Question about Devils throwbacks ('Xmas' jerseys)

zooeyperry10

Those replicas are what they had available in the Devils Den at the arena. The authentics were in fact EDGE, but they never made Premier replicas in the retro colors.

A word of advice, the CCM replicas like the one pictured are cut kind of long. Not as long as Mitchell and Ness, but longer than they need to be.

Back in 2010 at the first retro game, the players wore the retro edge 1.0 jerseys. These were made in very limited quantities for retail and I haven't see one in a store since 2011. They pop up on eBay here and there but they are often hard to find. They never made a premier version of the retro jersey just the CCM vintage classics line that you see in stores. The other CCM replica brand is CCM vintage line that is very slightly different CCM vintage classics line by that the vintage classics tend to be better made, but they fit kinda long like the previous poster said.

When they played in the stadium series they did the same thing but they played in reebok edge 2.0 that was never sold for retail. The one one that has these is Jersey Baron on eBay and he is selling it for $375 each. As for the replicas they again never made premier versions of the throwback but only CCM vintage classics that you see in stores and is in the pictures in the links you provided.

That all said the only way you can get a reebok edge version of the devils throwback is either through Jersey Baron on eBay or if another seller on eBay who happened to sell his that he picked up a few years ago.

Yes the 1.0s are even harder to find than the 2.0, which are already impossible outside of Jersey Baron. Not sure why they don't go ahead and stock those at least online, most Devils fans I know would buy one.

Someone had an improperly customized brodeur 1.0 throwback on eBay a month or so ago asking for $350. Looks like he got it.

I actually got my 1.0 at Hockey Monkey in woodbridge, NJ back about a year after the first retro game. They had them on a clearance rack for $150 each and got one. Haven't see any since.

From what I understand all the edge devils throwbacks are 1.0. The label on it was listed as a 1.0 and the only throwback 2.0 was the stadium series.

My 2.0 is team issued so that may be the discrepancy. It's definitely a 2.0, same as the SS but vector instead of wordmark and no SS patch.

I have a 1.0 customized as Parise from that initial batch.

Got it from River City.

That's the thing I only think they made one batch of the vector throwbacks and they are 1.0's but look a little like 2.0's. I don't remember them releasing another batch for the other retro nights after 2010.

If you mean getting a current player like jagr on the CCM replicas (aka vintage classic line) then I don't think it's really a jersey foul since they never released a premier version of the throwbacks.

I agree. There's a very similar situation with the Kings purple throwback, where Reebok never produced any Premier replicas in this design. The only authentics you could get were a small handful of 1.0's made years ago (I have one), and currently 2.0's made only through special order (like through JerseyBaron). The only replicas you can get are from the same CCM Vintage Classics series, and you see a lot of these at the games, done up with current players. I don't think anyone gives a second thought about these being fouls, especially since they are the only officially-licensed replicas you can get.

You can look at those ccm vintage replicas like some of the WC jerseys when it comes to replicas since most years, replicas were made as CCM 550 cut and materials on the replicas. IMO, not a foul.