Lemieux Yellow Penguins jersey

jdt

Hi all,

Just curious, but did Lemieux ever wear that ugly yellow Penguins jersey from 83, perhaps in the preseason? The unofficial NHL uniform database says 'No' but I've seen pictures of him in it. Some insight would be welcome, really curious about this.

Thanks,

J

Hi all,

Just curious, but did Lemieux ever wear that ugly yellow Penguins jersey from 83, perhaps in the preseason? The unofficial NHL uniform database says 'No' but I've seen pictures of him in it. Some insight would be welcome, really curious about this.

Thanks,

J

Forgive me, but if you've seen pictures of him wearing it, isn't that proof enough?

Forgive me, but if you've seen pictures of him wearing it, isn't that proof enough?

I was thinking the same thing.

That jersey was only worn during Sunday home games, I do believe. Although, I'm sure someone will come along with more accurate info

I've heard many times that that jersey was last used in the 1984 preseason, when Lemieux was a rookie. So the photos you've seen of him are probably from the preseason, as the jersey was not used during the regular 1984/85 season.

Thanks for the info guys, I see it for sale all the time, but I didn't want to spend on a jersey that was only worn in preseason, etc.

I'm still trying to find my whale, the 1996 Penguins 3rd CCM authentic, but they seem to be impossible to find, game worn or other.

You may want to try contacting Casey Samuelson (username here is PenguinsChronicles.com), to see if he has any for sale. I just bought this one from him a few months ago:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6079&p=133764

You can see the whole collection of alternate gamers on his website:

http://www.penguinschronicles.com/19951996/jerseys.html

Nice, thanks for the information. I prefer non-gamers, (I know weird), but were these available (CCM) in stores at all? I've looked around and have gotten conflicting information, although everyone seems to have a Starter version of some kind for sale.

CCM ones were never retailed. I chanced across a blank one on here a few years ago and jumped on it. They pop up every little while on ebay but usually go for a mint.

CCM authentics were never sold at retail. Only way to get one is getting a gamer.

It was indeed used for pre-season 1984-85. Here's a snap from one of the pre-season games versus the Habs.

524964_10151202397630849_1095994717_n.jp

If you're planning a Lemieux collection, then a pre-season replica would be an ideal addition - just my opinion.

CCM authentics were never sold at retail. Only way to get one is getting a gamer.

Interesting..

I bought a CCM Pens Alt off of E-bay a few years ago, it had some random #'s and no name so I stripped it and made it in to a Wregget

It didn't show any signs of game wear.

I knew they were hard to come by and now am even happier to have it in my collection.