Does this nameplate look right? Edge 2.0 Lundqvist from NHL Auctions

liquidice

I guess they couldn't be bothered to sew the numbers together for $400. That must have cost extra.

Not sure if I want to ask - what is wrong with the numbers?!?! Are the layers not done correctly?

I don't know if they're the exact size (the font looks good), but they look alright. Contact Brilliant, and he can easily do up a name plate for you.

As Brilliant mentioned earlier it appears from the pic that the numbers are not sewn together (red sewn to white) they appear to be heat pressed together. Then the white looks as it is sewn on to the back of the jersey. They should be sewn together then stitched on.

In case it was missed.

Also, not to derail, but just noticed this - "Sorry Sabres but you just got BabCOCK blocked."

Made my day :)

If anybody hasn't watched it yet have a look at the Q and A part of the Babcock press conference for when he was introduced as the Leafs coach. The Buffalo media guys were really butthurt over the whole thing. It was hilarious.

Guest Dr_Puck

If anybody hasn't watched it yet have a look at the Q and A part of the Babcock press conference for when he was introduced as the Leafs coach. The Buffalo media guys were really butthurt over the whole thing. It was hilarious.

Untill I moved to western NY, I didn't quite understand the level of despondency among Bills and Sabres fans. That carries over to the media, and members of the fourth estate aren't above trolling fans. This summer has only added to the (Buffa)woes.

So if I buy an Edge name plate from Jersey Baron or someone similar - is there someone that I could send the jersey to get the twill nameplate removed and the new one stitched on? I don't think there are any jersey customizers local that I would trust (I'm in the DC Metro area).

Brilliant - would you be able to do this if I sent it to you?

I think with the numbers, I am stuck with the way they are - probably not a huge deal if this jersey is hung up on a wall somewhere. Won't be buying anything except blanks from FrozenPond in the future though.

You may not be able to buy a nameplate for that one from a normal place since its arched. You may have to send it to somebody to have it done, or order an arched plate with the name already on it from a place like EPS and either attach it yourself or have somebody here do it.

And I agree with you on the numbers. Obviously you'd want them done correctly but I completely missed it the first time I looked at it. Some people have crazy eyes for detail like that but most people wouldn't notice. For a display jersey, you fix that nameplate and you're good to go. Get a nice shadow box for it or something.

Edited by JoeM7392

If your going to go through the trouble of having the nameplate removed and re-done just tell whomever's doing the work to sew the red layer of the numbers down.

The red threads will pass right over the autograph in some places, which might be objectionable.