Help in Setting a Value for a Jersey

IBleedUnionBlue

Your primary main objective (after destroying the evil power), is to certify whether that shirt is game-worn or a lettered team-stock shirt that's been worn by someone else. There is a league of difference between the two.

Or, if you're feeling bold, toss it up in an eBay auction and see what it goes for.

I'm not a Blue Jackets expert, but I believe that gameworns during the Reebok 6100 years had a screened set tag in the hem. Without that and with no other provenance, I would not assume the jersey to be more than a customized team-issued authentic.

Check the size of the jersey compared to other known game worn Foote jerseys, especially those in the same era. If it's a different size, you know it's just a pro-stock/team issue jersey customized as Foote after the fact. If it's the same size, you still will need to do some more digging to see how common it was for there to not be a set tag etc. before you can even assume it was actually worn.

I'm not a Blue Jackets expert, but I believe that gameworns during the Reebok 6100 years had a screened set tag in the hem. Without that and with no other provenance, I would not assume the jersey to be more than a customized team-issued authentic.

And it would appear Foote's jerseys may have been specific to him -

9141bf59435a99042ce7e2ba2412_5-vi.jpg

I know nothing about CB jerseys, but we've got a few experts here who could probably chime in.

More info might help as well - why do you think it's a gamer/how was it obtained?

Without knowing if it's a gamer or not, it's hard to answer your question. They're asking $800 here -

http://www.gameworn-jerseys.net/nhl/columbus-blue-jackets/102/adam-foote-2005-2006-columbus-blue-jackets

But that might be pretty high considering this one sold for $300 -

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2006_07_Adam_Foote_Blue_Jackets_Game_Worn_Jersey_Garth_Brooks_Teammates_for_Kids_Foundation_Letter-1417-35.html

If it's just a retail, $50-100 to the right buyer(?)

And it would appear Foote's jerseys may have been specific to him-

I think the fight strap "tagging" was only on the 2006-07's; the 2005-06's didn't have them.

Shows wear = Worn in a game

A game

Some game

By someone

They did have at least one year with no tagging. I have a Malhotra third jersey, same style with no tagging that I got from Wooten and trust to be game worn.

So he went from not knowing what it was to putting it up on eBay as a Gamer for $500. blink.gif

http://r.ebay.com/wCNWYS

Wow. Didn't see that coming...

He changed the price in the auction it now shows $350 OBO