Reebok jersey tags

joe092690

Hey guys, I just have a small question in regards to NHL Premier jerseys that Reebok started making in 07-08. Do tags on the Reebok jerseys differ from season-to-season for the Premier jerseys? For example, I am starting a collection of Premier jerseys (I know most of you collect authentics but I'm asking about the replicas here). The jersey I'm looking to get is an 07-08 Anaheim Ducks Chris Pronger Premier home jersey complete with the "C" patch. I plan on buying all blank jerseys and sending them in to each team's customizer to get it customized with my desired player name and number. Now, in regards to purchasing the jersey, what should the neck tag say for an 07-08 Ducks home jersey? Where should it say the jersey was made? Should it say the size in regards to numbers or S, M, L, etc.? Does information on the tag change from season to season or does it stay the same, where I'd be okay just buying a Ducks home jersey as long as it matched with the Reebok vector? I want these to be 100% accurate so if the neck tags matter, please tell me any differences I should know about.

Also, why do some Reebok jerseys I've seen have CCM tags inside the neck? I always have wondered about this as well, since I thought CCM and Reebok were different companies and I thought CCM's name wouldn't be on anything past 06-07, which was the last season they did NHL jerseys. Some of the Reebok era jerseys I see have the CCM tags inside the neck and others don't. Why is this was the CCM tag only on the Reebok jerseys for specific years?

Sorry if it sounds confusing, hopefully I can get some answers. I'm OCD when it comes to my jerseys and want them to be 100% precise and accurate, so let me know how far into the tags I should read into. Maybe the tags are the same year after year, for every team, and I'm just making this a big deal for nothing. Basically I'm looking for a timeline for what jersey tags should look like starting in 07-08 to present, if you will.

Reebok owns CCM. They bought The Hockey Company which owned CCM and Koho in 2004. Authentics began being branded as Reebok in 2005-06, but replicas remained CCM branded until 2007-08 when the Edge/Premier jerseys came out. CCM still appears on size tags on Edge jerseys.

Reebok owns CCM. They bought The Hockey Company which owned CCM and Koho in 2004. Authentics began being branded as Reebok in 2005-06, but replicas remained CCM branded until 2007-08 when the Edge/Premier jerseys came out. CCM still appears on size tags on Edge jerseys.

Actually, adidas own (owns, owns) it all, CCM and Reebok.

I guess what I'm asking is when making a collection, what do you look for as far as the neck tags to identify that the jersey matches when the player played for the team, if anything? By looking at a vector Ducks home jersey neck tag, is there any way to tell "this jersey is from 07-08 so it matches when Pronger played there" or am I reading too far into this and the tags not matter as long as the jersey matches what the player wore?

Again, I'm looking for answers solely about the Premier ones, not the Edge jerseys.

I own a total of 2 Premiers, and never having taken the time to research replica tags, I unfortunately could not answer your first question about tag variation over the years. No disrespect intended, but I guess I'm not sure why you would be concerned about this if you are collecting only Premiers. For those of us who collect authentics, we are concerned about matching brand logos and/or tags simply because we are trying to replicate something real, that is, an actual on-ice jersey worn by a player during a specific time period. Since Premiers (or any replica for that matter) are inaccurate copies of the player-worn jerseys, which no player ever wears in games, it seems to me you are trying to be "100% accurate" to something that does not even exist. By its very nature the Premier is inaccurate with respect to materials and construction compared to the Edge, so does it really matter what the tags look like, if everything else in the jersey is "wrong"? Just my 2 cents, and I hope I have not offended you.

Akteon perfectly explained why the CCM name appears on some Reebok tags. The only thing that I would clarify, as a result of my own observations, is that "CCM" no longer appears on NHL Edge size tags. As far as I know, the last time the CCM name appeared on Edge size tags was on retail 1.0's manufactured toward the end of 2010, in the last year that 1.0's were produced for retail. After the 1.0 was discontinued for retail, it was replaced by the Indo-Edge, which of course did not have any neck tags. As far as 2.0 gamers go, the 2010-11 season is when the CCM size tag started to be replaced with a similar-looking tag that did not have the CCM logo. I'm not saying that no gamers after 2010-11 had CCM tags, since some jerseys may have been recycled, but I am pretty sure that team-issued 2.0's won't have the CCM size tag if they were manufactured after the 2010-11 season. I also have not seen the CCM tag on any of the new retail 2.0's that we are buying currently.

I own a total of 2 Premiers, and never having taken the time to research replica tags, I unfortunately could not answer your first question about tag variation over the years. No disrespect intended, but I guess I'm not sure why you would be concerned about this if you are collecting only Premiers. For those of us who collect authentics, we are concerned about matching brand logos and/or tags simply because we are trying to replicate something real, that is, an actual on-ice jersey worn by a player during a specific time period. Since Premiers (or any replica for that matter) are inaccurate copies of the player-worn jerseys, which no player ever wears in games, it seems to me you are trying to be "100% accurate" to something that does not even exist. By its very nature the Premier is inaccurate with respect to materials and construction compared to the Edge, so does it really matter what the tags look like, if everything else in the jersey is "wrong"? Just my 2 cents, and I hope I have not offended you.

Akteon perfectly explained why the CCM name appears on some Reebok tags. The only thing that I would clarify, as a result of my own observations, is that "CCM" no longer appears on Edge size tags. As far as I know, the last time the CCM name appeared on Edge size tags was on retail 1.0's manufactured toward the end of 2010, in the last year that 1.0's were produced for retail. After the 1.0 was discontinued for retail, it was replaced by the Indo-Edge, which of course did not have any neck tags. As far as 2.0 gamers go, the 2010-11 season is when the CCM size tag started to be replaced with a similar-looking tag that did not have the CCM logo. I'm not saying that no gamers after 2010-11 had CCM tags, since some jerseys may have been recycled, but I am pretty sure that team-issued 2.0's won't have the CCM size tag if they were manufactured after the 2010-11 season. I also have not seen the CCM tag on any of the new retail 2.0's that we are buying currently.

While I do understand what you are trying to say, Replicas are officially licensed and aren't fake counterfeits, no? They are simply the "replica" of what the players wear on ice, a more affordable option for some. I'm not asking to be accurate to Authentics or gamers; if I was I'd be buying those if I could afford them. I'm just asking for a timeline for the Premier jersey. While they aren't authentic, they can't be on-ice accurate, I get that. But they can still be accurate, in the criteria of a Premier. Just because the Replicas are simply that, replicas, why can't they be accurate in terms of a correctly customized Replica jersey?

To be fair, you can get blank authentics for relatively cheap, if you look around.

Unfortunately, I'm in your position of having to buy Premiers, but for Christmas 2012, I was able to track down a Pittsburgh Penguins EDGE powder blue alternate, blank. Actually, a member here helped me out. I got a great deal on the jersey, then spent about $80ish to have it customized to on-ice specs.

There really is no comparison between EDGEs and Premiers. When you hold both, you can tell the difference. It's very noticeable.

...am I reading too far into this and the tags not matter as long as the jersey matches what the player wore?

...and I'm just making this a big deal for nothing.

I think you yourself said it best there. :)

I believe the answer to your question, since you are only interested in Premiers, is that the only thing that would change is the Reebok wordmark instead of the Vector logo below the neck on the back of the jersey.

This was changed in 2011-12 in the NHL, so if you are making any jersey for that season or after, it should have the wordmark, not the Vector.

^ What he wants to know is if the neck tags are different. I've just realized that there was a change in Premier neck tags, just like there was for the retail Edge. The earliest Edges had the "Rbk"/vector logo on the neck tag, then around 2008 you started to see neck tags with the Reebok wordmark logo (no vector). It appears that the earlier Premiers also had a neck tag with "Rbk"/vector + "CCM," and these were also replaced by a similar tag with the "Reebok" wordmark on it. I don't know exactly when the Premier wordmark neck tags appeared, but I assume it was also around 2008 when the Edge tags changed as well. I should also mention that the jock tag on the front of the jersey also came in 2 different types, one with "Rbk"/vector and the other with "Reebok," that mirrored the neck tags.

Early Premier neck tag:

image_zpsff975b07.jpg

More recent tag:

image_zpsaa90a3d7.jpg

If I were collecting Premiers, for the sake of accuracy I still personally wouldn't care which neck tag or jock tag the jersey came with, as long as it was the right model and the customization was good- the gameworn that you're trying to replicate didn't have brand neck tags or jock tags anyway, so for me it's a moot point.

^ What he wants to know is if the neck tags are different. I've just realized that there was a change in Premier neck tags, just like there was for the retail Edge. The earliest Edges had the "Rbk"/vector logo on the neck tag, then around 2008 you started to see neck tags with the Reebok wordmark logo (no vector). It appears that the earlier Premiers also had a neck tag with "Rbk"/vector + "CCM," and these were also replaced by a similar tag with the "Reebok" wordmark on it. I don't know exactly when the Premier wordmark neck tags appeared, but I assume it was also around 2008 when the Edge tags changed as well. I should also mention that the jock tag on the front of the jersey also came in 2 different types, one with "Rbk"/vector and the other with "Reebok," that mirrored the neck tags.

If I were collecting Premiers, for the sake of accuracy I still personally wouldn't care which neck tag or jock tag the jersey came with, as long as it was the right model and the customization was good- the gameworn that you're trying to replicate didn't have brand neck tags or jock tags anyway, so for me it's a moot point.

Good point. However, what do you mean by right model? You mean vector/wordmark?

This is kind of what I was looking for. Are we assuming the second picture is 11-12 and beyond? The purpose of this question was basically to pinpoint what the tags should look like for each season, if they differed at all. You said that did slightly so I'd still like someone to confirm what the tags for each season (or seasons if they don't change every single year) should be. Or, if you guys say the tags don't matter at all, maybe I can be satisfied.

Also, where should a Premier neck tag say the jersey was made? Just Indonesia? Or were they made in other places in earlier seasons? A lot of the jerseys I see sold today say Made In Indonesia but I'm not positive of ones from 07-08, 08-09, etc. which were a number of years ago.

Yea, the tags in a Premier really won't matter.

All you should really be worried about is Vector/Wordmark to match whatever season you're trying to replicate.

• 3 weeks later...

Who is going to see the neck tag when you're wearing it? As others have already stated, the Premiers are not even close to being "replicas" anyway. The neck tagging would be the least of my concerns. If you can get past the fact that your jersey has a giant jock tag sewn on the front hem and the Reebok logo sewn in the sleeve, the neck tag shouldn't be an issue.