reebok edge jerseys

motorace

i have been reading a bunch of past threads on here, and have gotten gotten confused.

can someone give me a run down of the current edge jerseys, as of today, may 2013? 1.0, 2.0, 3.0??

and are all edge jerseys made now, and in the future, in idonesea? are the players jerseys still made in canada? will next years be made in canada maybe?

thanks for all the info! i have enough addictions and i think nhl jerseys may be my next one, uhg!

As of today, most EDGE jerseys available for retail purchase are made in Indonesia and are known as Indo-EDGE. Players wear the 2.0, made in Canada version; you can buy these through MeiGray or authorized team retailers. IceJerseys are selling a limited number of 2.0's for certain teams.

Will they be widely available soon? We hope so.

As of today, most EDGE jerseys available for retail purchase are made in Indonesia and are known as Indo-EDGE. Players wear the 2.0, made in Canada version; you can buy these through MeiGray or authorized team retailers. IceJerseys are selling a limited number of 2.0's for certain teams.

Just as an FYI, I'm placing my order for next season with Reebok, and the only jerseys they are taking orders for are 7231 (Indo-Edge). I'm in no way claiming that that means they won't have anything else, but just passing along this information.

by the way, are you a yamaha r6 owner? it's been a number of years now, but i could swear your handle was used on a bike board i followed for a number of years

Nope, just a RUSH fan. And yes, the 2.0's are made in Canada and the Indo-EDGE's have no ".0" designation. Actually, 2.0 is not an official Reebok term. They go by a 4-digit code. 7287 for 2.0's and 7231 for the Indo's; you'll find those in the inside tag (not the neck tag).

And they generally say around here not to buy Indo-Edge, right?

And the Indo-Edge materials are NOT the same as an Authentic made in Canada Edge jersey. Correct?

I'm not sure if Indo-Edges are made of good material or not because I've never owned one. But what I've seen in stores wasn't too good.

Ok, now I am getting confused.

The Indo Edge is not the jersey worn on the ice. It's not made in the same hemisphere as the on ice jersey. And it's made of different material than the on ice jersey.

So how can Reebok call this an authentic jersey of any kind? Why is it not considered a replica? It may be a better quality jersey than the premier, but that doesn't make it authentic.

And they generally say around here not to buy Indo-Edge, right?

And the Indo-Edge materials are NOT the same as an Authentic made in Canada Edge jersey. Correct?

I'm not sure if Indo-Edges are made of good material or not because I've never owned one. But what I've seen in stores wasn't too good.

Someone else should help you out here because I'm no expert.

But I believe I was told that Indo-Edges are not made of the same materials... they are made of much cheaper ones. I have seen just one Indo-Edge in person and I do know that some things like the fight-strap didn't look or feel right.

Don't ask me how Reebok can call it an Authentic.

I believe their "reasoning" is that it looks exactly like a real Authentic, whereas Premier/Replica jerseys have quite a few aesthetic differences. In general an Indo-Edge looks totally real and it might be hard to tell the difference without feeling it or seeing it up close. The Indo-Edges also have the team logo sewn down just like a real Authentic Edge. Premier/Replica jerseys are much, much different than Authentics.

Personally I'd only buy an Indo-Edge if I can get it for around the price of a Premier or if I cannot find a true Authentic anywhere. The real problem is that Indo-Edges are sold for the same price as a true Authentic.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

Indo's are glorified replicas with an abomination of a fight strap added to "appear" to be authentic to the casual fan who doesn't know better. I tried several of them on, they fit exactly like replicas and the strap is a complete joke. The airknit seems to be the same as that of replicas too.

lol, i think i'm an idiot so im still confused. here is an example from this site.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Washington-Capitals-201213-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-%28Made-in-Canada%29-p15267/

this jersey says made in canada and from this year. if you go to nhl shop, the 12-13 jersey is made in indonesea. is there a difference between these two jerseys, besides origin of manufacture? are authentics only made in larger sizes, no size 46? are the canada ones readily for sale anywhere or is it just a few floating around?

thanks for allt he ehlp and hopefully helps someone else too

The ones on IceJerseys are Edge 2.0, and are made in Canada. These are not readily for sale anywhere. There are only a few floating around, and I am being told by my distributor that ordering for next season is 7231 (Indo-Edge) only.

Authentics are available in sizes 46, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, and 60.

lol, i think i'm an idiot so im still confused. here is an example from this site.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Washington-Capitals-201213-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-%28Made-in-Canada%29-p15267/

this jersey says made in canada and from this year. if you go to nhl shop, the 12-13 jersey is made in indonesea. is there a difference between these two jerseys, besides origin of manufacture? are authentics only made in larger sizes, no size 46? are the canada ones readily for sale anywhere or is it just a few floating around?

thanks for allt he ehlp and hopefully helps someone else too

That's a tricky question- I believe they are exactly like what the players wear, but there may be 1 or 2 minute differences. But they are the closest thing you will get to be an "on-ice" jersey short of buying a game-worn jersey.

Which I can't do.

Becasue nobody in the NHL wears a size 46 jersey.

Not even Mats "The Hobbit" Zuccarello. (I saw him stand next to Brian Boyle at the faceoff circle on Monday night at the game. Wow.)

Thanks for the info guys. Definitely glorified replicas.

I'm no expert on legal matters, but it seems like intentional false advertising to me. You would think they could be in trouble for that if anybody had the time and money to pursue it.

I wouldn't have near the problem with them if they didn't charge true authentic prices for that crap and didn't seem to be intentionally trying for a cash grab from the common fans.

That's a tricky question- I believe they are exactly like what the players wear, but there may be 1 or 2 minute differences. But they are the closest thing you will get to be an "on-ice" jersey short of buying a game-worn jersey.

Which I can't do.

Becasue nobody in the NHL wears a size 46 jersey.

Not even Mats "The Hobbit" Zuccarello. (I saw him stand next to Brian Boyle at the faceoff circle on Monday night at the game. Wow.)

LOL, now thats funny!

let me ask you, what size are you to wear a 46? i purchased a 52 and it is ENORMOUS on me. i then bought a jersey on ebay , that ended up being fake, but it's a size 46 and i like it, but not sure if it's a real 46. i'm 5'9' and 200lbs (i'm actually not that fat though) and from readying past threads some people say a 46 would be tight on someone smaller that me, but hard for me to believe when the 52 was soooo big.

Motorace, are you talking about Edge 46's and 52's, or possibly another jersey type? Because I would think an Edge 52 shouldn't be that big on you based on your measurements...

I'm 5'5", 135. The EDGE 46 fits best (I have a 50 and the sleeves are a tad too long)- the width is good and the length too although it varies a bit:

I have a 1.0 blue NYR size 46 that's a bit more than 28" long- it doesn't seem to have that pronounced swooping/curvy bottom hem

I have a 1.0 white NYR 46 that has that kind of hem and is around 32" long

I have a 2.0 NYR WC that's a 46 that is about 31".

I think it also depends on how you like them to fit- I have long legs and I don't like the bottom if the jersey to completely cover my hind parts like a women's nightshirt.

The ones on IceJerseys are Edge 2.0, and are made in Canada. These are not readily for sale anywhere. There are only a few floating around, and I am being told by my distributor that ordering for next season is 7231 (Indo-Edge) only.

Do you know when your order will be delivered? There are a few jerseys I am hoping to get soon, but no one has my size in stock for them and it seems like some vendors (including the NHL store) were never restocked this year.

I believe this order is for late-summer, early-fall.

Do you know when your order will be delivered? There are a few jerseys I am hoping to get soon, but no one has my size in stock for them and it seems like some vendors (including the NHL store) were never restocked this year.

I emailed Ice Jerseys today to ask whether they would be getting retail Edge 2.0s for the Wild and Rangers away and alternate jerseys. I received this response a few hours later:

Thank you for contacting IceJerseys.com. We are sorry to inform you that presently this is all that is offered by Reebok...We have also been told there will be a short list of teams available next fall as well and only in the home team. We as a retailer find this very frustrating as there is great demand for authentic edge 2.0 jerseys (made in Canada), but Reebok does not want to carry the inventory...   Please let us know if you have any additional questions. - IceJerseys Customer Service

I wear a size 50, so GI or game worn jerseys aren't an option for me. I guess I will have to get used to Indo-edges for awhile.