Customizing a Ducks Authentic 20th Anniversary Jersey

thecapn

Hi all!

I've been a bit of a lurker of late, as I've decided to put a stop to my collecting for now. My wife threw me a surprise birthday party this weekend (for the big 3-0), and as a gift she got me an authentic 2.0 Edge 20th Anniversary Ducks Eggplant Throwback. She got it through jerseybaron on eBay, so I know it's real and that she spent a pretty penny on it.

Now, this is my first non-Capitals jersey, so I'm a little at a loss here as far as customization. I want it to be as perfect as it can be, of course. With my Caps jerseys, I've always just emailed Josh at EPS, bought the kit, then sent it all off to Brilliant! to get done up. But I know that the eggplant can be tough to match (in fact, it's interesting that the color of the back and front fabric is slightly different from the sleeves, so even Reebok had some trouble), and then there's the jade stitching to worry over too. I know that Monkey USED to do the Ducks on-ice jerseys, but I remember reading some horror stories about their eggplant fonts/colors, and they wouldn't have done the throwbacks anyway.

So, I guess my question is, what should I do to get it done up? Should I go my normal route, or should I try something else? Does anyone else have one, and what did you do?

Oh, and I definitely need this as a Selanne #8/A, in case anyone's wondering (unless anyone else has any great opinions)!

Thanks a bunch!

I've been looking to do the exact same jersey for a while now... trying to find the same info!

And I'd also like to do a Ducks third from last year... Selanne w/ C.

I think I may have answered my own question, dsl135! I found a thread where shandy_man mentioned he ordered kits from EPS for this jersey, and had them sewn...looks dynamite to me! I might PM him though to make sure. I'll let you know what he says.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6804#entry147163

Edited by thecapn

This guy Pete Polusky (petzberz on ebay) did a Selanne 3rd kit for me not too long ago. He said that he had access to the proper supplies for Ducks kits and made the kits himself. My kit turned out great so maybe you could shoot him an email and see if he can get you a kit. His email is inkjerseys@icloud.com