Black / Gretzky 99 both customized to Gretzky Game specs (double tags, velcro tuck sewn in the tale, accurate-font kits).

Well worth the price for such a rare item. My advice to other jersey collecters is that if you are in position to acquire a jersey that you as a kid always wanted but could never get, by all means spend as much as you can afford to buy it. because you will be satisfied 100% if you do.

Paid $500 for authentic. Nike Oilers - White / Gretzky 99 & paid $399 for authentic. CCM Kings - Black / Gretzky 99 both customized to Gretzky Game specs (double tags, velcro tuck sewn in the tale, accurate-font kits).

Well worth the price for such a rare item. My advice to other jersey collecters is that if you are in position to acquire a jersey that you as a kid always wanted but could never get, by all means spend as much as you can afford to buy it. because you will be satisfied 100% if you do.

Would you be willing to sell the Nike Oilers?