Is getting a player invited to a team's rookie camp a foul?

mfitz804

I only ask since the Devils invited a guy with my last name this year. If he ever made the team, I might feel obligated.

I would say go for it, a quick Google search shows that they wear actual jerseys for those rookie camps. If the Jersey exists in an official team capacity it can't be a foul right?

He is looking at the Devils in particular, and for the last number of years Meigray hasn't gotten their rookie camp jerseys. Usually the Devils held onto those and sold some of them at their equipment sale, but they haven't had an equipment sale since 2011.

Edited by Devilsguy

I'd say if you buy a jersey, you an put whatever the hell you like onto it. It is yours. It's like buying a house and not painting the wall's blue because it's not neutral or whatever.

I have a red accent wall in my kitchen so I guess I am good to go.

It'll take a very nicely priced jersey for me to do it...shoulda bought one of those $99 game worn Volchenkov's and stripped it.

Or just buy the jersey in a year when Meigray offers it?

I don't collect game worns anyway, just authentics. Just figured it'd be cool to have one of the guy with my name.

shoulda bought one of those $99 game worn Volchenkov's and stripped it.

This makes me feel a lot better about something I'm going to be doing later today. Most people here aren't gonna like it.

Listen, I understand the "don't strip a gamer" mentality, but there's a big difference between a $99 MeiGray special that nobody wanted and, say, Martin Brodeur's 1995 Stanley Cup Finals jersey.

I may get and strip another game issued for this project, though I am not looking to sink $250 after customization into this one. May just stay patient, pick up the next available authentic regardless of if its an EDGE and go that way. After all, its a training camp jersey and I really don't care THAT much.

He is looking at the Devils in particular, and for the last number of years Meigray hasn't gotten their rookie camp jerseys. Usually the Devils held onto those and sold some of them at their equipment sale, but they haven't had an equipment sale since 2011.

Good point, forgot about that fact.

I get the mentality too, but if I can't get a blank or game issued to strip I'm not gonna lose sleep over it stripping a jersey of a dude nobody has ever heard of and played like 5 games in it. I'll post it in the arrivals thread later.

I guess the spirit of this thread applies pretty well. It's our jersey and we can do what we want with it. Still not gonna make other people like it, but I don't care.

Ugh now I am thinking about buying a Game Issued from MeiGray and stripping it. If I am ok with a vector, there is one I can get for $180 on the summer sale. That's actually more than I want to be into it for INCLUDING customizing.

I am considering whether a 6100 would bother me. Not accurate I know, but again, its the jersey of a guy who could be sharpening skates in a month.

Just googled him and he's got quite a hockey pedigree:

Father: Tom Fitzgerald
Brothers: Ryan Fitzgerald, Scott Fitzgerald
Cousins: Jimmy Hayes, Kevin Hayes, Keith Tkachuk, Matthew Tkachuk

Perhaps he may not be sharpening skates after all. But he still could be.

Edited by mfitz804

Thank you for not buying that Volchenkov and stripping it. As a game worn collector I would have cried.

I don't mind people stripping game issued jerseys. That doesn't bother me at all. However, stripping gamers I really can't stand for. Volchenkov is not a scrub player, he played 3.5 seasons with the Devils and more with the Senators. It's not that nobody wanted his jersey, but nobody wanted his jersey at THAT price as Meigray has them for $495-595. If they put them at $450 or 395 they would have moved, or even at the summer sale at being about half off. I have a Devils game worn Brian Sullivan jersey from the 1992-93 season with the 100 Cup patch and love it, even though he played 2 games in it. It was also recycled so even though he was a nobody that would have been a shame if someone stripped that jersey and re-customized it. Even these 1-game wonders have some history attached to it.

Also Volchenkov was $149 in the sale I believe. It was only the Carter, Fayne, and a couple of Zharkov's that were $99 from the Devils.

Well in a month he's going to be going to BC, so he won't be on the team this year anyways. I mean he may be sharpening skates on the side still though.

Thank you for not buying that Volchenkov and stripping it. As a game worn collector I would have cried.

I don't mind people stripping game issued jerseys. That doesn't bother me at all. However, stripping gamers I really can't stand for. Volchenkov is not a scrub player, he played 3.5 seasons with the Devils and more with the Senators. It's not that nobody wanted his jersey, but nobody wanted his jersey at THAT price as Meigray has them for $495-595. If they put them at $450 or 395 they would have moved, or even at the summer sale at being about half off. I have a Devils game worn Brian Sullivan jersey from the 1992-93 season with the 100 Cup patch and love it, even though he played 2 games in it. It was also recycled so even though he was a nobody that would have been a shame if someone stripped that jersey and re-customized it. Even these 1-game wonders have some history attached to it.

Also Volchenkov was $149 in the sale I believe. It was only the Carter, Fayne, and a couple of Zharkov's that were $99 from the Devils.

Ahh, correct, it was the Zharkov I was eyeing.

And I am glad I didn't make you cry.

Zharkov would have sucked too, but I am not losing sleep over it.

Still though just any game worn being stripped bothers me. Game issued go nuts lol.

I have only done a name bar replacement on a game worn with no marks on it. It wasn't a Devils though, it was a Ducks that went from being a Petr Schastlivy to a Scott Niedermayer. Clearly a huge improvement.

Game issueds, well, I have done a number of those.