Name and Number's on Jersey

Can some one please tell me a good company to get my Jersey customized..I have a NY Ranger Liberty White sorry if someone already posted this but I am a new to this forum I did see EPS are they any good

Thanks

I don't know off the top of my head but I will say that you may have some difficulties getting it 100% exact as the players worn. From what I gather, those Liberties can be tricky to get right.

• 6 months later...

I've had a few liberty white gamers in my time and have the exact sizzling for letters and numbers.

It's about time you joined here!

Wish I'd seen this earlier; I actually ordered a white Liberty kit from Cosby just a couple of hours ago! Btw, you can edit your posts. :thumbsup:

Hope it turns out to be what you're expecting. I should have joined this long ago.

Greetings! Welcome to the community. Any other tricks up your sleeve or is it limited to Liberties?

;)

I can do pretty much any team. I've had a lot of gamers pass through and I jacked all their number/name dimensions. What do you need?

For those of you who may not know, Keener does some badass customization, especially on those older designs that are difficult to get right. He pays attention to small details that we as collectors care about, but other customizers would rather not have to deal with.

I have a sweet network of gamer collectors who lend me jerseys so I can get the accuracy down to the stitch width. That's how I roll.

I don't have the teal edge plate material, but I can get white. Other than that it's doable.

Welcome, Keener! I've dropped your name to a few people looking for someone who knows what he's doing. Been to your site many times, especially to see your '95 Sakic for the Avs' generation 1 font. I second LAK's post - it's about time you got here!

That av's was easy, a buddy had a gamer he let me use. I have those exact fonts

That's good news. I have a '95 Forsberg coming which I believe is the correct font on the numbers, but I'm looking for someone to re-do the name. I have plate material. Do you have the entire lettering font to do a Forsberg? How accurate can you get your curve vs. Denver Athletic?

If you or I can find a high quality picture of a gamer from that year, I can perfectly match the letters and curve.

If you or I can find a high quality picture of a gamer from that year, I can perfectly match the letters and curve.

This is from a blog that details a lot of stuff about the 95 jerseys and differences from later years. Joel actually showed this to me, so only a matter of time before he posted it probably.

http://anyonebutdetroit.com/2011-articles/august/avs-jersey-post-1995-96.html

foppa.jpg

I've actually got two 1995-96 Burgundys that I'm going to get customized as well (Sizes 52 & 48), one will be a Forsberg, and the other I haven't decided yet between Sakic, Roy, and Foote. (All the Retired numbers that were on the 1995-96 team) I'm actually planning on doing all four in home and away 1995-96 Authentic Starter mesh. When I can find the blanks obviously lol.

Keener, do you think it matters which size? Would my 52 be easier to do the Forsberg in since the name is longer? Or maybe I should do the 52 in the Sakic or Foote because there would probably be more room for the letter?

And last but not least, is your 1995-96 Sakic a gamer? Where did you get the smaller crest if it's not? That's the last detail that bothers me, the crest being turned counter clockwise and bigger on the Authentics vs gamers.

Yup. Steve beat me to it. That's what I was going to post :) . Mine is a '95 white, already done with Forsberg. I'm happy with the numbers, just not the nameplate. If you can match those letters and that curve on Steve's pic then we'll be in biz. Comparing the font to my burgundy '97 Forsberg the only real difference I can see is the "G". On the '95 there is no tail on the lower right and there is one on my '97. The letters on the '95 look just barely fatter and the curve looks just barely shallower. The "R"s also look just slightly different where the tail at the bottom right starts. All that said, I'd be happy with a match to my '97s letters and curve, minus the tail on the "G". "R"s that match would be a bonus. Looks like you got yourself a couple customers my friend.

IMG_3616.jpg

I've actually got two 1995-96 Burgundys that I'm going to get customized as well (Sizes 52 & 48), one will be a Forsberg, and the other I haven't decided yet between Sakic, Roy, and Foote. (All the Retired numbers that were on the 1995-96 team) I'm actually planning on doing all four in home and away 1995-96 Authentic Starter mesh. When I can find the blanks obviously lol.

Keener, do you think it matters which size? Would my 52 be easier to do the Forsberg in since the name is longer? Or maybe I should do the 52 in the Sakic or Foote because there would probably be more room for the letter?

And last but not least, is your 1995-96 Sakic a gamer? Where did you get the smaller crest if it's not? That's the last detail that bothers me, the crest being turned counter clockwise and bigger on the Authentics vs gamers.

If you want to play it safe, maybe go Sakic on the 48. I'm not a sure how wide those 48's shoulders are. That Sakic on my page is a gamer as for as I know. It's my buddy's who is a big time collector. He let me use it to photocopy all the customizing.

Yup. Steve beat me to it. That's what I was going to post :) . Mine is a '95 white, already done with Forsberg. I'm happy with the numbers, just not the nameplate. If you can match those letters and that curve on Steve's pic then we'll be in biz. Comparing the font to my burgundy '97 Forsberg the only real difference I can see is the "G". On the '95 there is no tail on the lower right and there is one on my '97. The letters on the '95 look just barely fatter and the curve looks just barely shallower. The "R"s also look just slightly different where the tail at the bottom right starts. All that said, I'd be happy with a match to my '97s letters and curve, minus the tail on the "G". "R"s that match would be a bonus. Looks like you got yourself a couple customers my friend.

I see what you mean. All those issues I can correct. When I do a kit, after it's cut out and before it's sewn, I send out a picture so you can look it over and any discrepancies can be addressed before it shows up at your door. Every time a customer is disappointed, my soul dies a little.

BTW: I have no burgundy in Starter mesh and my supply of white is dwindling. Any help with those fabrics would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to play it safe, maybe go Sakic on the 48. I'm not a sure how wide those 48's shoulders are.

My white Forsberg is a 48 and the name fits just fine with plenty of room for the numbers. The peak of the piping is a little extreme because of the narrow shoulders, but there are no worries when it comes to a longer name fitting on a 48. As for the front, I had to remove both crests on my Sakic and my Forsberg whites and move them down - and will eventually do the same with my burgundy Forsberg (a 52). It looks better and created more room for the letters on the chest. Seems like an issue with Starter retail authentics. Jay posted about having to do the same with a size 60, so it doesn't seem to be a width issue, rather that Starter placed the crests so high - presumably to get them in the same relative place on the body without shoulder pads bringing the whole thing up a few inches.

Must be rough, Steve, having to make all these difficult decisions with all your '95 Starter Avs. :P

(jealous)