ICEJERSEYS customization of my Malkin jersey

awoolwine86

A link to an auction or pictures of the jersey might be helpful.

I just got this jersey today. After looking at the numbers on the jersey I can't decide if I want to send it back. The picture on the website shows the numbers on Malkin's actual jersey. However, on the jersey I received I think the gap in the 7 is too wide and that the left point should be closer to the long part of 7. The gap in the 7 on the sleeve also looks to short. Thought/opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/eTnTl

I bought it blank and had them customize it. I don't believe they had Malkin available in the size I wanted at the time. One would assume that regardless if it's a player available or bought blank and customized, that there would be no difference.

I sent them an email. They have advised me to send it back to have changes made and assured me that they only use NHL team fonts.

I previously l purchased a jersey from them in January and they forgot to put the A on the front so that one had to be sent back as well.

I previously l purchased a jersey from them in January and they forgot to put the A on the front so that one had to be sent back as well.

Well based on your two experiences, sounds not so good...

Take it from me, you'd much prefer them forget to put the A on rather than put it on without you asking

For whatever reason Bobcat chose to put a C on my rare Stamkos Bolts alternate that has the vector logo... I stripped it off and now there's just the slightest blemish on the front of my jersey that will irk me forever

I bought it blank and had them customize it. I don't believe they had Malkin available in the size I wanted at the time. One would assume that regardless if it's a player available or bought blank and customized, that there would be no difference.

I sent them an email. They have advised me to send it back to have changes made and assured me that they only use NHL team fonts.

I'm curious to know how sending the jersey back works out for you. I recently got a Rangers Heritage jersey from them and the nameplate is way off. The numbers are probably not up to team specs but they look good enough to me. I was debating about getting in touch with Ice Jerseys about fixing the nameplate or just stripping it myself and having someone else put on a new, closer to correct one.

I have always had great experiences when contacting IceJerseys regarding correcting a customization error.

I'll keep you posted. It might be awhile since it takes about a week to clear customs. I am going to instruct them if that is the only font that is used for that jersey to send it back blank. I have contacted Pro Knitwear in PIttsburgh who does the actual on ice jerseys for the Pens.

I have not had a problem with customer service. I think they actually are top notch in that area They were more than willing to replace the 95 Penguins away jersey I ordered due to the lettering being off on the diagonal Pittsburgh. I believe that was manufacturing defect and IJ fault.

You'll be happy with Pro Knitwear. They do excellent work with a real quick turnaround time.

Been said million times already but if you want 100% accuracy you have to go to the team customizer.

Been said million times already but if you want 100% accuracy you have to go to the team customizer.

^ This.

Unfortunately it seems that often the "official" NHL fonts that are distributed to customizers are slightly off. My understanding is that many times the team customizer makes their own little tweaks that don't get carried forward in the fonts from Stahls etc. or whoever distributes them out. They are usually pretty close, but as TMLFan said, you want 100% go to the source.

Edited by akteon