What do you collect?

StayFrosty

I think my signature will give you an indication

1. My all time faves are Eric Lindros and Patrick Roy, so I try to amass every type of jersey they wore throughout their careers

2. I am a goalie, so I also collect goalie jerseys

3. I also try to get first game jerseys of some NHL stars

4 Living in the suburbs of Toronto my whole life....I collect Leafs jerseys

5. Not related to hockey, my fave football (soccer) team is AC Milan, so I collect any jersey they wore in seasons they won the Serie A (Italian championship) and UEFA European Cup/Champions League

6. My family is from Cosenza, Italy, so I also collect shirts from that local soccer club as well

that's pretty much it....

I stick with the Rangers or Rangers-related international jerseys. I have a Team USA Callahan and a Team Sweden Lundqvist, but everything else is actual Rangers. Same with baseball, Yankees only though I do own a Mets jersey that I'm in the process of stripping. I'm getting out of the jersey game for a while though, I'm trying to get back into some other things and jerseys are going to have to take a back seat for a while. I may buy one more Saints jersey, but after that I'm done buying for at least a couple years.

When I was young, I collected comics first, mostly X-Men and Avengers. Got into cards, mostly baseball and hockey before the hobby went down the tubes. Then nothing for awhile, mostly cuz I was spending money partying.

I got really into jerseys about a dozen years ago, started with Manchester United jerseys since they're my favourite sports team. But since then, got really into hockey and baseball, some basketball and football as well. Now I have over 300 jerseys. I don't really have any particular focus beside MU, I just buy jerseys and get them lettered up with players that I like, past and present. I really like getting jerseys of players that I admired growing up, which was the 80s.

Around the same time as the jerseys, I started to buy bobbleheads and McFarlane's figures. This expanded to Marvel and DC statues, and now PVC Anime figures. Now that I think about it, if I didn't spend my money on these things, I probably could have purchased the Range Rover that I wanted.

Nothing wrong with collecting action figures. I'm 28 and I still buy a few, and display them. But my collection isn't huge since I've always been selling and trading them as I've went a long.

BTW, I am now getting into these:

http://www.hhof.com:9880/cyberstore/product.php?id_product=2306

I'm really excited about it. Waiting for my first order to arrive. I think I'll collect Cups for the years 1980 and up.

Those ones are supposed to be really metallic and heavy too.

Jerseys may take a back seat to this for a while, but in the summer I still want to get an authentic or gamer of the Oilers current Away jerseys.

Those mini-Cups are pretty nice. I am looking to get a 2' tall replica Cup and get some autos on it. I forgot to mention I collect autographs as well, baseballs, sticks, jerseys, kicks.

Those mini-Cups are pretty nice. I am looking to get a 2' tall replica Cup and get some autos on it. I forgot to mention I collect autographs as well, baseballs, sticks, jerseys, kicks.

Oh, have you seen?

http://www.hhof.com:9880/cyberstore/product.php?id_product=2230

Good deal. I'll probably get one some day.

Frozen pond has them as well they have come down in Price

Oh, have you seen?

http://www.hhof.com:9880/cyberstore/product.php?id_product=2230

Good deal. I'll probably get one some day.

Frozen Pond used to sell them for $250 I think, and it would sell out quickly. I've seen quite a few guys in Toronto bring it to the shows and signings, and it's pretty cool to have guys who have won the Cup sign it.

The only jerseys I refuse to have in my collection are Maple Leaf jerseys.

Otherwise, I love all teams and designs. I'm more into teams third or full coloured jerseys, rather than the white (current away) designs.

I collect any jerseys I can get my hands on for a decent price. Mainly CCM or older makes.

I'd love to get some RBK jerseys, but at 100 dollars for the cheapest versions they are far too expensive for my liking (which in this hobby where people shell out hundreds for some awesome authentics, 100 dollars being too much might sound laughable).....although I might crack and pick up a Senator's heritage jersey.

your collection and interests will constantly change and evolve as you go along. you'll get one jersey and fall in love with it and it will take you off in another direction. that's how it stays fresh. it's a great feeling to complete one particular collection tho. for me It was getting an authentic jersey for every player on the 94 cup team. that's how my collection started. once I completed that I branched off into other things. one thing I would recommend is to try and collect jerseys that are somewhat rare and not easy to come across. part of the fun is scouring eBay every night before bed and hunting through the trading post every day trying to find something you're looking for. if all you had to do was walk to the store and buy the jerseys a couple times a week what fun would that be?

your collection and interests will constantly change and evolve as you go along.

I think collecting anything is like a drug.

In the context of hockey jerseys. What I mean is, you start out getting a big thrill from finding an old polyester CCM Jersey of your favorite player locally for 30 bucks. Then after collecting for a few years, in order to get the same thrill you're going to need a Wayne Gretzky Oilers jersey that he wore while conceiving his first child. (With the stains photo matched to ensure authenticity).

I think collecting anything is like a drug.

In the context of hockey jerseys. What I mean is, you start out getting a big thrill from finding an old polyester CCM Jersey of your favorite player locally for 30 bucks. Then after collecting for a few years, in order to get the same thrill you're going to need a Wayne Gretzky Oilers jersey that he wore while conceiving his first child. (With the stains photo matched to ensure authenticity).

You would certainly have to think hard about washing that one having acquired it i'd say!

It started out as Blackhawks and Blackhawks-related (authentics + replicas), but now it's Blackhawks, authentic and game issued / game worn jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

I collect enforcers & fighters - started out with authentics & authentically-lettered replica jerseys back in the early 1990's and then moved into gameworn jerseys in the late 1990's. I do have at least one enforcer authentic or authentically-lettered replica for each team that has existed since 1990 and for most teams many more than one, at least one enforcer authentic or authentically-lettered replica for every 3rd jersey made since the initial wave of them in 1995, and now have at least one enforcer gameworn jersey for every current NHL team. Also collect g/u enforcer sticks, gloves, helmets & equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

I collect NHL/AHL jersey from all French born player like Huet, DaCosta or Roussel because i'm French I think :lol:

And the toronto maple leafs jersey too

My collection is a clusterfuck, because I'm cheap. I do plan on changing the focus though. Right now it is also almost all replicas.

I've got blank CCM Flames Habs and Oilers home jerseys, bought for 10 bucks each, picked up a cheap Bruins Winter Classic, and Leafs no stripe edge jersey.

Got the habs signed by Lafleur, so that made that worth it, but for named jerseys, I have an autod Schenn Leafs (Gift jersey), a Bruins Seguin jersey (He was one of my favorite jr players, although im tempted to strip it now) a Naslund Nucks Jersey (Big nucks fan) as well as a Schneider Nucks Jersey. Non NHL i have a Hiadlovsky Edinburgh Capitals jersey, a game worn Ashley Calvert ECaps jersey, and a blank Victoria Royals and Salmon Kings jerseys.

How I think i'll focus the collection though, is go after Victoria Royals Alumni. (As a Canucks Fan, this might kill me though, as Kanzig is a drafted Flame). Im only 17, so i have time to make up my mind.

This looks like a good spot for my first post.

Being a New Jersey Devils fan, I have set out to collect at least one jersey (non game-worns) from each incarnation (Scouts, Rockies, Devils vintage, Devils current), one from each Devils minor league affiliate (Mariners, Utica, Albany River Rats, Lowell, Albany Devils, and for kicks, Trenton Devils), one from each player with a retired number (Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer), and one from each Stanley Cup appearance (1995, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2012).

For the Devils jerseys, some cover multiple categories (i.e. a Niedermayer in the vintage colors covers two. Stevens 2000 Stanley Cup jersey as well).

I only really set out to do this after I realized I already owned most of them by accident, just picking them up over the years.

So far its going great. Some are authentics, some are official replicas, some are custom built replicas.

So I have a lot of black and red in my closet.

I only collect Vancouver Canucks game worn jerseys and authentic jerseys. I have 2 replicas as well but I hope to get some more authentics soon! However, I would love to buy one of those awesome LA Kings purple and gold throwback jerseys

• 5 months later...

Since this became a thread not just about jerseys, but all sorts of collections, specifically hockey, I thought I'd share this collection I started to commemorate the Stanley Cup every year.

100_4943.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/5c7g3uuw3/100_4943.jpg

These Cups have weight to them and aren't cheap either.

The medallions are glued or wired on securely, and they are awesome.

Some pics of the non-jersey memorabilia in the collection, almost all of it is in my basement/cave -

275 g/u sticks, 52 pairs g/u gloves, 13 g/w helmets, pr. of Bob Probert's g/u elbow pads, pr. of Scott Parker's g/u pants, Mike Brown's g/u skates and g/u socks of Ken Daneyko & Sandy McCarthy displayed in the basement -

006_zpsfe6700d3.jpg

007_zps82f13991.jpg

GamewornMitts2_zpseabf6c42.jpg

GamewornMitts1_zps0373f7be.jpg

GamewornMitts3_zps961f98bd.jpg

ProbertElbowPads1001_zps76a87f5d.jpg

GamewornMitts4_zpsbf9a2701.jpg

GameusedSticks3_zps80a57dcf.jpg

GameusedSticks2_zpsf509513c.jpg

GameusedSticks1_zpsadbf4c83.jpg

Senators first and foremost. Looking to get into Kings aswell.

Rangers jerseys and all-star jerseys of former/current Rangers. Rangers jersey styles haven't changed significantly over time. All-star jerseys allow a chance to collect some other varieties. Also, prefer either captains, alternate captains, or all-star game MVPs if possible.

Currently have a mix of authentics and replicas and a few that need to be sent out for customization.