Does anyone know if the Devils ever clear out Jerseys?

architecht13

I'm originally from Jersey and haven't been home in 11 years. Kinda want a Devils jersey for the collection, but wanted to try and see if anyone knows if the Devils ever do a sale on their GI jerseys when a season is done. Since I need a 60, is that even a possibility with them? Or is the Baron the best way to go?

Everything devils usually goes through Meigray, I don't think the team ever sells issued jerseys themselves. And most of what they have is 58 or 58+, don't usually see the 60s there.

If a 58+ would work you could see what they'll do for you price wise, it's not like those are flying out of their warehouse. If you need a 60 the Barron would be the best/only option I think.

This would be nice if you were cool with a Schneider, it's not like there's a ton of current great players to choose from. It would only cost you ~$20 for a plate from EPS.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6780603&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4542&scId=4542

Edited by JoeM7392

Devils used to have an equipment sale every year in June that coincided with the draft party. However they have not had once since 2011. From what I've heard through the grapevine is that they have no plans to re-start that as it eventually became a zoo and they just didn't feel like dealing with it anymore.

The last year they had it I pulled a Kevin Dean preseason gamer and a couple of training camp gamers. Meigray has them all now.

The Baron has no 60's in stock. A GI from MeiGray is currently the only place I know of that has 58+ in stock. I just bought a red one.

Did he always have the size up on eBay? I remember you telling me he had no 60s but when I checked last night it said they were available there. Wonder if he just didn't update what he had and he is out of them or if he just re-stocked within the last few days.

It will be interesting to see what happens after this season, I suspect there will be lots of closeouts with this being the final year of the Reebok contact.

Maybe, but unlikely. I know for Meigray teams they keep their blank and GI stock at Meigray's warehouses. In fact Meigray has the team stock in their own area in the new warehouse (they did in the old one too) and there are hundreds of each of their teams sitting on the rack with the inventory tags and no customization. If anything, Meigray will either put these on their clearance rack once the Reebok contract runs out or possibly use them as the free jerseys as part of the price of admission to the expo. No way are the Devils themselves going to have these for sale.

Thank you all for your great responses. Once my Gold Kings jersey comes from the Baron and my Star Wars jersey comes from Geeky Jerseys, I'll see about doing one of these and a Victory Green Stars jersey as a two piece combo and then nothing for awhile since the GF will kill me.

Who knows, maybe my hiatus will end in time for the expansion to hit Vegas when I move back! It's looking really good for the city right now.

Did he always have the size up on eBay? I remember you telling me he had no 60s but when I checked last night it said they were available there. Wonder if he just didn't update what he had and he is out of them or if he just re-stocked within the last few days.

He had them up, but a few months ago they came off, he said they sold out. I bought a GI from MeiGray last Thursday, JB did not have them listed, but as I was not looking to pay his price, I didn't ask at that time.

Who was around when they made the switch to Reebok in 2007? What became of all the old Koho and CCM stock? Should we be lining up to get cheap 2.0s when Adidas arrives?

BTW. I just realized that I'm within 150 posts of 1,000. Expect a lot of one-word posts to help me reach the magic number.

Devils have been a Meigray team since 2003. Not sure/don't remember what happened to the old Koho/CCM stock as well as the Rebook 6100's. I know at the equipment sales in the past they used to have some regular season, but also a ton of training camp and pre-season jerseys and little to no blanks.

Could be a deal worked out where after a switch the old team stock can either be kept by the team or sold back to the manufacturer.

The switch still isn't for another year and a half nearly. If anything I wouldn't expect to see the 2.0s of most teams hitting blow out prices until nearly the end of the 2017 season

And, of course, if it's just an Adidas label where the Reebok label is, they may just sew them over and be done with it.

Was there a sale in vector 2.0s after the wordmark came out?

I don't remember any sale of Devils vectors when the wordmark came out. I think they probably either patch them over or return to Reebok for credit.

Yeah Rangers was mostly due to the loss of the program around 2010. Meigray used to have their old blank 1.0's as prizes for some of the raffles at their expo.

The honest answer to the thread title is, if they did, me and JoeM7392 would probably have cleaned them out already.

Haha, agreed! We would leave the gamers for the other guys though.

Yup, those are gross, dudes sweated in them!!

Marty sweat would make it the prize of your collection, no?

I will take the scent of sweat on gamers over the scent of Reebok child factory worker tears from fresh from the factory jerseys from JB.

I will take the scent of sweat on gamers over the scent of Reebok child factory worker tears from fresh from the factory jerseys from JB.

Edge 2.0 are made in Quebec. Pretty sure the kids there smoke while they're working.

I'd be able to begin the cloning experiments at least.

Dang it! I was going to suggest that is what it'd be used for, but I didn't want it to get all creepy haha!

Edited by architecht13

Is it looked down on to buy from him?

Dang it! I was going to suggest that is what it'd be used for, but I didn't want it to get all creepy haha!

I never hesitate to make it creepy.