HERITAGE/OUTDOOR jersey discrepancy

FOOTCAKE

hey guys, first off, i do apologize if this topic has already been brought up, as i was unable to find it.

does anyone know why, the first run of production for heritage classic jerseys [for example that i know of, the millionaires jersey] retail authentics and premier jerseys has the name font and number made out of the "felt"-like material like that of the front of jersey?

WHILE gamers and subsequently, second production runs of the jerseys used stretched twill like what was used for their home/away jerseys?

these productions were both coming from out local team store and as well from the NHL store, with inaccurate font designs and measurements.

if anyone can shed some light on this, would be great

thanks guys!

I was a victim of this. The numbers on the back of my 2.0 Heritage that I had customized by the official team customizer were too small and not positioned properly. When I took it back to CT Center, the manager there told me this was done purposefully to make the game-worn jerseys even more special/rare when they are eventually put up for sale. I was so upset that he told me he will hold on to the jersey and see if he can make a special exception and have mine re-done or corrected with correctly sized back numbers. I dropped my jersey off Jan 21st...yet to hear back so far.

heritage202_zpsd33c4288.jpg

Jason%20Spezza%203_slide.jpg

I was a victim of this. The numbers on the back of my 2.0 Heritage that I had customized by the official team customizer were too small and not positioned properly. When I took it back to CT Center, the manager there told me this was done purposefully to make the game-worn jerseys even more special/rare when they are eventually put up for sale. I was so upset that he told me he will hold on to the jersey and see if he can make a special exception and have mine re-done or corrected with correctly sized back numbers. I dropped my jersey off Jan 21st...yet to hear back so far.

OK you need to go back there and tell those jackasses to do your jersey properly NOW or give you a new blank jersey if they won't fix yours. Completely unacceptable to purposely not make it to team specs without informing you first.

The customizer probably effed up and then sold you a story to try to cover his Arse when presenting it to you. Yeah I would def march back there to get some answers (as well as either your money back or a new shirt).

OK you need to go back there and tell those jackasses to do your jersey properly NOW or give you a new blank jersey if they won't fix yours. Completely unacceptable to purposely not make it to team specs without informing you first.

Agreed, you need to demand a refund on customizing price and have them do it right, or a new blank jersey. That's ridiculous. Customizers can get away with murder because where else can diehards like us take our jerseys? If i spewed some bulls*** like that to one of my customers, I'd expect to never hear from that customer again.

Just for some clarification, I'm pretty sure the poster above got his jersey from the OFFICIAL Senators store......which makes it all the more insane that they would do that.

There were a lot of issues with the heritage jerseys. People who ordered "Pro-stitched" Premier jerseys from the Sens official website were complaining that they received felt letters that weren't stitched but instead heat pressed to the jersey.

My assumption would be that they mass produced the letters and numbers, and it was easier to use the old font that your average fan would not notice a difference than to update it to the new elongated font.

If he is not able to get a new one done up, would it be worth trying to strip it and re-do?

I've not stripped an Edge yet, so I'm curious about how "clean" they are after a strip

Its pretty easy. Ive stripped just about every team/type of jersey and edge 2.0's are the easiest. Minus the Ducks, Ducks jerseys leave a lot of residue. But anywho, I would not be stripping a $300+ jersey because the official team store purposely didn't give me what will be worn on the ice. That's not right, and than to come out and tell the OP they did that on purpose is crazy.

If he is not able to get a new one done up, would it be worth trying to strip it and re-do?

I've not stripped an Edge yet, so I'm curious about how "clean" they are after a strip

Seriously, if I was him I'd take the jersey back and plop it on their desk, counter, whatever and say I'll be back tomorrow to pick up the jersey done properly. If it wasn't done when I went back or they didn't have a new jersey waiting for me I would plaster the story all over facebook, twitter, etc. Also, when I went back I would have a magnifying glass with me to make sure there was no evidence of anything being re-done.

Seriously, if I was him I'd take the jersey back and plop it on their desk, counter, whatever and say I'll be back tomorrow to pick up the jersey done properly. If it wasn't done when I went back or they didn't have a new jersey waiting for me I would plaster the story all over facebook, twitter, etc. Also, when I went back I would have a magnifying glass with me to make sure there was no evidence of anything being re-done.

Oh trust me, i'm taking printed pictures with me whenever it is they call me to go pick it up.