What year did Fedorov start wearing the A?

lfcjari37

Just wondering if anyone knows when the Red Wings gave him an A? If it was 92/93 I was considering getting a Stanley Cup 100 year patch. Thanks in advance.

I don't think it was until quite a bit later, probably 1994-95.

Other than maybe during the odd preseason game, Fedorov started wearing the "A" regularly after Chiasson and Probert both left the Wings after the 93/94 season. In 92/93, the "A's" were Probert and Gallant, with Chiasson or Howe typically wearing one if either were out of the lineup. In 93/94, after Coffey joined late the year before, he started wearing the "A" along with either Chiasson or Probert or both when Yzerman was out injured for a while that year. In 94/95 & 95/96, the "A's" were Coffey and Fedorov, then Shanahan wore the "A" when he arrived and Coffey left in early 96/97. Fedorov kept the "A" through 96/97, but lost it in favor of Lidstrom when he held out at the beginning of the 97/98 season. So, Fedorov reguarly wore the "A" 94/95 thru 96/97 -

Hope this helps -

If you want to put a patch on there, get a 1995 Stanley Cup patch, or better yet, a 1997 Stanley Cup patch.

SergeiFedorov-Wings-jpg_222314.jpg

I have one of those hats, but you can't have it.

Oh and another thing, I had to check which manufacturers the Wings used --

CCM: until 95-96

Nike: 96-97 until 98-99

oh.

Id have to get a 95 SCF patch for it then as its a ccm jersey. Whether id want a patch commemorating a 4-0 drubbing is open to conjecture :)

Ahh, 1995, the good ol' days...lol.

I had one Jersey with the SCF patch from each Devils win...I later decided to add the two they,lost as well. Partially just because it was an excuse to buy more Jerseys.