Tampa Bay Lightning Storm Jerseys... Question?

dsl135

Searching on eBay through completed listings for the Tampa Bay alternate Storm jersey, I came across what seems to be two very different versions, and I'm just wondering what the deal is...

First, is the one I'm used to seeing, made by CCM, has the sublimated gray and black rain, and the lightning bolts going down the sleeves starting about or just above the elbows:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAMPA-BAY-LIGHTNING-Alt-Storm-Jersey-S-CCM-1996-99-Sea-Sickness-Alternate-Third-/160950181802?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item257960dfaa

But then there's this one, made by Starter, only has GRAY sublimated rain (no black), and the lightning bolts start VERY high and is a lot thinner. It would be almost impossible to get this customized without the sleeve numbers being completely on the shoulders:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAMPA-BAY-LIGHTNING-third-STORM-jersey-NHL-rare-alternate-STARTER-L-LARGE-/200864130277?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec46f64e5

What's the deal here? Were the Starter ones just poorly made?

one other fact, Starter never made the gamers/authentics.

one other fact, Starter never made the gamers/authentics.

100% wrong information

starter did make gamers and authentics check your facts amigio

click on link

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.nhl.patrick.roy/images/10.netcam.jpg

Starter often made errors on their jerseys. This particular instance the design is different from the CCM versions, CCM made all of the gamers for Tampa. They never were made by another company, although there are some Nike prototypes out there which never saw the ice. I do have this jersey in question. It's nicely made, but it is different from the CCM's. Another example is an LA Ice Dogs IHL jersey they made in 1995. The collar and the dog's veins on the arms are different from the Bauer's. Nice jersey but not correct. I believe most of the IHL replicas Starter made (Detroit, LA, Minnesota, Atlanta, Cincinnati) had some errors. Starter even screwed up replicas of jerseys they made gamers on. Phoenix third is a classic example. And the collar on the white NYR liberty.

:noway:

as far as i know (but SOMEONE will probably try to correct me) Starter NEVER made ANY Lightning gamers or authentics!

:glare:

:noway:

as far as i know (but SOMEONE will probably try to correct me) Starter NEVER made ANY Lightning gamers or authentics!

:glare:

I guess you missed the second sentence of post #6.