2000 All-Star Game Jersey Customization

FrozenThrone

Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to jersey collecting, but hopefully someone can help me out with a couple questions.

Basically, I purchased this blank 2000 All-Star game jersey on ebay for (also came with game tickets and some signed cards)

post-11598-0-06710900-1369976534_thumb.j

I want to have it customized to have Martin Brodeur's numbers, along with the NJ Devils patch and the Canada patch.

Could anyone give any insight as to what twill, material, etc. was used and where I can have these patches added so it looks as authentic as possible? Thanks in advance

Only thing I know is that they were made by Sport Maska Inc, which I dont think exists anymore?

Sorry to say this, but the jersey you bought was only used by the forwards and defensemen of the North America team. If you want to have a Brodeur made up, you would need the goalie jersey which had different colors in the body, stripes, and collar, not to mention the lettering kit. See these links:

http://m.nhluniforms.com/AllStar/AllStar2000.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000S-NHL-ALL-STAR-AUTOGRAPHED-JERSEY-/171049054686?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item27d35171de

This is just my opinion, but Exclusive Pro Sports should be able to do a nice job on that one. Some people here don't like EPS, but they've always done very good work for me. Website is exclusivepro.com, although it doesn't seem to be fully working at this time.

Normally you can just mail in your jersey along with an order form that describes what you want. However, as I mentioned earlier the site doesn't seem to be fully functional right now. You can always call them to get a quote on what each jersey will cost; it varies a little depending on the complexity of the kit (how many layers, etc.). This is only a guess based on my past experience with them, but I would think it would run around $60-65, but they would also charge a bit more to add on additional patches that you would need. Speaking of those patches, they might not be very easy to find, although perhaps others here might be able to point you in the right direction. It's always a good idea to send in guide pictures and descriptions to show what you are expecting in terms of lettering fonts, placement of numbers/letters/patches, etc. They do know which font to use, but you would be surprised how often a customizer will use an "official" font, but still some letters or numbers may come out looking somewhat different than they do on the actual on-ice jerseys. This is an endless source of frustration for collectors getting their jerseys customized, but if you provide useful photos and descriptions of what you expect, it will at least increase your chances of being happy with the result.

You can post in "The Want List" section of the Trading Post:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=5209&page=92#entry122189

About EPS website: EPS has stated over the past week or so that their website is down due to the storms/tornados that have been destroying parts of the Midwest. They said they hope to have it up any day now.

Also in my experiences the customization should run about $60 for the lettering plus $6 per patch. For this I would always email them beforehand and provide pictures if possible. Again, always be as detailed as possible as to what you want.

Right now their current turnaround time last I heard is 8-12 weeks. I sent in a couple of jerseys 5 weeks ago and still have not gotten them back yet.

The letter John Gray wrote up for the Cutting Edge auction. It's how we figured out that CE did the Islanders fisherman font, as well as the Senators third jersey font...

Check the fourth image on this listing by xahlgoalie: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-1998-Game-Worn-Nashville-Predators-Hockey-Jersey-Jeff-Nelson-38-/390564044644

Angelo, would you happen to know if Cutting Edge also did any of the previous All-Star designs, particularly 1998-99 and 1994-97?

Edit: Never mind, didn't see your last post until now.

I want to have it customized to have Martin Brodeur's numbers, along with the NJ Devils patch and the Canada patch.

Here is a goalie-style version of the 2000 All-Star Game jersey that you want a Brodeur of. It's the same size that you just bought as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-ALLSTAR-GAME-SPECIAL-EDITION-Jersey-Mens-Sz-Med-CCM-Made-In-Canada-All-Sewn-/360583346428

It's missing the patch under the all star one though.

This looks like it might be an authentic Devils shoulder patch (it came from an auction of Cutting Edge's inventory):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-New-Jersey-Devils-Jersey-Logo-Patch-/281082148389?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item4171cd3625

Why the patch borders are irregularly cut, I don't know, but maybe not all of the ones for sale are like that. The seller is a member of this forum. Many of us have bought stuff from him- he's a good guy, and nice to work with.

Need a bit of clarification on something.

post-11598-0-10584100-1370151039_thumb.j

In the picture above you can clearly see Scott Stevens wearing the #4 during the 2000 All Star Game. Yet both the Wiki article for the game and the announcer during the player introductions state that he's number 3 and that Rob Blake is #4.

Is this simply because Blake was in the starting lineup for the game and not on the bench like Stevens?

That picture is actually from the 2001 All-Star Game. The uniforms were the same style, and Stevens wore #4 in the 2001 game. You can also see that the CCM logo was moved from the hem (in 2000) to the back of the neck for 2001.

Not to mention the wrong ASG patch, plus a CCM logo in the wrong place...

Trying on the jersey, it seems to be a bit too small at sleeve length, so I might donate it to a relative or something of the sort. If anyone could keep an eye out for a Large in the same style Id greatly appreciate.